Flight Risk

Mother Trouble.

The walk to my house was interesting to say the least. Jimmy decided he wanted to carry me on his back after he had ran down the street with Johnny. Zacky walked next to us, ignoring ever joke that Jimmy made about him and the other three walked behind us, Brian yelling about Jimmy being stupid.

"Tada!" I grinned as we walked up to my duplex apartment. I unlocked the door and led the guys into the living room and kitchen area. They were both open, the living room on the left, the kitchen on the right, "My crappy house!" I grinned throwing myself down onto our outdated couch then pulled myself right back up again. "To my room," I declared and raced off with Jimmy to the last door at the end of the hall. I threw the door open and went over to my dock, plugging my Ipod into it once again to charge.

"Are you always home alone at night?" Brian questioned and I smirked.

"Why planning on raping me?"

He sputtered and I laughed along with everyone else.

"Yeah," I continued, answering seriously, "My mom works nights and she's a single mother so she works a lot. Not that I mind because then she doesn't know when I go out." I took a seat on my unmade bed and shoved the dirty clothes behind it as the guys sat around my room, Zacky taking a seat next to me as Jimmy raided my extensive video game collection.

I hooked up my X-box and Matt tossed a game at me, dimples appearing on his cheeks and I grinned to myself, tossing the other controlled to him. As the main screen for 'Splinter Cell' showed up I nodded at the boys and started in multiplayer mode, splitting the duties of Sam between us two.

Two hours later, and five different lives, the guys and I decided that we were tired of the U.S Government getting rid of everything that had do do with our existence.

"Stupid fucking game," I groaned tossing the controller to the floor. Johnny doing the same.

I yawned and reached for my blaring phone, groaning silently when I saw my mother's cell phone number show up. "Guys!" I yelled, "Shut the hell up!"

They nodded and Jimmy pretended to zip his lip and hand me the key. I laughed and stuck it in my pocket before I answered, "Aye Mamma."

"Everly, did you leave the house tonight?" She questioned, worriedly.

"Oh no, Mamma," I murmured and the guys chuckled as they sat on my bed around me. Zacky slapped Johnny in the head when he made even a little bit of noise. I tried to stop myself from laughing.

"Everly May! Don't you lie to me, your brother called!"

I clenched my jaw and cursed him out under my breath. "I'm home now, Mom," I defended and she sighed from the other line.

"Everly, you have school in the morning, go to bed."

"Okay, Night Mamma, Love you." I ended the call and we all burst into laughter.

I leaned against Zacky and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, still shaking with laughter,"You act like such a good girl!" He chuckled and I glared up at him. He smirked at me and it didn't leave his lips once,

I licked my teeth from where they bit down on my snakebites, "I am a good girl!"

At this every person in my room started laughing, except me, and I scoffed, folding my arms across my chest, and Zacky pulled me against him, my back to his front, "I'm only kidding, Granger," he whined, a pout on his lips.

I kept my arms folded and a stern look on my face as the guys laughed and Zacky chuckled at him self, not caring if I was angry at him.

Eventually Matt put in some horror movie and we all laid around my room with blankets, Zack and I on our stomachs on my bed while the guys sat every where else that could be considered comfortable. As a girl got murdered on the screen I groaned and pulled the blanket up over my head, closing my eyes as the guys laughed at me again. "Shut up," I grumbled as the screaming stopped blaring from my old silver television. I watched for a bit longer as the male lead in the film ran around and eventually I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness.

Image

"Everly May Granger! What the hell is going on here?" My mother's voice attempted to jolt me from my sleep.

I grumbled something unintelligible and snuggled into my blankets, although I wasn't met with the soft fabric of my sheets, when I laid back down my cheek was met with a warm mans chest and I bolted awake.

"Everly!" My mother screamed and I turned to face her irate face, standing in the doorway. I looked around and the guys were shifting in their sleep slowly waking from my mothers intense screaming.

"Mom!" I shouted, surprised and jumped up from where I laid with Zacky on my bed, his arms around my waist.

