Flight Risk

Soaked.

Saturday rolled around quickly and my brother still hadn't left. I clambered out of bed around noon on Saturday and shuffled out to our kitchen where my brother was sitting at the breakfast bar where he was scarfing down a bowl of cereal.

"Morning," he muttered between spoonfuls and I rolled my eyes and grabbed my own bowl out of the cupboard.

I sat down a seat away from him and grabbed the box of 'Reeses' from in front of him. I ate my breakfast in silence as he jabbered away, pretending that what he did never happened. Once I finished, I tossed my bowl in the sink and left the kitchen with Gabe still sitting there. My mother came walking out of the bathroom, across from my room, as I walked in.

"I see you rolled out of bed," she joked, combing a brush through her short blonde hair.

I nodded and shut my bedroom door so I could grab something nice to wear before I hopped into the shower. I peaked around the corner at Mom and Gabe as they moved to sit on the couch, watching something on the TV. I walked into the bathroom and stripped out of my clothing. I washed my hair and my body and jumped out as quickly as I could.

I stuffed myself into a pair of black capri jeans and a black 'wife-beater', that I had taken from Zacky one night. It was one of the warmer days of August, around 80 degrees or so. I grabbed my cell phone before I trotted out to the living room and stopped as my mother asked 'where I think I was going'.

"I'm going to Micki's, alright? I'll be back later," I murmured and pulled the front door open. I looked to Gabe as he took ahold of the wooden door.

"You know lying to your parents is a sin," he stated and I rolled my eyes at him, again.

"So is fooling around," I retorted, "But what do you or I care about sins? I'm not religious," I shrugged and anger played on my older brother's face.

"We've always been religious, Everly, that's what Dad tried to teach us! But you never listen," he growled and I tensed at the mention of our father.

"Gabriel, you dad walked out on us for another family on the other side of the country."

My brother seemed to forget that his father, my step father didn't care about us anymore and that he ran off with some tramp to raise his illegitimate child, Aiden the Third, named after himself and his father.

Gabriel pretended that his father was the light of his life even though he ran off four years ago and sends Gabriel a birthday card every two years with the wrong age written on it.

"But he was there every other time as well, Everly!" he continued, "And you just don't respect him and what he tried to instill in us! He looked at you like a daughter," Gabe growled and shut the door just for me to pull it back open again and glare at him.

"He wasn't my Dad, Gabriel," I said, "I don't know who my dad is."

Gabe got quiet and I shook my head at the 18 year old. I walked over to the coffee table and grabbed the keys to his car. I held them in front of his face, "I'm going to borrow your car, alright?"

I walked out the open door before he could give his consent or decline my request. I hopped into the little blue Prius and drove out of the driveway, leaving Gabe and my mother in the dust.

The ride to Zacky's was short and I grinned at the cars surrounding his house. I slammed the door shut and raced up to bang on the door. It flew opened and Jimmy screamed and pulled me into a bear hug.

"Jimmy!" I laughed as he spun me around, his arms wrapped around my waist as I screeched for him to put me down. When he finally did I greeted the everyone as they sat around Zacky's living room.
Michelle and Val were sitting in Brian and Matt's laps and when I waved to them the twins jumped up and each pulled me into a hug.

"Hey guys," I grinned and wrapped my arms around them both. My smile intensified as Zacky came walking out of the bedroom in just his jeans while he pulled a t'shirt over his head. He grinned at me as well.

Brian, Matt and Johnny waved at me while calling their hello's from their spots, littered around the small living room. Zacky walked up to me and took me in his arms when the twins let go. "Did you walk here?" he questioned, "I would've come and got you." He pulled away and looked down into my eyes.

"Nah," I laughed and fished the car keys out of my pocket, "I took Gabe's car!"

Everyone's jaw dropped while Brian and Johnny rushed to the window and pointed, "You really did," Brian laughed and I nodded with a sly smirk on my face.

"Who wants to go for a ride?" I jingled the keys as the girls nodded, peaking out the window at the cute little car sitting next to Zacky's in the driveway.

"How about we'll go to the beach?" Val asked, "Before it cools down too much for the winter?"

