Flight Risk

Creeper.

Even though that 'Synyster Gates' guy kept looking back to me every few minutes I could still ignore him and truly listen to their music. They had announced that their new CD 'Sounding The Seventh Trumpet' could be bought at the 'booth' on side the stage, which is really just one of those white fold-up tables, with boxes of handmade merch. dumped on top. The lead signer, 'M. Shadows'' had a really rough voice yet it was entirely smooth and beautiful at the same time and I was seriously contemplating buying one of their CD's just because of that fact.

I stood there and watched them the whole hour and a half they were up there with cheesy grins on their faces. And the words "Living The Dream" came to mind, and I let a small smile take over my face.

"Hey! Matt!" A guy on the stage screamed as they started packing up their gear. I, like many others, glanced at the guy with the black hair. He had snakebites on his lips and a bull-piercing. He looked past me the whole time and I turned around and saw the singer walking back in through the door. I slid past him and out only to be knocked down again.

"Are you going to make a habit of this?" Synyster asked, and I groaned pushing myself up from the floor just inside the building.

"Not if you stay out of my way," I said, threateningly and tried to go around him, only to have him grab my arm. I hissed and yanked my newly tattooed forearm from his grasp.

"Where are you going, sweetheart?" He questioned, smirking slightly.

The bassist from the band walked up behind him and laughed, "Brian don't be a creep."

This time I smirked, "Yeah, Brian, don't be a creep!"

"Shut up, Johnny," Brian warned and turned back to me with a breathtaking smile, he held his hands up in a way that shows innocence.

"I just want to know where you're going now," He asked, slightly less cocky and with a real interest.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Home," I stated and started walking away, leaving the two men standing in the doorway.

I whipped back around to meet Brian running up behind me, "Hey you know, Granger, it's early..." He rubbed the back of his neck, "Do you want to come back to a party at a friend of mine's house? The rest of the band is going to be there." He shrugged at the end with a slight smile that made his cheek bones look even more pronounced.

"I've got to be home before morning." I shrugged and turned away again.

I heard him groan from behind me and run up to stand in front of me. "What if I bring you home later?" He smiled at me and I rolled me eyes.

I folded my arms over my chest and tilted my head to the side, "Why do you want me there?"

Brian rolled his eyes and scoffed like it was obvious, "Because you're fucking hot."

Once again I tried to walk past him but he just stopped me once again, "Please?" He asked in a baby voice and I desperately tried not to crack a smile... and failed. "Ha!" He shouted and took my hand, pulling me back towards Johnny's.

The place was nearly empty, well, besides the band that I saw on stage with Brian hanging around and a few bartenders cleaning up.

"Yo! Syn where've you been!" I looked up to a tall man with unruly hair, sticking straight up in the air.

"Oh you know just chasing down some girl!" Brian shouted back, grinning at me as I smacked him. He then pouted and rubbed his arm. "Abuse," He muttered.

"Punishment," I corrected.

He rolled his brown eyes and pulled me over to his friends. "Guys! This is Granger," He said, faux excitement rolling off the sentence.

I waved and rolled my eyes a minute later, annoyed at my cell phone when it started vibrating in my pocket. "One second," I groaned and yanked my cell phone out and pressed the green button on the screen. "What, jackass?" I questioned, clenching my jaw at my brothers voice.

"It's been like 2 hours! Are you home yet?" Gabe interrogated.

"No, I'm sorry brother of mine but I am not home. I got into some guys car to look for his dog because he offered me a lollipop. I'll call you when I find the husky," I rushed out and hit the 'end' button on the screen of my phone and turned back to the guys standing in front of me with smiles on their faces. Once I had my cell stuffed back into my front pocket someone ran up and tackled me, holding me up so I couldn't hit the floor again.

"Can we keep her?" The lanky man requested, his chin on my head.

I laughed and pushed him off of me, "No, you can not keep me. I've got too many people telling me what to do, nowadays."

He groaned and pouted, looking to his friends and then back to me. "Please?"

