Flight Risk

Liars, Jokesters and Defiers.

"... So, I'm sorry but we're going to have to suspend you for the time being," My principle finished and I sighed, knowing that this was the part where she called my mother and angrily she would storm into the room, demanding to know what's wrong with me.

"Everly May!" My mother shouter as she entered the office, smiling politely at Mrs. Klein.

I rolled my eyes at my mothers glare and relaxed more into the chair that I had been sitting on for the last half an hour. My mother took a seat next to me.

Mrs. Klein relayed everything that happened back to my mother and I smirked when she mentioned that she couldn't figure out what happened from either of the girls involved and no one surrounding the fight knew or would say a word about it. I silently thanked Micki for the threats that she unquestionably directed to everyone that had heard our conversation.

"Well," My principle concluded, "I guess that's it. I guess we'll see you next monday, Ms. Granger."

I hopped up and waved my arm at the lady in charge to let her know that I heard her. My mother scowled as she followed me out of the building, only to stop and grab my bag from my locker.

The ride home was silent as an angry vibe radiated from my mother in the driver's seat. I kept my head phones on and Avenged Sevenfold's 'Sounding The Seventh Trumpet' CD playing in my ears too loud to be healthy. I closed my eyes as Matt's voice lulled me into a world that was my own.

'Warmness on the Soul' was my favorite song from their home-made, first CD and I grinned to myself as the piano solo came on. Once we reached our duplex I flung myself from the car and walked lazily to the house. I sighed in my room and fell face first onto my unmade bed, deciding silently, that it was time for a nap to make up for the loss of sleep that getting up for school caused.

I woke up awhile later with the sound of another one of Avenged songs playing in my ears. This time it was 'Lips Of Deceit' and the raw guitar in the beginning jolted me awake. The clock said that I had been a sleep for three hours. I yawned a rolled over, groaning when I realized that I was still in my tight jeans. I pealed those off and laid in my bed, listening Matt's rough voice.

"Mom!" I yelled as I pulled on a pair of black ball shorts and the freshly washed black wife-beater.

"Yeah?" She asked as she peaked her head around the corner, leaning against the door jam.

I tied my hair back and asked, "Where is Gabe?"

My mother sent me an easy smile, "He went back to campus. Told me that he really got through to you last night." She shrugged and I laughed, nodding at the new information.

"But," My mother stated with a sad tone to her voice, "I guess he didn't seeing as you just broke some girls nose today."

I shrugged as sat on my bed, pulling my worn out DC shoes onto my black sock clad feet, noticing the slight pain in my right hand. "Well, it was his fault anyways."

My mother tilted her head in confusion, "What do you mean?"

I bit my lip ring and tried to gather my thoughts without giving my mother too much information about my older brother's personal life. She didn't really know about either of our lives outside of what we did at home. She assumed that my brother and I were both virgins, although that was not even close to be correct when it came go Gabe.

"I was fighting with Naomi and he got into an argument before he left. Didn't even tell her he was leaving either," I stated and reached for an old skeleton hoodie that I had gotten as a Christmas present a couple of years ago from my uncle and his boys.

"Oh," Mom murmured, wanting to ask what they had fought about since she was my friend and not his, "Where are you going now?" Her voice held a hint of urgency.

I shrugged. "Out."

She sighed and stood in front of my door way so I couldn't leave my room, "If you are going to hang out with those men that I found in your bedroom, you can think again."

I rolled my eyes impatiently, "No Mom," I lied, "I'm going to hang out with Draven until Micki gets out in an hour. Then Micki and I are going to have a girls night at the movies. Is that alright?"

My mother smiled at me, her personality switching automatically when I mentioned 'girls night'. She nodded and gestured for me to on ahead. I smiled gratefully and grabbed my cell phone, sliding it onto one of the baggy pockets of my shorts.

I waved to my mother as I took off down the road, running as quick as I could to Zacky's house., groaning when my muscles screamed in protest of the exercise. Even with the mid-August chill I ran all the way to the house. I sighed in relief when the white building came into view half way down the street. I knocked on the door loudly as I heard laughter from inside. I grinned as Jimmy yanked the door open, shouting in surprise when he saw me standing there, sweating my ass off.

"Granger!" he cheered and went to pull me over his shoulder. Luckily I dodged his long arms and smiled tiredly at the rest of the guys as they sat around the living room.

"Sorry, Jimmy," I said to make him feel better as he pouted dramatically, "I'm stiff and my hand hurts."

"Why would your hand hurt?" Matt asked as Zacky jumped up to greet me with a kiss.

I chuckled with a smirk on my face, "I guess Johnny didn't have a chance to tell you," I murmured, realizing that Johnny would still be at school.

