Love's a Battlefield

Five

As the bus pulled into York town and beside the venue i sat up. Alex was stil asleep next to me but as i jumped the blanket came with me pulling the sleeping Alex who jumped awake looking around in alarm at the awakening. I smiled and muttered an apology at him before wondering down the bus freshening up before getting on with loading the gear into the venue.

Casey helped me out meaning Ed was left wondering like a lost puppy for a few hours before joining Alex in a conversation. As they sat watching me and Casey hard a work a beer in each of their hands Ali ran through the venue room yelling at the top of his voice before skidding to a halt. As we turned around to see what was up we could see Dan stood at the venue doors with a cheeky grin placed on his face as Gary appeared in another door to inform us all lunch was been served.

Most the group ran off to eat but i wasn’t to hungry in fact i felt like just going and sitting down for five and Casey who had been and bought food earlier with been a fussy eater wasn’t hungry either. Instead we headed to the dressing rooms where we had an hours lunch break now that set up was complete and so just sat talking. She told me what had Ed had said to hr last night and i smiled glad she was happy. I had known she had always found Ed the sweetest and most amusing and was glad it was working out.

In fact the girl was pretty damn happy about it. Conversation soon turned to me and Casey chat where by we discussed what we had been up to discussed other bands we knew of and many other various topics. As the lads emerged into the dressing room me and Casey were both sat in hysterics and something we spoke about and also as we looked over footage filmed so far. As Ed walked in he looked concerned and started instantly asking what we found so funny. Once we had calmed down we showed him the footage of Ali and he to started laughing as Casey had filmed his reaction perfectly well.

The show that night practically flew by and before long we were all piled back onto the bus heading for Glasgow. Teddy’s favourite place to play. Teddy who had now practically turned into a little kid was happily jumping about the bus cause we were on the way to Glasgow. If he was meant to be the sensible one of the group I would like to know the definition of sensible.

I decided to keep Gary company at the front of the bus for a while and so settled into a seat a bottle of beer in my hand. As i sat down Gary glanced at me before concentrating back on the road turning down the radio so that whatever was said was audible, the rest of the group were either sleeping or playing games, or in Ed and Casey’s case spending the time cuddled up to each other in a deep conversation.

‘What’s up?’ Gary had bought me back out of thoughts I had tranced into.

‘Nothing just don’t know what to do’

‘Your like a daughter to me Hol’s, I’m here for you, i know you like him you should go for it.’

‘You know I always back out these situations though, you’ve seen what I’m like.’

‘That’s true but look at Ed and Casey, they’ve known each other for what two days and already they are like magnets, I’ve seen how alex is with you he adores you as more than a friend’

‘prove it’

I smiled as Gary looked at me as he thought. I knew he couldn’t prove it and this ended that conversation. We instead started to talk about music ideas and the plans for the next few gigs. Gary explained to me that when we reached mine and Casey’s home towns he had organised for us to spend two days in each so that we could enjoy it for a little longer. The lads lived in York half the year they didn’t to hang around there. I thanked him for planning the dates around that and patted his balding head before heading off to join the rest of the group.

As i reached the lounge area of the bus after picking up another bottle of beer i settled down on the couch. Alex and Ali were battling each other on a game whilst Dan and teddy sat happily on their laptops Dan listening to his music aloud so we had background music. I pulled my phone from my pocket as it started to ring loudly and then wondered into the kitchen area.

My old friend Simon phoned me. We kept in contact on occasion him knowing i was busy with work nowadays and never in one place too long. I spoke a s he asked if i would be accompanying the minor boys during the tour. I explained i already was as he spoke telling me that he would be at the Wolves gig and that it would be nice to see me. I said I would say hi and catch up for a while before joining the group again. By now Alex had lost on whatever game he was playing, Ali completing a victory dance and wiggling his ass enthusiastically, and was sat on the sofa.

Alex patted the empty seat beside him and i settled down. He pulled a notepad up off the floor and opened it to a page covered by the scrawl of his handwriting. Alex explained he had lyrical ideas for a new song that he had jotted down and the two of us spent the rest of the journey making it so that the lyrics made sense and sounded really good.

As we pulled up we completed the lyrics and alex pulled me into a bear hug thanking me for the help.

‘You know your my best friend, beside Eddiekins of course.’

‘Aww cheer’s Lexi, your my best mate except Casey’

Alex smiled at me moving my fringe to show the bruise that had developed on my head from the door. He kissed his two fingers and gently placed them on the bruise before placing my fringe down again and then we followed everyone off the bus. Me and Casey instantly started work on setting up the venue ready for the night and started to push many boxes into the venue, with Dan and Ali deciding to gain a free lift on the larger boxes to the annoyance of me and Casey who had even more difficulty controlling them.