Flight Risk

Take Me Away.

Everyone sat around on the pier, our feet hanging over the edge as we talked about the band for awhile. I sat in between Zacky's legs as we all sat in a row, grinning at the sun in front of us. Zacky's arms were wrapped around my waist as I leaned against his chest and I listened to the guys talk about their music with so much passion.

Zacky grinned at me as he pulled me to my feet and we followed everyone to where the waves crashed against the sand. Zacky took my hand as we walked along the beach with everyone else and I screeched in laughter, shielding myself in Zacky's chest as Jimmy splashed as many people as he could from where he stood in the shallow water.

I stood in my black bikini top and my damp jeans as we plopped down into a spot in the sand while Matt, Val, Michelle, and Brian ran off to the water to enjoy the late afternoon sun.

"Having fun?" a voice asked from the left of me and I grinned at the green eyed man.

"Yeah," I nodded with a smile, "I'm having a lot of fun."

Zacky dipped his head, sheepishly and murmured, "I'm glad."

I got to my feet and pulled my jeans off. I stuck my hand out for Zacky to grab. He sent me a questioning look and I nodded to the water. He grinned and took my hand. I pulled him to his feet and we ran to the water.

I bursted out laughing as I ran away from the adorable man next to me. I gasped when I ran waist deep into the chilling water, Zacky following behind me, a playful growl emitting from his chest.

The cold water didn't phase Zacky as he ran up to me and pulled me into his arms. I laughed as we went sailing into the water, Zacky's bare chest warm in contrast. I opened my eyes in the salty water and grimaced as my blue eyes adjusted. Zacky was staring right back at me as he wrapped his tattooed arms around me and brought me closer to him.

My lips met his chest and he pulled my chin up to him. His snakebitten lips met my own as I closed my eyes, blocking them from the salty water as we resurfaced, our lips still attached. The kiss got more heated and I heard the guys howl from behind Zacky while the girls cooed. I opened my eyes for a split moment as Zacky's tongue ran across my bottom lip. I chuckled as he flipped the guys off, not breaking the kiss, I granted him access.

We stayed like that for awhile, standing in the waist deep water. When we finally pulled away Zacky rested his forehead on mine and looked into my shining eyes. I rested my hands on his hips as his cupped my cheeks. He placed one last kiss my lips and pulled away completely as the guys yelled for us to knock it off.

Zacky and I swam around for a while longer as the sun began to change colors in the sky. Everyone joined us eventually and we played games like 'chicken' and 'dare'.

The twins and I laid in the sand as well as the guys fooled around, dunking each other under and shoving one another farther into the strong, salty, waves.

"So," Val said, trailing off, "You and Zacky?"

Michelle sat up on her elbows and grinned at me, shaking her head rapidly.

"If I told you nothing was going on between us, would you believe me?" I questioned and they both snorted in laughter.

"No." Michelle stated and I smirked, tucking my hair behind my pierced ear.

"Well?" Val prodded, impatiently.

I smiled timidly. "What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Is he a good kisser?" Michelle blurted and her twin sent her a blank look.

"What?" Michelle defended, "I want to know..."

I laughed as Valary rolled her identical eyes at her sister. "Yeah. If Zacky wasn't an amazing kisser do you really think I would've made out with him?"

"Yes," they stated together and I scoffed.

"Yeah right," I muttered, "His snakebites clashing against mine really spice things up." I smirked as they both shuttered and Val murmured something about 'too much info.' under her breath.

Just then, the guys came rushing up to us and threw themselves into the sand around us. Zacky sat next to me quietly and placed his head in my lap. I grinned down at him and played with his silky hair.

"Granger!" Jimmy shouted and I looked up to see everyone looking at me.

"What?" I questioned bluntly, running my fingers through the tangles in Zacky's hair.

"I said, do you want to crash at Matt's place with the rest of us?" Jimmy questioned.

"Or will your brother call the cops on you again?" Matt added and I glared at his humor.

"Funny," I muttered, "But I'd love too. I just have to tell my mom that I'm staying at Micki's again like I have been when I stay at Z-," I shut my mouth at everyone's jaws dropped. I peaked down at Zacky, who had brought his hand up to cover his face.

"You've stayed at Zacky's!" Michelle yelled and I cringed.

"Three times actually," I muttered, shutting my eyes as the girls screeched in happiness.

"Nice!" Brian high-fived Zacky and I shot them both a glare. Zacky just shrugged and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Like I was saying," I continued, "I'd just have to get Micki to tell my mom that I'm staying at hers. Although, I doubt Gabe will believe that. It's easier to fool my mom then it is my brother. In Mom's eyes my best friend can do no wrong, but Gabe knows better," I shrugged and everyone nodded.

"I don't like your brother," Michelle said, "He's a creep."

Both Val and I shot her a look and Matt and Brian sent us suspicious looks.

"When have you met him?" Brian questioned and I sent Michelle a warning glare that she didn't quite catch onto.

"Today, he was there when we went to get bathing suits. Said something about 'hot twins'." She shrugged it off. I noticed Matt and Brian were fuming over this new news and I looked at Zacky as he sat up.

"Guys," I mediated, "He was just kidding. Even you two have to admit, the girls are hot."

Matt and Brian shared a look and then the girls diverted their anger away, keeping us all in the clear from the two of them beating up my brother, even though he probably would deserve it.

We sat in the sand until the sun had set. It was then that we decided that we would head to Matt's.

"Wait!" I called as everyone began to walk away, "I forgot my shirt on the pier." I pointed to the wooden boardwalk and then nodded as I turned to go retrieve the black wife-beater.

A hand snaked into mine as I walked towards the dock and I smiled at Zacky. "I figured I would come with you, seeing as it is my shirt anyways," Zacky chuckled and I blushed slightly.

"I didn't think you'd notice," I shrugged as my bare feet came in contact with the wood.

"You can keep it," He murmured quietly as I picked it up and reached to pull it back over my head, my back facing him.

I looked at Zacky and he was staring at my hip, which was now covered by his shirt.

"When did you get that?" He asked, pulling the shirt up slightly so he could see the broken, open cage tattoo on my right hip. I pulled the other side of the back shirt up over my left hip and showed him the dove flying in the opposite direction of the cage.

"Last summer," I murmured and he nodded, running his calloused fingers over it.

"Why?" He whispered and I smiled slightly.

"Because I've always felt trapped. We move all the time and I've never had a change to break free and be myself. I don't get to choose my own path. I've wanted to fly away since I was nine and this was my way of promising myself I'd get away from everything. I'm tired of things, people, holding me back."

I shrugged and Zacky pulled me into a hug, his arms draped across my shoulders.

"Granger?" he murmured, quietly and I looked up into his shining eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked, laboring my breathing.

"If I tell you I can take you away from it all would you be my girlfriend?" he questioned, biting his bottom lip and smiling at the same time. The look something between a nervous smile and a sexy smirk.

My breath caught in my throat as those words left his snakebitten lips and I gulped, resting my hands on his hips. "You promise?" I whispered and he nodded, serious.

"I'll try and give you everything," he whispered, ducking his head so he could directly meet my gaze.

I nodded slowly, a large smile growing on my lips. "Yes Zacky. I'll be your girlfriend."

Zacky leaned down and captured my lips with his own and my hands went to the back of his neck as I molded myself against him. We stayed like that for only moments before I heard Johnny and Jimmy screaming for us to hurry the hell up.

I chuckled and grinned at Zacky as we walked back to the cars, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) And the story begins!
Image