Love's a Battlefield

Four

The day went by fairly quickly and whilst the rest of the group spent the next couple of hours sound checking I had to run around the stage covering up Elliot Minors set and sound checking the support bands leaving the first bands equipment set up before the crowds were released into the venue for the first night of tour. The support bands didn’t fancy hanging around with us and instead went shopping before getting ready for their set, they were quite distant bands but never the less they were lovely.

As the crowd were let into the room, i played a mixed CD of music for them to listen to as they waited for the bands to begin. As this played and left another roadie to sit there and not touch anything, i headed up to the guys dressing room. When I walked in I noticed Ed and Casey talking, whilst Ed wondered around trying to find his top.

Teddy found the top that was in question Ed pulling it on once he had caught it. I walked over to Dan and teddy who were the only ones ready for the show. I hugged them good luck for the performance knowing they would do well as always. Once Ed was ready I hugged him and as I walked past Casey to find out where Alex was i winked at her.

Her face blushed bright red as Ed continued talking to her. They both sat on the sofa and I left them to be knowing Ed would do something before or after the show or maybe even both. Casey was rather shy with her answers but as Ed placed an arm around her telling her he didn’t bite unless she asked she smiled and loosened up a little more enjoying the attention off him.

I wondered toward the door to see if Alex was in the corridor but as I reached the door it was swung open fall force smacking me in the chest and head causing me to stumble backwards a couple of steps. Alex had been the one to completely push the door open full force and once he realised he had hit someone with it checked I was ok to walk and talk. He placed his hands on my shoulders and I looked up into his face. Hi gently placed a thumb to my head under my fringe where the door had hit me and rubbed the spot better.

‘Really sorry about that Hol’s’

‘Don’t worry I’ve gained worse injuries than this. You almost ready?’

‘yeah yeah don’t worry about it I won’t be late.’

He smiled at me and I gave him a good luck hug him running his hand half way down my back before realizing what he was doing and quickly let the hug go. I hugged Ali and then said i was off to do some the sound with Casey following behind me armed with a camcorder and a camera. As the two of us headed down to the back of the venue ready to start our work for the night Casey spoke to me.

‘You like him, don’t you?’

‘..mmmm...maybe.....’

I mumbled as we continued to walk at a steady pace, there was no rush to get there.

‘I can tell, like you could with me and Ed. It will work out for you pair trust me, I have a good feeling and I’ve only known you a few hours.’

I smiled as we pulled the venue doors open and headed to the sound area. I placed my headphones on my head and five minutes later the support band entered the stage and screaming fans started up.

After the show had finished been a complete success and the fans had all darted outside, to either meet the bands or catch their lifts home or whatever, i started to unpack all the equipment and started to load it into the van. Casey offered to help once she had placed her camera’s onto the bus and soon she returned help me push the huge cases over to the side doors.

As we got outside fans cleared the pathway as we loaded up the gear. As I pushed a smaller box following behind Casey, who had drawn the short straw and was juggling three guitar cases and a cymbal bag, to the van Dan ran from nowhere jumping onto the box I was pushing.

‘Daniel Hetherton get your fat ass off the box it’s difficult enough to push up the hill without you on it.’

Dan turned winking at me not moving from the box he was sat on as fans started to turn their attention to my raised voice as use of Dan’s full name. A couple of girls laughed as I ran to the other side of the box that was now on the private stretch of hilled road. Dan hadn’t quite caught onto my plan but a couple of fans had and as Casey joined she pulled a small handheld camera out of her jacket pocket. I started to push the box down the hill this time Dan realising he was moving pretty damn fast now.

‘Holy crap, Holly stop it!!’

I let out an evil cackle styled laugh as i spun the box around before using up all my energy to push it back up the hill as Dan jumped off and stumbled off. A few fans who had recorded the commotion were giggling happily before asking Dan for pictures. I smiled at Casey and noticed Ed walking up behind her but let her have no warning what so ever. Ed reached Casey wrapping his arms around her waist kissing the side of her neck. I saw her face suddenly turn the colour of the red bus we were now living on. I saw Ed take her hand as the last of the fans wondered off home as I had placed the last box onto the van as Ed half dragged her in the direction of the van.

I flagged a piggyback ride off Dan to the bus as we all boarded. I sat down and waited for Gary to board. The next venue we were heading to was York we would start at the home lads home town do the gig in Scotland before heading back down the country with many other gigs. We would also be playing in mine and Casey’s home towns as well which would be good.

I handed Gary the trailer van keys before joining the rest of the group who were playing guitar hero at the back of the bus. On the way through the beds i grabbed the duvet off the bed that i had claimed as mine this afternoon and settled down with a can of lager. I sat myself beside Casey, i typed out into my phone ‘so you and ed then aye’ and allowed Casey to read it. She blushed slightly and Ed knew what i was getting at.

He pulled Casey into his side and she rested her head on his shoulder before he kissed her then continued to watch the Hetherton brothers battle it out on the game. I was happy for her and high fived both her and ed before congratulating them looked like those pair would be dating soon. Ed explained he wanted to take it chilled out and Casey agreed that getting to know Ed personally would be better off but still agreed to been close.

I smiled at her, happy to have a new crew member and practical best friend before I realized who Casey was. I suddenly sat up straight and looked at Casey placing a hand to my mouth.

‘You , I used to speak to you online, I’ve only just realized!’

Casey giggled as Ed looked out completely confused at my random outburst.

‘ That took less time than I thought for you to work out.’

I hugged Casey smiling at the fact i had finally met up with her after all this time of talking online as friends. No wonder i knew her so well and got on with her today . I then calmed back down Casey snuggling into the sofa more as i leant my head back and almost instantly drifted into a light sleep as the bus started off on it’s way to York.

I awoke a while later to see that the bus was in darkness. Looked like everyone had gone to bed. As i went to sit up I realized i was trapped and that someone had placed something on me. I started to panic and placed my hand where the weight was. It was then the weight moved and a body appeared next to me. They were under the duvet with me. I was temporarily blinded by a phone light in my face before it was pulled away to reveal Alex’s face looking at me.

‘What the hell, thought you were in bed?’

‘You fell asleep and as i sat down you rested against me so i decided to join you instead of waking you, you looked so adorable asleep.’

‘ermm... Ok .. Guess that’s normal for you Davies?’

‘hey I’m not that cruel all the time’

I smiled and then flicked the TV on now awake and grabbed another can out the mini fridge next tot eh TV before settling down to watch CSI allowing Alex to drift back off to sleep beside me, he did look exhausted and was a grump if he didn’t sleep well, I knew that well enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
A chapter that kind of moves the plot on more than anything the next chapter shall be more interesting.