Mirror Dreams

Sweet Like Chocolate

That day came sooner than anyone wished. Especially Jodie.

The day did not start well.

First off, the towel kept falling off the mirror in the bathroom, so Jodie had not been able to have a shower. But the worst part was having to walk through the room of mirrors because the builders were working on the area that Jodie would normally use.
It took Jodie about 10 seconds to run through that room, but to her it felt like 10 hours. Even with her eyes tightly shut she could still feel the cold evil eyes looking out at her from the other side of the mirrors. She didn’t stop when she left the room, but instead just opened her eyes and carried on running through the house.

And straight outside to where Sundance was lounging on a swing in the garden.

“Hey,” he said lazily, opening one eye to look at her. Jodie threw herself upon him and sobbed. She clung to him forever, as if letting go of him would transport her back to the room. Soon Sundance’s yellow t-shirt was soaked in salty tears.

“Hush,” he said softly, cradling her gently in his arms. He kissed her on her forehead and Jodie looked up at him; he’d never done anything like that before. His chocolate brown eyes gazed into her grey ones as he wiped the tears away from her face then kissed her again; this time on the lips. Jodie found herself kissing him eagerly back; he tasted of all the sweetest things she loved. She wanted the moment to last forever, but eventually Sundance drew away.

“So are you going to tell me what was wrong? Or do I have to guess,” Sundance asked her.

“Hmm... You can guess, it’s quite easy,” she replied, her head resting on his shoulder with his arm around her.

“Let me see, what gets Jodie so upset?” he teased, then in a more serious voice, “Mirrors?”

“Bullseye,” her tone of voice didn’t quite fit the word. Sundance looked at Jodie and sighed,

“I promise you I will do what ever it takes to help you get over the mirrors.”

“Thanks but there’s no point, my dad’s already tried everything. It doesn’t work.”

The mood had dampened. It didn’t fit with the glorious summer’s day. Sundance got out a bag of coloured sweets; he looked at Jodie and seeing her pretty face look so glum affected his thinking.

“Here, take some, they’ll cheer you up,” he said, offering the bag to Jodie.

She smiled her thanks and popped a colourful handful into her mouth.