Status: Rewrite

Suicide Note

Entry Six and Seven

It is difficult to swallow, reading this. And it appears that I am coming up with more questions when am looking for answers. But the most important questions are who this girl is, and has she killed herself yet?
I think hard, and can't remember any girl who has been pregnant in the past few months. So, that's good, right? That she's not pregnant. But I don't know when this was written. She could have killed herself when she found out, right before she started showing. Or maybe she's still alive, and maybe she aborted it. Maybe…
I pull my hair back, and wrap a tie around it. I sigh, and turn the page.

~Entry Six
_____Dear Journal
_____Today...was actually a good day. I can't even believe these words that I write, but they're true. Heather said that she's going to take me away, and that we will get out of this retarded town. I know she means it, because she said, "And forever shall sisters we be,"
_____We used to whisper each other that when we would hide in the basement from our parents, just to ensure that everything would be okay. But that was a long time ago.
_____But she said it, and she meant it.
_____So, sometime this week we'll be out of this shit hole, and finally free. Maybe suicide would not be the best choice. Maybe I can't make my life worth something.
_____I have to go now. I'll write tomorrow.
_____Signed,
~~~~~~~~~~Maybe Okay

~Entry Seven
_____Dear Journal
_____Heather is gone. She left last night while I was asleep. And guess what?
_____I'M NOT FUCKING WITH HER!
_____Yeah, she left me her with our fucking shit-faced parents. I hate her fucking guts! She left me here.
_____And guess who got the blame for my sister supposed, "Disappearance?" Yep, that's right, me. My parents were so pissed.
_____My face is black and blue, and my torso has bruises all over. It hurts to walk, to talk, to move or to even breathe.
_____My feet hurt from my father dropping a brick on them. I hate him.
_____My mother slapped me over and over again, saying that I was worthless and a mistake and that she never wanted me or my stupid sister. She continued to punch me in the gut, until I coughed up blood. I screamed in pain, begging for her to stop. I fell to my knees and cried out for them just to kill me already, just so that they can't hurt me anymore.
_____They laughed, and said that seeing me in pain was the only reason they had not killed me off yet.
_____I have been crying since then.
_____I don't know what to do. I am tired from fending off my parents, so I can't kill myself tonight. My body is telling me that I can't kill myself tonight.
_____Oh, and as for me being pregnant, well, if I am, the baby is probably dead from being beaten.
_____There's a thought. Beaten before life.
_____Strange, yes?
_____But, yeah.
_____My own sister left me here, alone in this world. The only thing that comforts me is death, and I know that is coming soon.
_____One day, I will leave this place, and be somewhat...happy.
_____Hopefully.
_____Signed,
~~~~~~~~~~Not With Her, Nor Was I Ever


I scream when my cell phone starts ringing. It scared the living crap out of me.
I quickly grab it and answer.
"Hello," I whisper.
"Jess, it's me," Vince says.
I sigh in relief at the sound of his voice as it relaxes me slightly.
"I'm on a break from football practice, and I noticed earlier today that you were acting..." Vince trails off when he hears that I'm crying. "Babe? What's wrong?"
I rub my neck as I say, "There's too much to say, and not enough time," My voice breaks
There's a pause. "Did...did you see him again? In one of your dreams?" Vince says quietly.
I moan. "No, it's not that..." I sniff, the memories flowing back like water in a sink.
"Whose ass am I going to kick today, babe?" Vince asks.
I laugh once as I wipe the tears from my cheeks. "No one's. Just...come over after practice, and we can talk then."
"Okay. I have to go now." Vince says.
I put my hand on my forehead. "Kay'. I love you,"
"Love you too," Vince says.
I press the end button and turn the page.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!