I shook my head, 'no' and he laid down onto the floor and started to pretend to sob. His friends just stood above him and laughed at his antics. He stayed like that before he jumped up and smiled at me, "I'm The Reverend Tholomew Plague, But you can call me Jimmy!"

"I'm Granger," I retorted, letting the man pull me into a hug. He let me go and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and turned me to face the rest of his friends.

"Hi Granger, I'm Matt," A guy stood forward and ran his hand through his dark mohawk.

"I'm Johnny!" A shorter man jumped forward and I smiled at him.

The last guy, the one who was left on the stage earlier, waved at me, "I'm Zacky,"

I nodded and grinned, "So you all have absurd nicknames or is it just these two?" I jerked my thumb towards the two guys next to me and they both stuck their tongues out at me. The other three gave me their stage names and we sat around the bar until the owner decided to lock up for the night about an hour later. The whole time my cell phone had been vibrating in my pocket.

As we walked out the door, Zacky on one side Jimmy on the other, my phone when off again. Jimmy yanked it from my back pocket before I could silence the loud vibrating noise.

"Hello?" he asked and my eyes went wide when I realized what he was doing. I tried to reach for it but he turned away from me before I could get it in my grasp. Since he was much taller than me, he lifted it into the air quickly as a warning, and I stopped struggling for it. "No, man. We haven't found my dog yet." He grinned at me and waved his hand, letting me know he had it covered. "Dude, bring her home? Okay, we'll be at my place."

I groaned as the guys laughed from behind me and all of a sudden. Jimmy handed me my phone with a smirk. I cocked my head and put the phone up to my pierced ear, "Gabe?" I questioned, cautiously.

"You are dead! I'm calling Mom, right now! And you're going home! You are seventeen years old and running around with some man! Go home now or I'll call the cops! Are you stupid? Go home, Everly!" Gabe shouted so loud that I'm sure everyone could hear every single word he said before he hung up the phone on me.

I sighed and put my phone away. I turned to face the guys slowly and clasped my hands together.

"You're seventeen?" Brian asked quietly and I nodded, "How did you get in there tonight?"

I pulled my ID from my pocket and showed it to him and the rest of them.

"Made it myself," I shrugged, "Same way Johnny got in,"

The entire band shook their heads, "Johnny got in because he's in the band."

I shrugged again and put my ID away again. "Still underage. But it's not like I drink."

Brian rolled his eyes at me, and the guys just stood behind him, "Don't you get it, Granger? We're all twenty and twenty-one!"

I rolled my blue eyes at him, "So? It's not like anything is ever going to happen. No offense," I added, at the end.

"Yeah... your right. But I figured you were our age at least, you look older then seventeen."

I smiled at him and he pulled me in for a hug, "Nah, I just turned seventeen two months ago," I let go of the man and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"So?" Jimmy asked, "Who was that on the phone?"

"Gabe," I stated automatically, "My brother,"

"I figured it was a boyfriend or something," he murmured although he didn't sound anymore relieved to know it was my brother, "Will he come looking for you?"

I grinned and shook my head. "Nope, He's away at college, so I am free to do what ever I want to."

Johnny grinned and high-fived me, "Wait, you go to my school right? I've seen you around. But... you go by Ev-" I clamped my hand over his mouth and glared at the younger boy.

"Don't you dare say that name," I warned, pushing him away from me.

He pouted and rubbed his face, "Why not?"

"Because that is not my name!"

Johnny nodded, confused and I grinned, "I've got to head home now or else my mother will be coming home from work to look for me. My brother is an ass," I murmured.

"Can we come?" Jimmy spoke and I looked at his pleading face.

"We won't break anything," Brian continued, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

Zacky grinned at me, "And if they do, I'll beat them until they give you the money to fix it."

I laughed really loudly as the rest of the guys scoffed. I turned to Johnny, "You have to be to school tomorrow!"

He chuckled and nodded, "I know, but we'll be gone before we have to be there."

Johnny plastered a cheesy grin on his face and I studied the rest of the four men, who were grinning at me as well. I groaned and nodded my head in the direction of my house. "Come on, I've got video games,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Image