Love's a Battlefield

Twenty-Two

The rest of the afternoon was just spent with the group relaxing. Ed and Casey had disappeared for a walk outside since the weather was actually pretty decent for once and we knew they would be gone for a while having probably gone into town to do the food shopping at the same time.

I was sat flicking through TV channels happily, it was like i had been living in the house for years the way i just seemed to fit in so well. Casey had been the same it was what our first proper day and we already knew where most things were. As i found an old episode of CSI on the TV i settled down leaving the remote on the cushion next to me. I was half way through the program as Alex came and joined me. I didn’t notice he had picked the remote up until the channel suddenly changed.

‘Davies put that back i was watching that!’

‘Get the remote back and you can carry on.’

Alex had a smirk on his face as i chased after him through the house.

‘Davies you bets get back here or this beloved guitar of yours will be murdered cruelly.’

‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOO not that guitar, put that down. Here have the remote just give me that guitar.’

I handed him the guitar taking the remote quickly, sticking my tongue out and headed back for the TV. As i sat down Alex and his long legs had caught back up with me and i smiled as he actually watched the rest of CSI after missing about five minutes and some ad breaks.

As the day drew to an end i remembered the text i had received. At 9 pm sharp i headed into the kitchen to see Teddy sat there happily on the counter.

‘Right i have something to talk to you about.’

‘I guessed that much Ted’s.’

‘Right, anyway, those comments were so true. Honestly you and Alex need to get together i can tell he likes you bad and you’ve told me how you feel for him. I really want to see you pair happy, it’s killing me seeing the way you pair act around each other knowing you want more. Alex is that easy to work out for us guys as well. We know what he is like when he likes someone a lot.’

‘i suppose your right, i do have really strong feelings for him, but are you sure?’

‘I’m pretty positive Hol, in fact so much so i have a little idea in my mind.’

‘Oh god, well i say you give your idea a go what’s the worst that could happen, i need to think about stuff properly.’

‘OK then agreed.’

With that i walked out the kitchen Teddy with a huge grin on his face. I wasn’t even going to bother trying to get his idea out of him, i knew it wouldn’t work, i had known that guy long enough. I headed up to the room me and Alex were sharing for the time been and settled down with a scrap book of memories i had just thinking.

********************************
Alex’s POV

I wondered into the kitchen after watching TV for a while to make me a cup of coffee. I planned to go into the studio and get some song writing done if possible thinking of asking Holly for some help since she was a lot more computer literate than me.

As i walked into the kitchen teddy was sat on the work surface grinning to himself since no-one else was in the kitchen until i walked in.

‘What the hell you grinning at?’

‘Oh we do turn up then did you forget the text?’

‘Oh crap sorry yeah, what did you want Cheshire cat?’

‘You like Holly, Lex it’s dead obvious.’

‘I do Ed has spoke to me about this before, why.’

‘Go for it ask her out do something really romantic that will have her shocked, cause Lex honest truth she’s fallen for you. I know first hand.’

‘You, you’ve asked her and she told you?’

‘yeah i had guessed at it the way she looked at you, the upset she went through with the misunderstanding it was clear, she really likes you Lex.’

‘Ok i believe you, but how could i really win her over romantically?’

‘hmmm there nay songs that you listen to that relate to her, is there a song idea you could write and serenade her with, or take her out somewhere.’

I stood there stirring the milk into my cup of tea ready to drink it when it cooled slightly, thinking of anything.

‘Actually there was a song i heard on the radio chart earlier that got me thinking about her so bad.’

‘Then go on the chart online download it ad leaving it playing somewhere hint that it’s you that links her and the song, maybe be sat there whilst it’s playing?’

‘I think i know what to do, but not tonight, tomorrow i will, but you’ve got to keep everyone but her downstairs when the plan takes action.’

‘Sure, will do let me know in the morning the fine details?’

‘Will do, I’m going to go do some writing and recording now for those demo’s, going to ask Holly to help, send Ed and Casey over when they return to please?’

‘Sure will do, have fun and let me know when you need bass recording for it.’

I nodded at teddy as i took my cup of tea in hand before going to get Holly. She had mentioned going to my room where she was sleeping to sort some stuff out. I walked in as she sat closing a book putting it into her bag. I asked her to help with recording and the two of us headed over to get some work done in the studio.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh what's lexington's plan then =]