Status: I'm just getting started. :)

Fall for You

Introductions

*Revised Chapter*

Therefore, this is a story mainly inspired by actual events that I myself went through during 09. Much of what you are about to read are non-fiction events that I experienced and some of it has been added or dramatized just to improve the quality/interest of the story. Names and other personal details have been changed/altered for obvious reasons. This is my very first original fiction story and it is very close to my heart, some of it has been/will be difficult for me to write because it brings up painful memories but overall I am so far enjoying this piece of work. Please excuse all grammatical, spelling and any other kind of errors, I am a decent writer (at least I hope so), but I am not perfect. Flames are accepted but not encouraged nor appreciated, so unless you plan to leave some constructive criticism rather than "I hate this! You're a terrible writer!" do not really expect me to take you seriously.

Love it.

Hate it.

Either one, just enjoy it. :)

FFYFFYFFYFFYFFYFFY

Her worn out flip-flops literally, 'flip flopped' against the hard pavement as she ran across the solid concrete, while her pulse and heart rate no doubt were going up by each move she made. Long, jet black hair whipped against her face with each step she made as heavy breaths due to exhaustion escaped her full lips, while her arms securely protected the object in her hands. "Wait!" She yelled, hoping, praying the bus driver or at least someone on the bus either heard her protests or somehow, was able to spot her through the windows. She highly doubted the second option because of the fact that it was around 8:30, loud sounds of thunder boomed from the sky, which only lit up due to the heavy lightening, and large raindrops poured from the dark gray clouds. She smiled exhaustedly when the sound of the bus stopping and the two automatic doors opening traveled through her ears.

Stepping on to the bus, she reached into her pocket of her soaking wet pants and pulled out a bus token. "Thank you so much"

The bus driver, an elderly African American man pressed his lips into a tight line and grunted in annoyance, "Whatever just take a damn seat."

Walking all the way to the end of the bus, she took a seat on the very last row wanting to be alone. Using her peripheral vision, she noticed the disapproving and strange look an older woman was giving her. Ignoring the woman, she slowly unzipped her damp jacket and carefully took out the portfolio, running her slender fingers over the leather cover. Her heart ached with each stroke because each stroke brought back different memories of the two of them together, they had shared so much in so little time. Her eyes dampened slightly so she bit down on her bottom lip to attempt to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall down her caramel face.

Wiping aggressively at her eyes with the sleeve of her jacket, she placed the object back inside of the clothing item before zipping it back up. She looked to her side when she felt a soft tap on her shoulder.

"You want to use my blanket baby?" An elderly woman with thick-rimmed glasses questioned, showing the young girl a beautifully designed quilt. "You look like you about to freeze to death over there in them soaking clothes of yours." The young girl had not noticed she was slightly shaking because of her bodies decreasing temperature, which her soaked clothes only added to.

"No thank you mam, I'm okay." She smiled timidly and shook her head, "My stop should be coming up soon anyway." She added, not wanting to sound rude or ungrateful.

The woman shrugged and turned her attention back to her knitting just as the bus stopped abruptly. The young woman eagerly looked out the window to see whether this was her stop or not, as soon as she realized it was she said a quick goodbye to the old woman and sprinted off the bus. She hurried down the sidewalk, slightly frightened by the raging thunder coming from the sky. Her grandma had always taught her that when it stormed like that, the good Lord was trying to talk to them. She never really doubted the myth but never really believed it either. However, at that moment she wondered if God was trying to get her attention. Maybe even punishing her for her very foolish mistake or either his.

Her legs, feet, and thighs ached from all the running she had done, however none of that pain even came close the pain her heart felt. She questioned whether he needed her but at the moment, there was no doubt in her mind that she needed him. She smiled slightly as she reached the entrance for the prestigious, upscale, gated entrance for his neighborhood but frowned when she saw the security man that was working.

"Name." The man asked boringly, sounding more interested in whatever it was he was doing on his Blackberry.

"Mathews," She said, "Corey and Max"

"And you are?"

The young girl sucked her teeth in annoyance; the bastard knew exactly who she was. "Shayera Smith"

He did some clicking on his computer, "Sorry miss, the Mathews have requested that all visitor requests be denied and plus, you're not on the list."

She frowned deeply; she had to see him. "Please sir, can't you just-"

In irritation, he cut her off. "Look mam, I'm sorry but they just don't want to be disturbed."

"But I-"

"Mam, the way I see it, you have two options. Either leave now or be escorted out by the police."

She turned to walk away when a gust of sheer determination rushed over her, she turned back around to look the guard straight in the eye.

"Look," She searched his uniform for his name, Mark. "Mark, I made a mistake okay? A big mistake and I need to fix it or I do not know what I will do. It's Saturday night, storming like fuck, my clothes are soaked, I feel like I am in Antarctica and I freaking ran all the way here from Virginia Beach!" She sighed, "Things were said between me and one of the Mathews that I'm sure neither of us meant and I've tried contacting him by phone, text, email and hell even Facebook! But he won't answer me and I'm worried about him and I swear to God if something happens to him I'll never forgive myself, so please….." Her voice cracked, "Please let me in."

