Status: I aim to update once a week but I promise nothing.

When Dreaming Gets Drastic

Chapter 2

“Have you told the king and queen yet?” Owen asked. We sat in the back corner of the stable. The unicorn was eating oats in front of us.

I sighed and answered him, “No.”

“You know if you don’t say something soon they are going to force you to marry the prince of their choosing,” he said with a sad look upon his face.

“I know, but as soon as I tell them, they’re going to explode. They are going to be angry. You could be thrown out of the castle. I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t see you again. It may kill me.”

“Maybe they won’t do any of that. They may surprise you.”

“I don’t think they’ll have a problem because of my choice. I think they’ll have a problem because of what the nobles will think. I mean, can you imagine what will happen the moment the nobles find out about us?”

“You’re right. Maybe we should just stop this whole thing.”

“No.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive,” I whispered, leaning in to kiss him.

“Sweet Mary, Mother of God, what are you doing child?” My lady-in-waiting Mary yelled.

“Umm…” I stammered. Owen was shell-shocked next to me. Mary reached down and grabbed my hair. As she was dragging me towards the door, he stood up and spoke.

“I can explain, Mary.”

“I’m sure you can, Owen,” she snapped, “and you will, to the King.’ With that, she dragged me out of the unicorn stables. Owen followed.

“Go, leave,” I told him as I was being dragged toward the castle. He only shook his head. Mary dragged me through the long stone corridors to the throne room. As we raced toward the doors, the guards opened them with slightly confused looks on their faces. Mary pulled my hair hard as I dug my heels into the long red carpet that led to my parents. We walked down the carpet. It must have only taken a minute but it felt like eternity. When we stood in front of my parents Owen and Mary knelt and bowed their heads.

“What is the meaning of all this?” my father asked looking extremely confused.

Mary stood her head still respectfully bowed as she began to speak, “I was going to get the Princess so the rest of the ladies and I could get her ready to meet the Prince of Wales for lunch. I searched the whole castle before going out to the stables. I figured she was either riding or grooming her unicorn. But, I didn’t find her doing either of these things. I find her kissing this stable boy, Owen, Sir.”

“Owen, what do you have to say for yourself?” my mother asked. Owen stood in a similar pose as Mary and spoke.

“I have nothing to say that justify my actions towards the Princess, other than this; I love her and I don’t want to hurt her. I understand what I have done is not allowed but I love her. I can’t stress that enough, Ma’am.”

“Marissa what do you have to say for yourself?” my father asked with a stern look.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it
Coment Rate Subscribe :)