Status: Comment please!!!

The Traveling Tale of the Two Troublesome Twins

The Letter

I crept quietly into the bedroom my sister shared. She had woken up five minutes before that but talked me into letting her go back to sleep. “Five more minutes!” She begged. I caved, I was the softer twin. She was the more aggressive one. Go figure.

But, now, her five minutes are up. “Kourtnea, your five minutes are up.” I said shaking her shoulder to get her up. “Remember? We have school today.”

“Nom.” She said and rolled over facing the wall. “Kaylea, please just five more minutes I promise! Just five!” She begged again.

I sighed and said, “No, Kourtnea, you already had your five minutes.”

“Would it kill you to give me five more?” She was always cranky in the morning.

“Fine. Five more minutes. But that’s it.” I walked out of the room and practically slammed the door. I began walking down the tile hallway. I looked at the clock. Four more minutes. I walked out to the mailbox to get the mail. I picked up the mail and began to flip through it.

“Dad. Dad. Dad. Kourtnea. Dad. Dad. Mom---wait no, that’s not Mom, that’s Kourtnae and I.” I said out loud to myself. I ran back into the house. “KOURTNEA WE HAVE MAIL!!!” I screamed. Kourtnea stumbled out of our bedroom in her wrinkly school uniform.

She yawned and looked at me. “Let me see.” She said. I handed her the letter to both of us. “It’s addressed to us…”

“I got that!” I screamed impatiently. “Oh here.” I said handing her the other envelope addressed to her.

She ripped that one open first. “Eh, I’ll read it later.” She put it on the night table. “Here’s what the one to us says: ‘Dear Miss Kourtnea and Kaylea Marton. You have been accepted into Southern Korea’s best International All Girl Academy. We will anxiously await your arrival. Sincerely, Waeng Masters (Dean.)” She looked at me very surprised.

“Korea?!” I screamed. She nodded and we began to hug and jump around. “We have to call Dad right now!” I yelled.

Kourtnea handed me the phone and let me call because she doesn’t like talking on the phone. “Hey, Dad?” Kourtnea had began dancing around the living room. “Yeah, it’s Kaylea. Kourtnea and I walked to ask you something very seriously. We’re almost seniors and think it would be a good idea to study abroad.”

“Kaylea, what are saying?” My Dad asked. He walked into a place where there was no background noise, so I knew he had became serious.

“Kourtnae and I just got an acceptance letter to study at the all girl’s international academy in South Korea.” Kourtnae stopped jumping around long enough to walk over beside me and hear our Dad’s answer.

“As long as I take you to the airport and you call me everyday, I think it would be a great experience.” He said.

Kourtnea screamed in the phone and hugged me tightly. “Dad! We won’t let you down!” She yelled loudly.

“Kaylea, I also think it’d be a good idea to stay home from school to get ready for your plane, tonight.” Dad said.

“Wait…are you saying…you knew we had been accepted…?” Kaylea asked.

“Of course I had. I sent the acceptance applications in.” He said. I silently screamed and thanked him again. I hung up the phone and flew into the attic.

“HEADS UP, KOURTNEA!!” I yelled to Kourtnea I was throwing down our matching suit cases for us to start packing. She came out of the bathroom.

“Dude, my other letter said I was accepted to study in Australia. But, I’m studying in Korea.” She laughed. Then I accidentally threw a suitcase on her feet. “Ow!” She yelled.

I blew it off and tossed another suitcase. This one didn’t hit her, but came very close. “Sorry, Kourt.” I chuckled and climbed down from the attic. “Well, start packing. We’re going to Korea tonight!!” I screamed. She picked up her suitcase and walked to her side of the room. The messy one.

She began humming a very fast up-beat song. “New song?” I asked. She blushed and nodded.

“Let me hear the lyrics.” I pursued.

“One more day. Got no where to go, got nothing to say. We’re here, we’re here, forever now. That’s the first part. Here’s the chorus: Traveling all over the world, some place where no one can see us…Then I’m stuck.” Kourtnea confessed.

“I like the vibe. I can defiantly rap to it.” I said and smiled.

“Thanks.” Kourtnea said and began speed packing. She began throwing everything she owned into her suitcase. I began laughing. “What?”

“You are so retarded. Why are you packing like that, I mean you have like hardly no clothes…”

“Because we’ll have uniforms.” Kourtnea answered. “And besides I need all these things.” She snatched a bumblebee pen I had in my hand back and threw it into her suitcase.

I shook my head and began packing also. Around lunch time, our Dad came home and hugged us both. “When does our plane leave?” Kourtnea asked eagerly.

“A couple of hours.” Dad answered. Kourtnea and I began packing once again and were soon ready to head to the airport.

“Ooh! Dad! Can I perhaps drive, I mean I have my license!!” Kourtnea asked early. He nodded his head and tossed her the keys. I lifted my head and prayed silently.

I trusted my twin sister and got in the backseat and snuggly buckled my seatbelt. But she did great. And within thirty minutes she had parked into a parking spot at the airport. Our Dad couldn’t come in to escort us so Kourtnea and I found our way to the kiosk to print off our boarding passes. Kourtnea knew everything about flying in a jet because she was allowed to travel to Boston her sophomore year back and forth with Dad. I didn’t I stayed in Auburn, New York during that time to take care of our dog that died a few weeks later.

“Our gate is C27.” I said to Kourtnea, she smiled and led the way.

“You hungry?” She asked me. “It may be a while before we get to Korea.” I nodded my head. So, we stopped and got something from Subway. Then, we headed for our plane. Which in fact was boarding.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Kibum <3
<>
She loves Hyung Jun <3
<>
Her loves Alexander <3
<>
Only if it were true...