"Everly, what the hell is going on here? Who are these boys?" She spoke calmly and I instantly became worried. I jumped over the four sleeping bodies on my floor and pulled my mother into the living room, tangling my fingers into my hair, worrying like no tomorrow.

"Mom," I drew out the word, slowly, "This isn't... what it seems?" I finished, lamely, holding my hands out in front of me.

"Then what is it?" she questioned, angrily, "I just walked into to see my daughter asleep in her bed with a some guy I've never seen before and four more grown men laying around her bedroom." She shook her head in disbelief.

I sighed and wrung my hands. "Mom, They're the band from the show last night. They came back here after, we watched a movie, played some games and crashed. That's it."

My mother growled from her spot next to the couch and her eyes met mine, I shrunk back slowly, almost afraid of what her answer would be. "How old are they, Everly?"

"Johnny is 16!" Was my immediate reply and she shook her head.

"No," She warned, "How old are they?"

I gulped, taking in a deep breath before I answered, "Twenty and twenty-one."

"They're what?" she shouted, tossing her hands around the air, "Do they know that you're only seventeen?"

"Yes, they do," I replied, glancing over her shoulder at the clock on the stove, "I've got to go, Mom. We can talk about this after school. I've got to go wake Johnny up." I sighed and walked away, my mother yelled after me to come back. I slammed my bedroom door behind me and I heard someone clear their throat.

Everyone was sitting around, running their hands through their hair and tugging on their wrinkled clothing.

"Uh, hey," I murmured and plopped down onto my bed next to a disorientated Zacky. He smiled at me, sleepily and stretched his arms over his head.

"What happened?" Brian questioned, pushing his blanket off of him.

I rolled my eyes at the things that just happened, "Nothing, my mother just had a hissy fit."

The guys nodded, slowly, "So, uh, what time is it?" Johnny questioned, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"About seven, that's when she gets home. Are your parent's going to be mad that you weren't home last night?"

"No," he cleared, "I told them I was staying at Matt's. My mom likes him." He shrugged at the end and everyone chuckled quietly.

I smiled at the awkward men sitting on my floor and jumped up, wiping my hair from my eyes, "Well, I've got to shower. Johnny, you can borrow some of my brothers clothing if you don't want to be late to your first day of your sophomore year because you have to go home and change."

He nodded, "Sure, but could I possibly take a shower first?"

"Yup!" I grinned, "But me first!" I ran over to my dresser and pulled some things from them, rolling my eyes at Brian as I pulled out a bra. I turned back to the guys, "You four can hang out here until we're ready or you can get the hell out of here and brave my mother alone." I smirked as the guys groaned and threw themselves back down onto my floor, making their choice.

It only took me about 15 minutes in the shower and five minutes to get dressed. It was then that I let Johnny in with some clothing that my brother left behind when he went away for college last summer. About 5 minutes into his shower, I knocked on the door. "Johnny!" I called to him only to receive a muffled reply of 'what'.

"Dude! I need to do my hair and make up and shit!"

"Hold on!" he called back and I heard him crawl out, unlock the door, and hop back in behind the dark blue shower curtain before he murmured, "Come in!"

I let myself in and went straight over the the counter, picking up my eyeliner and swiping it under my blue eyes. I then pulled out my blow drier and continued to dry my wavy blonde hair. A few minutes later Johnny reached his hand out of the shower and I smirked, handing him his towel.

"Thanks," He murmured as he stepped out from the water and shut it off, a slight blush rushing to his cheeks. He was the most innocent of the group at only fifteen.

"No problem," I grinned and left the foggy bathroom, closing the door behind me. At the same time my mother came walking out from her bedroom. Her jaw fell to the floor and she pointed between the bathroom and I. I just shook my head and walked back to my own room where the guys had piled the blankets back on my bed and restarted that frustrating game.

"Time to go." I laughed as none of them moved, not ready to face my mother and her walk of shame. Instead the pretended I wasn't there, continuing to play the game.
♠ ♠ ♠
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=0XAF0-vIS0I[/youtube]