Flight Risk

The 'Almost' Fight.

Zacky and I didn't do much for the rest of the night. We watched cable t.v and eventually he made me a midnight snack in his boxers as I sat at the table and watched. He and I both knew that I couldn't stay the night again because my older brother would go crazy and call the cops on us. So we reveled in our time together before he took me home around four in the morning and I snuck back into my window after making out with him in front of our neighbors house. I made sure it was the neighbors that didn't care for my mother so that they wouldn't go over and tell her that they seen her 17 year old daughter getting out of some guy's car late at night.

And even though Zacky and I had just been together we continued to text until I passed out with my stereo playing Panic! At The Disco loudly through out my entire duplex. It wasn't until morning that I strolled out of my room and even then I continued to ignore my jackass of a brother and door mat of a mother as the sat in the kitchen, pancakes in front of them. My Mom offered me some and I just glared back before rushing out of the house and down the block to catch my bus.

School was school, boring yet necessary. By the time lunch rolled around I was skipping down the hall way with my phone in my hands, a text from Zacky displayed on the screen as I ran into the cafeteria to locate my best friend.

"Micki!" I called as she perched herself on our table instead of on a chair.

"What?" She yelled back, receiving glares from other students.

I was only a couple of tables away when I slowed down and answered her, "I'm leaving campus for lunch today!"

Micki looked at me confused and I thrust my phone in her face as I rushed to her.

"Ahh, so the boyfriend is picking you up." She smirked and I glared automatically.

"He is not my boyfriend," I denied, punching her arm.

Micki rolled her eyes at me and handed my phone back. "You wish he was," she stated and I shoved her.

I took a seat in one of the chairs, texting an 'okay' back at Zacky's demand that I let him take me out for lunch today. I talked with Micki about things for a few minutes and when I looked down to my buzzing phone I grinned widely and Micki told me to go with a wave of her hand.

I stood up and waved goodbye to Micki, but before I knew it I was running into someone as she screeched.

I heard Micki snort in laughter behind me and I peered down at the girls face, I bit my lip to hold in my laughter as well.

"Whoops," I chuckled, biting my lip, "Sorry Naomi."

Naomi screeched and got to her feet, catching the attention of others around us, "You are not sorry!" she yelled, and I folded my arms over my chest, a stubborn look on my face. "You did that on purpose!"

I rolled my blue eyes as Naomi's friends, Abigail and Hayley walked up to stand near her. "Oh yeah, because my goal in life is to knock you down and make you spill your lunch," I said in a sarcastic tone and attempted to shove past her.

"Hey, bitch! I'm talking to you!" Naomi screamed and I stopped walking and turned to face the irate girl. Micki walked past them to stand near me.

"What do you want?" I questioned in a bored tone, "I didn't knock you over on purpose. I could care less what happens to you, nowadays." I crossed my arms and glanced at Micki, who rolled her eyes in reply.

Naomi grunted and folded her arms. "You are just made because I didn't want to hang out with you. You can't understand why no one likes you! You're pathetic and I'm so glad that I'm not your friend anymore!" she ranted and I rolled my blue eyes once again as her 'friends' nodded behind her.

"Yeah," I said, "You aren't my friend anymore. So what. I don't care. You became a spastic bitch, Naomi, and I can't believe I wasted last year on you." I shrugged and began to walk away once again after receiving a nod from Micki.

"I'm not done with you!" Naomi stated and I ignored her, "Lets take this outside!"

I just kept walking towards the front doors of the school as Naomi and her clan followed behind me, expecting me to fight her. Some other kids followed as well, knowing that Naomi would try to swing at me. I looked over my shoulder and Micki was walking towards me with a big group of kids behind her, whispering things about me and a fight. I pushed the front doors open as Abigail, Naomi and Hayley growled at me.

I grinned at the green eyed man leaning against the railing at the bottom of the stairs. He first smiled at me and then looked behind me at my followers. I skipped down the stairs and he took me in his arms, wrapping them around me as I wrapped my own tattooed arms around his waist.

"What's with that," he asked into my ear and nodded his head towards the whispering crowd and Naomi and Abigail's glares as Zacky kissed my cheek.

I shrugged and let go of him, "They want me to fight Naomi," I said simply.

Zacky frowned and we looked to the circle of girls as they each gave a pep-talk to a riled up Naomi.

"Are you going to fight someone?" he asked, looking back to my face.

I studied Zacky's expression as I thought about my answer, but eventually I shrugged. "I've got better things to be doing. I reached up and ran my thumb over his cheek.

Zacky's smile turned into a smirk and he said, "Yeah, like me."

I heard the crowd laugh at his words and I shoved him playfully, "No, baby. Not today. I'm so worn out." I groaned as the crowd gasped and the three musketeers' scowls grew bigger.