Everyone agreed and I groaned, "I don't have a bathing suit..."

I saw Zacky smirk from beside me as all the guys hopped up again and I shot him a look before he could say something perverted.

"Well, why don't you, 'Chelle and I run to your house and grab one, then we can go back to ours?"

I nodded. "You two could even borrow one of mine if you can fit your skinny asses into 'em," I offered.

The twins laughed and nodded as well, "Sure, lets get out of here," Michelle said and they each kissed their respective others.

Zacky placed a kiss to my cheek and murmured, "See you in a bit."

The girls and I walked out the door and 'Chelle gushed at the 'cute little baby blue car'. On the ride to my house we sang along to Black Veil Brides and flew down the road as fast as we could with out breaking the speed limit. The tires squealed as I pulled into my driveway and the three of us hopped out.

"Ignore my brother," I demanded and they both nodded as I pushed the front door open and stuffed the car keys deep down into my back pocket before Gabe could rip them from my grasp.

"This is my house," I murmured as they followed me to my bed room, "And this is my dungeon."

"Nice," Michelle nodded with a smile and I pointed to the dresser.

"Bathing suits are the third drawer, take your pick. I'll take whatever you two don't want."

The twins shuffled through my swim suits and I rolled my eyes and Gabe walked past my open door then turned around and walked back in, his eyes raised at the twins standing there.

"Don't even dare," I warned and the twins looked up in surprise.

"I'm not doing anything," he stated, his arms raised in surrender. And I growled as he stepped further into my room, looking at the twins as they ignored him.

"So, what are your names?" He asked them and they looked to me, I nodded slightly.

"None of your business, now get out, jerk," I growled and shoved him. He ignored me and licked over his lips, glancing back at the identical twins with a hint of fascination.

He turned to me with a smirk on his face. "You never told you were hanging out with beautiful twins. I thought you were just hanging out with that band of losers?" he stated, chuckling.

Valary scoffed, while Michelle's jaw dropped slightly.

"Yeah," Val spat, turning around to glare at him with her arms crossed, "I'm the singers girlfriend."

"I'm the guitarist's girl," Michelle added on and I smirked at my older brother.

He raised his eyebrows at them and I folded my arms over my chest. "What are you two doing with those assholes?" Gabriel asked and I growled, pointing towards the door.

"Get the fuck out," I pushed him into the hallway and slammed the door. Val leaned over and flicked the lock as her sister burst out laughing.

"Now I know why you said to ignore him," Michelle murmured, holding a bathing suit to her chest.

"Yeah, he thinks he's the shit," I shrugged and Valary tossed me my black bikini.

"That would look amazing on you," I grinned and thanked her while Michelle agreed.

I walked to the bathroom to pull the suit on underneath my clothes and grinned at myself while I pulled Zacky's black shirt back over my head, his mixture of cologne and cigarettes filling my senses. I walked back in my room and the girls had already gotten changed, "Ready to go?" I questioned and they nodded.

This time we really ignored my brother as he peered over the back of the couch. All except Valary as she flipped him off. The ride to the beach was a bit longer seeing as it was down on Pacific Coast Highway, near Brian's house.

When I parked the car, I grinned at the guys as they walked around on the pier. I looked to Zacky with wide, worried eyes, as he pushed Johnny off into the water. He was wearing black and red board shorts and his snakebites glinted in the sunlight as he laughed at the shorter man when he pulled his sopping wet form from the water below.

The girls and I crept up to them on the pier. Everyone seemed to notice but Zacky and I put my finger to my lips. I walked up behind Zacky as he stood on the edge, looking at the sun and the water. A board creaked when I got right behind him and I cursed under my breath as he started to turn around.

I pushed against his chest and he shouted out a curse as his feet slipped from the wood. His arms wrapped around me as he fell off of the pier and about ten feet down. I screamed as he pulled me with him off of the wooden structure.

I sputtered as I appeared from the water. I glared at everyone as they laughed above us and swam to where the water met the sand. Zacky followed behind me, swiping his dark, wet hair from his eyes as he smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image