‹ Prequel: The Natives

Dove and Grenade

Two

We didn't tell anyone- my choice, not his. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Besides that, Matt had gotten the house down the street. He moved out almost right away, but I waited a bit. It killed me that I couldn't be with him, but I knew it would be soon. And it was. After about a week and a half, I started moving my stuff.

I didn't know how Aron would take it. He had the house to himself now, and I wasn't sure how that would go over, seeing as he has a new girlfriend.

I got a call about a week after I moved out. It was from Aron, and I was sure it was about the house being empty. I sighed, answering anyway.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Kara, what are you and Matt doing tomorrow?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow and said, "I don't know, why?"

"Charlette wanted to go on a double date," he explained. "Mer's unavailable so that leaves you two."

"We can go, if you'd like us to," I replied.

"Could you?" Aron said. "You're awesome, sis."

"I know," I sighed.

"Seriously, I love you, you bitch," Aron replied.

"I love you too, slut," I laughed. "How's the fort holding up?"

"It's quiet," Aron sighed. "I don't have you here fucking everything up. Matt's not here eating my food. It's kinda nice. Jordan was over the other night. Got piss drunk, but that's nothing new. Nothing exciting. You? Keeping Matty Dearest on his toes, I'll bet?"

"He's a fuck like you would not believe," I said.

"Okay...ew," Aron said. "Didn't need to know that."

"You brought it up," I pointed out.

"My bad," replied Aron. "Anyway, I'll see you two tomorrow. Come here at six."

"Sounds good," I laughed. "See you then."

He hung up, and I did the same. Matt looked up from his magazine. He reached over and took my hand, and I smiled.

"Looks like we're going to dinner with Aron and Charlette tomorrow," I said.

"Sounds good," Matt said.

He came to sit beside me on the couch, and I looped an arm through his. He smiled and leaned his head down on top of mine. I ran my fingers over his hand, causing his muscles to relax. He kissed my cheek.

"Is it possible to love you any more than I do right now?" I asked.

The doorbell rang, and Matt grinned.

"Yes, yes it is," he said.

He stood from the couch and left. I heard a few murmured words and some laughter, but I couldn't make out specific words. A few minutes later, Matt came back in the room with a sack. He set it down on the coffee table.

"Del Taco," he said, grinning.

"You didn't!" I laughed. "Matty!"

I pulled him close and kissed him. He chuckled and hugged me in return.

"Hey, I brought it."

I looked up and saw Lauren standing beside the couch with another sack. Jason and Jorel stood near her, and I smiled again. She laughed at me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Matt thought you might enjoy some different company for a change," Jason said.

"Well, I am stuck here with him all the time," I sighed.

"Must be hell," Jorel said, grinning.

"Hey, at least you don't have to be stuck with her 24/7," Matt sighed.

"Oh, I know," Lauren said. "She's such a biiitch!"

I scrunched up my nose, trying not to laugh, but it was useless. Matt put an arm around my shoulders and squeezed gently.

"Bitch or no bitch, she's my bitch," he said.

I picked up a taco and unwrapped it, shoving it up to Matt's face.

"Shut up and eat your taco," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Random filler shit already? Sorry.

Anyway, I finally got this story all planned out. You guys are gonna love the drama I've got in store. ;)