Flight Risk

Sadist.

"Hey Johnny," I greeted as I took a seat next to the short man during our lunch period.

He grinned at me and said, "Hello." My eyes dashed to the new mohawk on his head and I pointed to it with a smirk as his own smile grew wider. "Do you like it? I thought it was kickass!" He exclaimed and I laughed loudly at the excited almost-17 year old boy.

"It's amazing, Johnny-boy. It suits you," I took a bit of my own pizza and scanned the lunch room for my best friend.

Micki came through the doors minutes later and skipped the line immediately. She bound over to us and sat across from Johnny and I, staring intently at the two of us and we shared confused looks.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She scowled and my eyebrows raised.

I looked to Johnny again and he just shrugged, taking another bite of the greasy pepperoni pizza.

"Tell you what?" I asked slowly, meeting her scrutinizing gaze.

"That Zacky fucking Baker asked you out!" she exclaimed.

Micki's yelling had caught the attention of a lot of people in our lunch room and the ones who even cared kept watching as I let my head drop to the hard, plastic covered, lunch table.

I sighed and my face flew out from in front of my eyes. Micki gave me a look that nicely demanded for me to explain.

"I was going to tell you," I started, only to be cut off my Micki's quick response.

"When?"

I groaned and swiped my hair from my face, "When I remembered?" I groaned as Johnny set me a confused look, as well as my best friend.

"I mean!" I started over again, "When..."

Micki sighed and put her hand on my shoulder, "I get it. We're cool,"

I grinned at the girl and she nodded.

"Hey!" A voice called from behind Johnny and I. I turned around and came face to face with Mitchell Everheart and Naomi.

"Yeah?" My voice was flat and slightly annoyed when I replied. Mitchell was the shortstop for the boys baseball team, and somehow, even though he hung around cocky and arrogant kids like Jason Greene and Isaac Measan, Pitcher and First baseman for the guys team, he was still quiet and reserved while he was off of the field, away from the short-stop dirt.

Mitchell seemed at a loss for words momentarily before Naomi hissed and nudged him in the side. He nodded at her and I shot a look to my friends, silently asking them if either of the two had any idea was the skank was up to now. Micki shook her head slightly and Johnny shrugged again, placing his arm over my shoulder in a protective way. I smiled gratefully at the younger boy.

"What do you need Mitch?" I asked, my tone soft. I knew that Mitchell really was a sweetheart. He was the kid that got a lot of the fame but didn't really care if no one noticed him or not. He just loved playing the game, and I respected him for it. Mitchell was shy, but the fierceness came out in him when he set foot onto the field. "Just say what you have to say. I won't hold it against you, We both know that Naomi is a conniving bitch."

Mitchell's only weakness when it came to being a good guy was his crush on Naomi. Micki had told me that he's liked her since they were both just infants and I realized that it was only a slight exaggeration.

What ever Naomi was up to she was using Mitch to get what she wanted. Mitchell just radiated nervousness so I stood up and pulled the built senior into a hug. I heard Micki chuckle as a few people gasped. It was like I could never be nice to anyone in the student's eyes because I'm 'different' and 'tough'. I rolled my blue eyes and pulled away from the grateful boy.

I turned to Naomi and scowled at her. She flipped her hair over her shoulders, not making eye contact. "You know, using people is a shitty thing to do," I murmured, angrily and she scoffed.

"Yeah, like your brother used me!"

My eyes grew hard at her words and I glared at the brunette girl standing just feet in front of me.

"You know that he didn't use you!" I shouted at her and Micki stood up quickly, catching onto where this was going to go.

"Yes he did," Naomi insisted, "he used me and never called me back."

I growled under my breath, "Somehow, all my problems come back to my brother. So maybe I should beat his ass instead of hers," I said to myself, just loud enough for her to hear.

Micki and Johnny snickered behind me and I smirked at Naomi's distraught face. "You can go now, Mitch," I grinned at him, "I'm just going to kick her ass. I don't want you getting thrown off of the baseball team because you got swept up in the middle."

Mitch nodded and waved before he walked away, "You two can leave as well," I said and I knew that Micki and Johnny knew that I was talking to them as well.

"Hell no!" They both exclaimed at the same time, with a high five afterwards.

"Yes," I warned, "Johnny, you'll get suspended again and I doubt your mom will like that. And Micki, you'll get thrown off the team."

"So," Johnny stated.

"And?" Micki asked, blowing on her nails and pretending to polish them on her shoulder, "We were thrown off of the team three times last year. They always let us back on!"

I sighed and nodded, "Fine, it's your choice, guys."

With those last words I swung my fist at Naomi's face and she cried out in pain as her nose made a sickening crunch. She sat on the floor, blood rushing from her nose as I smirked.

"I bet you are glad now that your parents couldn't afford that nose job you wanted. But I guess they'll have to find a way now." I backed up as a whole bunch of teachers rushed over to where we stood, pushing past the students that wanted to get a closer look.

A male teacher, grabbed both of my arms and dragged me away. Asking me why I hit her.

"I don't know," I murmured, keeping my reasons to myself, "But I just wish I never made that promise to myself that I wouldn't hit people when their down. It's coming around to bite me in the ass." I chuckled darkly as he, Mr. Chad Brooks, pushed me down into a chair in the office.

The nurse came running past with another student. They were helping Naomi past me and to the nurses office. I growled with a smirk on my face and Naomi slunk back slightly when she saw me sitting there, leaning back against the wall, my arms folded over my chest.

"That's what you get for saying shit about my dumbass family," I grumbled to myself. The receptionist paid me no mind as I began singing to myself:

"When you see them coming in form.
And they say they do what's best for you.
Fighting for one total control.
They are planned and organized for you.
Breaking their hold. Breaking their hold of control-
"

My principle came out of the nurses office and motioned unhappily for me to walk to her office. She followed behind me. I took a seat in one of the chairs that sat in front over her desk and she perched herself against the desk, in front of me.

"Ms. Granger," she stated my name, "You've broken Naomi's nose."

The words sunk into my brain and all I could do was smirk. With a muffled laugh I realized that enjoying other people's pain was part of being a sadist.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter goes out to BethanyVengeance;;! I love your profile by the way! Not only is Billie Joe's voice sexy but so is he! (And that's a little disturbing seeing as he's just two years younger then my mom; old.)