"But, Granger," Zacky licked his lips and pulled me to him by the belt loops of my jeans, "I need you," he groaned, playing along, jutting out his bottom lip in one of the most seductive ways I'd ever seen.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his hair by tangling it through my fingers. It felt like silk against my skin and I smirked as his calloused fingers slipped into my shirt and drew designs against my lower back.

Zacky leaned down and pressed his lips against my quickly before he playfully pushed me away. I whacked him and walked over the the angry and jealous girls standing about seven or so feet from Zacky.

"What do you want now, Naomi?," I asked, "I'm not fighting you. As you can see, I have other things to do," I pointed over my shoulder to where Zacky stood, smirking as he lent against the railing again, his arms crossed.

"Slut," Naomi growled and my jaw dropped.

"What did you just call me?" I asked loudly, crossing my arms and clenching my hands against my sides as Micki appeared from the crowd of high school students.

"I called you a 'slut'," Naomi grinned and I let my arms fall to my sides with my hands still clenched into fist.

I laughed darkly and stepped towards the dark haired girl, "I suggest you leave, before I hit you, Naomi," I warned and she didn't move but Abigail took a slight step back and my eyes darted to her, "And you," I growled, "You should leave before you can't play softball anymore. We never have any problems during practice but you don't want to get mixed in with Naomi, here, she's a bad influence."

Abigail's tough demeanor faltered slightly and she smiled at me, showing the polite, power-driven, left-handed pitcher that I've been playing with for two years. She disappeared into the crowd and Naomi glared at where she went.

"Stop that!" Naomi shouted, "You're just jealous because your own brother liked me more than you!"

"That's it!" I concluded and raised my fist. I aimed it at her face but before I could hit her an arm wrapped around my waist and another took ahold of my wrist. Zacky's warm breath hit my neck as he spoke.

"Baby, don't," he murmured, "Lets just get out of here. You already told me that if you get in trouble again they will take you off of the team. So lets go get some lunch."

I relaxed into the slightly older man and nodded, Micki visibly relaxed and nodded at me once again. "I'll see you later, Granger," she called, turning around and heading back into the school before a teacher could come out and bust everyone for encouraging a fight. The kids that had stuck around to see me fight Naomi walked away with disappointed looks on their faces as Zacky took my hand and started to lead me away.

"What, so you aren't going to hit me now, Granger! Are you too afraid that Gabriel will yell at you again? That he'll take my side instead of yours?" Naomi challenged as she ushered away Hayley as she tried to drag her from the scene.

"No!" I called back, "Because Gabe has been in town two days already and he hasn't even called you!" I peaked back at her crestfallen face and Zacky led my to his car.

"What was that all about?" Zacky questioned while he drove to the closest place that cooks and sells food.

I grimaced as I thought back to what happened in the beginning of the summer. "Naomi and I used to be close friends, I guess. But after school let out she stopped coming around when Gabe wasn't home, more and more. And one day I flat out asked her if she had a thing for my older brother and she said 'yes'.

"I thought it was completely disgusting but I eventually got over it after I told Gabriel to stay away from my friends. That was until I came home from dropping Micki at the airport so she could catch her plane to Italy, and Naomi was leaving my house. She had told Micks and I that she couldn't be there to say goodbye because her grandparents came into town and wanted to hang out with her and her younger sisters. I remember that I asked what she was doing here and she said, 'I just fucked your brother,' as walked past me with a smirk on her face," I shrugged and leaned into Zacky's leather seats.

Zacky looked over to me a bit confused, "Why would she just walk off like that?" he questioned and I rolled my eyes at the answer to that question.

"Hayley Van Buren. Cheerleader, had bet the entire cheer team that not one of them could get into Gabe's pants. Well, Naomi was the only smart enough to use his little sister to get to the hot-shot baseball player."

Zacky's jaw dropped and I smiled at how cute he looked. He pulled the car into a parking spot outside a local burger joint. Once inside we ordered our food from the counter and took a seat at one of the booths to continue our conversation.

"I'm sorry, Granger. That must of sucked for you," he murmured sincerely and I smiled at him again.

"Yeah, it wasn't cool, you know. But the worst part was that Gabe knew about the bet and he didn't care that she used me to get to him. I'd always thought that big brothers were supposed to look out for their younger sisters. That's why it bothers me now when he 'calls to check up' or acts like you and the guys are the worst thing for me when really he's the one that makes me insane."

Zacky nodded and grinned as our ordered was called, he murmured one last thing before he got up to get our burgers, "What a douche."

The rest of the 30 minutes I had for lunch was entertaining as Zacky and I ate. And once we were done, Zacky paid for everything, even though I told him not to. The car ride back to school was dreaded and I groaned as he stopped in front of the old building and told me to 'get out', playfully of course. I left the car with three minutes to spare, thanks to Zacky's lips distracting me.

As I walked into the building my phone vibrated and I grinned at Zacky's text as the warning bell rang and kids hustled along.

From: Zacky Vengeance
'See you after practice, beautiful'