A Letter To You

004

Dear Stranger,

Do you remember when you were a young girl, all you wanted was to grow up? To live an adult life so you can stop being told what to do? Because I do.

I remember putting on my mom’s makeup because it made me feel beautiful. I remember trying on my mom’s shoes because I wanted to feel taller. And I remember going to work with her just so I can feel like I’m actually working at a real job.

But you know what I remember most?

Wanting to find my own prince charming.

Funny, isn’t it? Trying to find a prince charming? Too bad I was too hung up on finding a guy I didn’t realize how much pain it would cause me.

Going from boy to boy, I stopped dating once I broke up with my last boyfriend, “Danny”. I didn’t want to go through the pain anymore, so I said, Might as well just focus on my studying!

Yeah, being older isn’t as great as I though it would.

There’s drama, stress, proms, makeup, pimples, hormones, tests, homework, boys, and a lot more! It’s like a list that seems never-ending for us girls- and a few boys, as well!

And you don’t know how much I hate that list.

It’s like girls have a far more difficult life than boys- which might actually be true, but who knows? I haven’t lived a boys life before, so I can’t really say that our life is worse.

But anyway, growing up isn’t all sunshine. Sure, there may be some sunshine here and there, but most of all? There are thunder clouds and rain.

From sadness to anger; happiness to depression- every single one of us feels it all. Some are either good actors or just horrible ones.

Whichever one they are, just know that every person goes through them- grown up or not.

So, before any of you complain about wanting to be free and out of your parents’ life, just think for a moment:

You’re going to end up having to pay for the bills, (probably) work extra shifts, and (possibly) take care of a young child (may it be your youngest sister or daughter/son), and who would really want that?

So, go to a friend’s house and act like a little kid again! Go have a sleepover and talk about boys! Go through your mom’s makeup and make each other look like a clown! And go pop in a movie and eat some buttered popcorn!

Forget about trying to be “cool” by smoking a joint or trying to “be popular” by acting like a complete bitch because that is a serious waste of time.

It’s best to live the life as a kid right now then wasting it through studies and having others control you.

Not that I’m saying studying is bad, but you know… just don’t go stressing yourself over it.

Live your life to the fullest and make mistakes! Then learn from them and start all over again! Because trust me, once you're all old and wrinkly, you'll think back to when you spent your life like a child once more and won't regret a damn thing.

xoxo Karen
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for pretty much everyone out there. <3