"Tell us what?" Brian questioned from where he sat.

I grinned and tossed myself down next to Zacky on the couch. "I broke Naomi's nose at lunch."

The guys gave me surprised looks and I shook my head letting them know that this wasn't the first 'fight' that I had been in. "I've hit people before. Although... this is only the second time I've hit a girl. It bugs me when they just lay there crying. Guys fight for their pride and get back up. Just to be knocked down again." I grinned and Zacky groaned beside me.

"Major turn on," Jimmy chuckled and I kissed Zacky cheek, chuckling as he groaned at the lack of contact.

"So," Brian murmured, "What are we doing today?"

"Zacky," I stated playfully.

Zacky smirked and I felt his ego rising as the guys whined and Jimmy asked if he could watch.

"Well, Jim-bo, I did say we are doing Zacky today so you can do a lot more then help." I grinned at my shocked boyfriend as Jimmy shouted in excitement. Everyone else, including Zacky, yelled, "I'm out!" At the same time and I giggled leaning against the left handed guitarist.

"Eww." Zacky grimaced. "You're sweaty!"

"I did just run here," I stated in a slow tone and Zacky glared.

"No need at act like I'm an idiot, but why did you run all the way here?" he questioned, draping his arm over my shoulders.

I replied, "Didn't feel like asking you to drive me."

"No I meant why didn't you walk?"

I glared at the green-eyed man and he held his hands up in defense, even though he and the rest of them were laughing at his joke. I rolled my own eyes and placed a pout on my face.

"Fine, then I won't run here anymore and I won't use your shower... after today," I hopped up off of the couch as the guys' shouted their apologies for 'the way Zacky was acting towards my running'. The Rev just followed after me claiming he would join me.

Zacky was quick to stop him then take his place.

"Ah, no." I stated and Zacky pouted.

"But you would've let Rev!" he defended.

"He's harmless," I joked and walked into Zacky's bedroom, him following me, ignoring the guys as they watched us from the couch.

"What are you doing?" Zacky questioned as I raided his closet.

"Trying to find something that'll fit," I stated as if it was obvious and he nodded slowly, confused.

My shower was quick and soon enough I was in Zacky's car on my way back to school to pick up Johnny and head down to watch a show at Johnny's Bar. The guys all hoped out of the two vehicles that I we rode in and I stayed put. Zacky looked at me confused at he and Jimmy leaned back in.

"Aren't you coming? We usually meet Johnny in the front hall way," Zacky asked, reaching his hand out for me to take.

I shook my head, "I'm suspended. I 'can't set foot in the building for an entire week'," I laughed, doing my best to imitate my stern principle.

Zack thought about what I just said only for a minute before a sly smirk came on his face and he told me to get out of the car. He took me by my hand and together, with the rest of the guys, we walked up to the front doors of the ancient high school. Zacky stopped when we reached the front steps and crouched down.

"Uh, What are you doing?" I inquired and he took me to get on his back.

"Why?"

He sighed at jokingly, gave me an impatient look, "Just do it."

"But my mother tells me not to do it," I snickered at my own immature joke and the other three did as well.

Zacky groaned. "Granger," he warned, rolling his eyes.

I sighed and jumped onto his back, my arms automatically wrapped around his neck and he wrapped my arms around my legs to hold me up.

The guys opened the door and Zacky walked in. Not one of my feet stepped on the floor as Zacky carried to the the main hallway, ignoring the looks we got from passing students.

The five of us stood around for a few minutes before a loud laugh came from the opposing hallway. It was Johnny. "I see you've found a way to get back into school."

"Oh yes." I grinned sarcastically. "I just love it here!"

"Great," a voice said from behind us and Zacky turned to face my principle as she stood there with her arms crossed firmly over her chest, "Then you won't mind staying after school for detention when you come back here."

I groaned and tightened my arms over Zacky's shoulders. "Sorry, no can do. I've got softball every day after school."

Mrs. Klein nodded. "Everly, I'm sure we can find a way around that. And as for you four, you get out of here before I press charges on trust passing," she noted to the older guys and I rolled my eyes, motioning for Zacky to put me down.

He did and I took his hand, "Sure Mrs. Klein, we'll leave," I murmured and turned away. But before we walked completely out of the building, Johnny following, I rested my hand on Zacky's neck and pulled his head down so his lips met mine. The kiss became more heated and I almost tripped backwards. Zacky's weight against mine had me pushed against the lockers in no time and I smirked when Mrs. Klein cleared her throat.

"I've always wanted to do that," I whispered in Zacky's ear as we walked past my shaking principle, her dark eyes glaring at the group of us as we moved out of the building.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D This is for rawr_like_me! Thank you for your comment(s). I love your name, Skye. Totally makes me jealous.