Flight Risk

Noise.

"I'm not growing up,
I'm just burning out,
And I stepped in line
to walk amongst the dead"


I sang along with Billie Joe's voice until my mother rushed in and unplugged my Ipod from it's dock and tossed it to me. "I said turn the noise off, Everly!" she warned, rolling her eyes and leaving my room.

I sighed and I pushed my dirty blonde hair from my face as I attempted to plug my Ipod, Frankie, to my computer so it would charge before the show tonight.

Tonight, after my mother left for work as a third shift CNA, I was planning on going down the Johnny's Bar & Grill to see some band perform. And I knew that my mother would never let me go, seeing as tomorrow I have to be up and out of bed by 8:15 and on the bus on my way to school.

"Mom! It's 9:47! You got to leave now!" I yelled into the small hallway of our duplex.

My flustered mother, Ginny, ran up to me and kissed my forehead, "If your brother calls tell him I'll talk to him tomorrow, okay? I'll see you in the morning," she called as she raced back down to the living area and out the door. I watched as her headlights pulled out of the driveway and disappeared down the street. I grinned and rushed back into my room so I could change.

Just as I was about half way done picking everything out the house phone started to ring and I groaned knowing who would be on the other end of the call. "What do you want now, Gabe?" I questioned as I answered.

Gabe, my 19 year old brother who just went away for college two weeks ago. He's the over-protective, bossy and slightly over bearing type who doesn't understand what 'leave me alone' means. "Can't I call and wish my baby sister a good first day of school?" he asked incredulously from the other side.

"No," I stated bluntly and walked into our too-small kitchen to heat up the left over chinese that Mom had ordered for lunch today.

I could practically hear Gabe's eyes rolling in his skull and I chuckled at his offended tone, "Okay, fine, I just wanted to know which place you're going to tonight so I can tell Mom where to find you in the morning."

This time it was my turn to scoff as I yanked the white container from the microwave, mumbling 'shit' when I burned my fingers on the hot plastic, "I'm not going any where tonight," I lied, stuffing the Sesame Chicken into my mouth and grabbing the 2 liter of rootbeer from the fridge and taking a swig.

"Like hell you aren't, Granger, don't try to play me, I know better than Mom," Gabe gloated from the other line.

I sighed, "I'll be home before morning, asshole. I do have school tomorrow, you know."

"Fine," Gabe growled and the phone beeped, signaling that it needed to be put back on the charger.

"Got to go, big bro, dumb phone is going to die! Bye!" I rushed out and hung up before he could finish his sentence on why I better not hang up the phone.

I skipped back to my room with my chinese and pulled on my clothes, taking a few bites here and there. When I finished with that I rimmed my eyes in eyeliner and checked my appearance in the mirror on the back of my door. I made a few faces at my self before I jammed my Ipod and my cell phone into my pockets and grabbed my house key.

The venue was only about 5 blocks from my house and I walked, content with being outside and being able to see the starts in this city. Something I had grown quite fond of in the last year that we've lived here. One thing I learned while living here was that this place was like no where else. And I actually enjoyed walking down the beaches this summer and laying around in the sand as the tide came up and tried to wash me into the big blue sea.

I knew I was close to my destination when the sidewalk started pounding and you could hear people screaming and chanting I grinned and hurried my pace so I wouldn't miss much of anything. I could see the groups of people outside and I turned towards them, pulling my too-good-to-be-fake ID from my back pocket but before I could even pull my hand from my ass I hit the cemented ground.

"Oh shit!" Someone murmured from above me and I pushed my aching head from the spot it had slammed against the sidewalk.

"Dude!" I yelled, wiping my jeans off, "Watch where the fuck you are going!"

"Wasn't my fault," A guys' voice replied and I looked up only to be met with shaggy black hair and brown eyes, and a cloth guitar case slung over his shoulder.

"Yeah and I'm Dolly Parton," I muttered sarcastically, rubbing the back of my head vigorously.

"Nice to meet you, Dolly, I'm Synyster Gates," The guy in front of me greeted with a cocky smirk on his face.

I rolled my annoyed blue eyes and shoved past him, just wanting to get inside and far away from him.

"Hey!" He called after me, "Don't I get a name?"

I turned to him but didn't stop walking, "No," I yelled and turned back to flash my fake ID at the bouncer in front of the door. He let me in but mumbled the name loud enough for the man behind me to hear.

This place was filled with people, some playing pool, some drinking, and some standing around trying to act older then they were. I ripped a flyer off the wall and looked at who was playing tonight.

Opening Act: SEED OF DECEPTION.
Headliner: AVENGED SEVENFOLD.


I nodded to myself and walked over the crowd in front of the stage, losing myself in 'Deception's' hard rock type music. After about three more songs from these three guys and one girl band, the owner of the bar announced Avenged Sevenfold, a local band that I've never heard of and five guys jumped up onto the small stage. I looked at each and was met with the same smirking brown eyes that knocked me down. I shook my head at him and his grin intensified.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: This is a rewrite of my old story. I edited the chapters that are posted already, and I'm rewriting the ones that aren't. So let me know what you think. (:

Also, check out the character page and stuff.