Love's a Battlefield

Three

The rest of the afternoon was spent as a kind of get to know Casey session and a plan had formed between me and her on videoing the next video blog. Which funnily enough would involve a few practical jokes. Poor Elliot Minor was all Gary could think of. He knew I was bad enough for scaring the hell out of Ed whilst he sound checked but now with Casey to well it would be hell on earth for the next couple of months.

After a while we all headed back to the hotel we were stopping in for the next two nights, we wouldn’t be required to sleep on the bus until the tour started properly, luckily. When we got into the hotel we all sat in the bar around one of the corner seating areas with a few pints and what not chatting away. Casey was sat between Ed and me and Ed actually had his arm around her by the end of the night. Seriously that guy moved quick when he had a few drinks but Casey couldn’t of been happier. She actually let me know that she really liked Ed and thought he was adorable. It looked like a certain two would be hitting it off really well during this tour and not just as friends.

As we had taken the seat Alex and Dan had actually fought over who got to sit next to. I had to admit it was amusing to watch the two of them sit on top of each other and scrap. But Alex had won in the end by going into one of his traditional mood swings. Seriously this bloke could be worse than a woman during her monthly ‘death week’ with his mood swings for getting his own way. Although i was happy he did win what with my little crush. I loved how close me and Alex were as friends although i did notice Dan give him a look of jealousy at one point. I smiled at Dan and that seemed to please him enough. Teddy was watching Alex real close which kind of scared me, it got me thinking about whether Teddy knew something i didn’t since I had last worked with these guys.

Before long everyone headed to their rooms and me and Casey sat in ours discussing the plans for tomorrow’s prank during the sound check with set up. Before long we had both fallen asleep after I explained it looked like Ed liked Casey, she had asked if I could hint at Ed to tell her his feelings if there were any cause I was so close. I shook on the deal and knew those pair would definatly soon end up dating. Ed wasn’t exactly difficult to work out anymore. When had first met him he was but i knew his methods well by now watching him flirt with a good few women.

The next day soon approached and as we stood in the venue Casey started her filming and getting photos of the band. I meanwhile was busy running about with boxes of equipment setting them up in the appropriate places as we hadn’t completed it yesterday. Once I had got my sound booth ready Gary asked if I would mind helping the roadies out and would go repair a couple of the lights. Possibly the worst task I could of been asked to do especially with the ‘Minor lads been bored but i was small and light enough to head up on a few wires to the roof lighting that had been set up earlier on that morning.

As I harnessed myself in i set up climbing the dodgy ladder that hung in mid air up to the lights. I was about half way up when the wire i was attached to was pulled sharply causing me to fly of the ladder and start swinging in mid air. I looked below me to see none other than Ali Paul with his hand on the wire looking up grinning at me. Casey had the camcorder facing me as she giggled at the fact i was just hanging about mid air. I swung myself back to the ladder and continued up it reaching the light bulb hanging on the ladder as Ali tried to pull me off it again. I was definatly getting that boy back for that and as I fitted the light I winked at Casey who smiled at me from the venue floor with the camera at the ready. Teddy had also seen me wink and decided that standing behind Casey would probably be safest after all he knew what i could be like.

Once I had repaired the loose light bulb it blinding me in the process I started my decent down the ladder. As i reached the half way point i gave a sly thumbs up in Casey’s direction who walked backward, teddy at her side, filming me and then Ali, Alex, Ed and Dan to. Ali was luckily stood a slight distance form the other lads making him a perfect target. I knew how far the rope would swing and so pushed myself off the ladder whilst abseiling down through mid air. I had practise rock climbing as a kid which was always good.

As i swung down i aimed straight for Ali who had heard the yell i let out as i aimed for him at full speed. The rest of the crew had turned around to watch the pay back Ali was about to receive and even Gary had a huge grin on his face as he watched. Alex, Ed and Dan had ducked to the floor but Ali couldn’t move. As I came towards the height of Ali I was hanging upside down on the rope happily and lent my hands out grabbing Ali’s arms as I swung back into the air. Ali let out a scream as his feet left the ground leaving behind his shoes, which he really should earn to tie properly. I swung backwards and forwards for a few seconds with Ali hanging onto my arms for dear life as he swung above the floor. Not realising he was no longer that high up. I think what scared him even more was the fact I flipped back upright still holding on to him. Alex was currently on the floor absolutely killing himself with laughter as Ali let out pleading cries. Casey and teddy were stood on the other side of the room filming the mishaps and before long I allowed Ali back on the floor before gracefully landing myself.

As Ali stood upright his legs were shaking from the shock of what had just happened. Alex was still rolling about on the floor in laughter and Gary had let out a laugh himself. The rest of the crew were stood smiling at the fact i got my own back. After a while we actually got around to sound checking. This was the time when mine and Casey’s amazing plan for scaring the living life out of Ed would work. When sound checking the guys were required to wear there ear pieces. Normally they weren’t on a very high volume though but today i had decided just Ed’s would be turned up pretty loud.

Casey was stood at the ready on the stage ready to film the sound check as part of the video blog and as i placed my headphones on with the mouth piece i spoke into Alex’s ear piece informing him to check his guitar. I then got Dan to check the drums, Ali his keyboard and teddy his bass. Last of all came Ed, Casey pointed the camera in his direction and i spoke into the head set.

‘Ed check your guitar please?’

Poor little Eddie jumped half a mile as Alex turned staring at Ed after hearing my voice from Ed’s ear piece himself. Ed had a heart attack at how loud it had been and I was stood doubled over laughing at his poor reaction. Ed went bright red in front of Casey which made me laugh even more as Casey smiled up at Ed making him relax again.

Once sound check was over we headed for some lunch. On the way Casey was deep in a discussion with teddy about something intelligible. I meanwhile had pulled Ed to the back of the group and explained I had seen what he was like with Casey. He informed that he really liked her and i told him to go for it, Ed could tell I knew something and so said he would after food. I patted his back before alex also dropped back to walk beside me. Ed winked at me before joining Dan and Ali. Alex meanwhile walked beside placing his extremely long arm around my shoulders pulling me into his side.

‘Nice pranks, I really did miss you since we last worked together’

‘Aww cheers Lexi I missed you guys to, It’s always a laugh.’

I smiled at his watching his eyes sparkle slightly in the lights of the corridor before paying attention on where i was walking as i had missed walking into the railing for stairs by a couple of centimetres.

I was so annoyed with myself, i had fallen for Alex one person i saw as my best friend and i couldn’t even tell him. He didn’t like me that way though I had that feeling about it, i was just his best mate that was it.