The guard looked straight at her for a good minute before pressing a few buttons on his computer as the gate opens. She squealed and threw her arms around the man, "Thank you!" She unraveled her arms around him and headed straight down the block towards his mansion, straight ahead. Opening up the gate, she walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

He did not answer.

She rang again but this time knocked on the door also, flinching as a loud boom of thunder sounded from the Sky. Her heart raced as she heard the sound of someone walking towards the door.

He swung the door open with such rage, it frightened her slightly, "What the fuck? I said I didn't want to be-" He stopped when he realized who she was, "Shy?" His face instantly softened, "What the hell are you doing out here? You're fucking so-"He reached to pull her in but she yanked her arm back.

"No," She objected, "Screw the rain. I need to tell you something…..and it can't wait."

*3 Months Earlier*

Shayera Candace-Michelle Smith loathed her name because of several different reasons. Smith is probably the most common name in the US, if not the world. Candace-Michelle is the same name of that tramp from one of those wrestling shows and Shayera, a name made up by her mother meaning 'destined for greatness', was just plain weird in her opinion. She was convinced, once eighteen, she would legally change it to an actually attractive name. Unfortunately, she still had 3 years to go.

Shayera, a junior, attended Landstown Academy. A prestigious and upscale boarding school located in the quaint city of Chesapeake, which is located in the state of Virginia. She hated it there and at the same time loved it. She hated how people looked down on her because 1. She was black (multi-racial to be exact) and 2. She was there on an academic scholarship. Thus not fitting in with all of the wannabe Barbie's and Kens. She was an individual living in a world of followers. A commoner forced to live with Royalty. An outcast.

"Shy!" She searched for the source of the voice and smiled softly at the sight of one of three of her best friends. The promiscuous Latina made her way through the sea of students, pushing and shoving along the way, to reach her friend.

Shy smiled, "Hey Aqua" Isabella Aquanette "Aqua" Santiago, a junior like Shy, is a headstrong Spanish young woman with a potty mouth and an even naughtier mind. Her silky black hair frames her oval shaped face, large, light brown eyes, and high cheekbones. The curvy Latina is more or less a Sex addict who adores the fact that she was blessed with natural 36C breast and curvy hips. "What's up?"

The Latina flipped her hair, "Nothing much, I just came back from the Senior Hall and guess who just got into a fight…again."

Shy rolled her eyes, "Hmm let me think," She pretended to give the question thought, "Corey?"

"Yup," Aqua popped the P, "Hey have you heard from Damon?" The Spanish girl questioned, referring to Shayera's older brother who just so happened to be her big sisters boyfriend.

Shayera nodded as she shut her locker and the two started to walk down the hall, "Yeah he actually sent me an email last night, he's doing great. Thank God." Damon, currently, was stationed in Iraq.

Aqua smiled, "That's great, did he-"

Shy rolled her big brown eyes, "No Aqua, he did not ask about you. When are you going to give up mamacita? He does not like you, he loves your sister, and hell, and they even have a kid together. My niece. Your niece."

She shrugged, "Bitch please, that boy know he love me." She joked,

Shy laughed, "You are so damn crazy, and what the hell were you doing in Senior Hall anyway?"

Aqua smirked, "I went to go talk to somebody."

Shy raised an eyebrow, "So by "talk" you mean screw, and by "somebody" you mean Brad, am I right?"

Aqua giggled, "I plead the fifth."

"Hey," Shayera greeted as she and Aqua met up with Mya and Karina. Mya was Shy's cousin and Karina was Aqua's'. Whilst, Shayera was only 15; Mya, Karina, and Aqua were all 17 but the four girls were inseparable. They had all been best friends since before they could remember.

"Hi," Karina smiled. Karina, a lot like Shayera, was very quiet and timid. Polar opposite of her cousin, Karina was a straight A student and practiced abstinence. A word foreign to her cousin. With shoulder length brown hair, massive brown eyes, and a curvy shape, Karina was nothing short of beautiful.

"Sup," Mya said, Mya was a forced to be reckoned with. A sharp tongue that does not hold back with anything often lands her into heaps of trouble with her mom. However, Mya was that best friend who looked like she stepped foot out of a fashion magazine yet rarely complimented herself. She was naturally thin, weighing only 110 pounds but was very busty; 32D. Light brown skin and jet-black hair with matching brown eyes. She could easily make any person drool. Shy often envied her cousin but at the end of the day couldn't do without her. Neither girl got a chance to say anything further because the bell cut them off as the four departed and headed to the rightful class.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a story I have posted on my Fiction Press account, I'm already on like chapter 12 so leave me some comments and I'll post more. PS) Check out my profile for the link to all the character pics and story info. :)

XoXoAmbyXoXo