Flight Risk

Safe House.

"You are such a jerk, Gabriel!" I yelled as I slammed our front door shut behind me.

My brother just smirked and took a seat on the couch as my mother came rocketing from her bedroom.

"I hate you, Gabe! What the hell is wrong with you?" I questioned, ignoring my mother, "I mean seriously! There is something disconnected in your brain!" I raced past my upset mother and slammed my bedroom door shut before I flicked the lock and threw my bag against the wall by the window.

"Everly, honey," my mother murmured through the door, "Don't be mad. This is all for your benefit."

I scoffed, "Are you fucking nuts? Taking me away from my friends by way of cops is going to benefit me? How Mother? Care to enlighten me?"

"Everly, I will not talk to you through a door. Open up," she demanded and I rolled my eyes again before I pushed my Ipod into the speakers and yelled for my mother to go to hell and take Gabe with her.

My ipod blared from the speakers and I threw myself face down into my pillows as Ronnie Radke's voice sounded in my ears. I couldn't believe my family, how my brother acted. I know that I didn't come home when she told me to but yet to call the cops because of who I was hanging around with was insane. And that Gabe had driven back from college and skipped two days was something that was always looked down upon but because the bad child took off it's okay for the good child to skip a few days to call the cops on the other sibling.

Gabe had always been the 'good child'. Even as a young kid he excelled at everything and two years later, when I became that age, everyone expected me to do the same. It wasn't until Gabe and I hit both high school four years ago that I realized that if I didn't do something I would always walk in my brother's shadow. So I got a few piercings and detached myself from the brother that was always looking down at me over his shoulder.

From then on I was either seen as one of two people. The softball player from before or that girl who barked back when others got in her face even though I had been like that my entire life.

And yet, my mother didn't seem to notice a single thing that I did as I stood beside my brother. And I tried to hide from his shadow as he walked into bigger and better things. Every night I would sneak out my window so my older brother wouldn't realize I left and I would walk calmly down to a venue so I could relax and listen to the only thing that could make me feel better; Music.

I laid around my room with my speakers all the way up for another hour, clenching and unclenching my jaw as my brother knocked on my door every few minutes and told me to stop acting like a little kid.

"Shut the hell up!" I yelled finally and whipped my door open to come face to face with Gabriel, "I hate you," I growled and shoved him, "You ruin everything! You think that you are something special and that you are better than everyone! Better than people with outrageous goals and ambitious dreams! You think you are better than me, Gabe! Your own sister. But just so you know, you aren't better than me, so get in your car and drive back to L.A! I don't want you here, got it?"

I tried to slam the door but he caught it before it could shut, "No. You listen to me, Everly," he growled and pushed my door so that it slammed against the wall behind it, "Those guys that you are hanging out with are no fucking good! I went to school with them. The tall one, Jimmy, got kicked out! Kicked out, Everly. They got in so much trouble when they were in school and I can only imagine what they are doing with their lives now." He walked further into my room and folded his arms.

I glared at the 19 year old in front of me, "You act like you know something about them, Gabriel. You don't."

He chuckled with out humor and rolled his blue eyes, "I know more then you do. I know a lot about those types of people."

"What types of people, Gabe? People like me? Because I know more about myself then you ever could. You just don't want your little sister being seen as one of those."

Gabe looked at me offended and dropped his arms to his side, "You know that isn't true!"

"Yeah it is," I muttered, "You know that's exactly it."

Gabe growled loud enough so that I could hear it and strutted from the room, slamming the door after him. I shook off my anger and grinned to myself, knowing that he wouldn't bother me for the rest of the night. I re-locked the door and turned my Ipod back on softly so they wouldn't suspect anything. I stuffed my phone into my back pocket before I opened my window. It was barely a three foot drop and I hit the ground running. I ducked under the living room window and ran in the direction of Zacky's house.

I sent Zacky a text telling him I was on my way and it was returned by him asking where I was so he could come pick me up.

To: Zacky Vengeance
'Nah, don't worry about it. I can walk.

I ignored his protest and walked the four blocks to Zacky's house. It took me a bit but by the time I stood outside Zacky's house I was tired out and ready to just relax with the older man. "Zacky!" I called as I banged on his front door. It flew open and Zacky stood on the other side with a grin before he pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"I've missed you too!" I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Zacky caught me off guard when he pressed his snakebitten lips to my own. His tongue ran across my bottom lip and I eagerly granted him access. I moaned into the kiss as his tongue explored my mouth and he used his foot to push the door closed.

Zacky backed me into the couch and I laid onto it as my knees buckled against the arm of the couch. Zacky pulled away from me and laughed as he landed on top of me. I smiled slightly as he looked down at me.

I leaned up and pressed my lips against his in a short, sweet kiss. I laid on the couch with him on top of me for another minute before Zacky broke the silence. "You know, you being taken away by the cops was sexy as hell."

I burst into laughter as he pulled himself off of me.

We ended up in his bed room watching movies and stealing kisses the rest of the night. I laid on Zacky's chest as he ran his fingers over my stomach, a small smile on his face as he watched the movie on his t.v.

"Zacky?" I called, and he looked down at me.

"Yeah?" He answered in a gruff voice.

I kissed his jaw, "Thanks."

Zacky grinned at me. "No problem, Granger," he murmured and kissed my lips, fiercely.