Flight Risk

School.

Trying to slide past my mother with five guys as she sat on the couch, relaxing after an eight hour shift, wasn't a good idea. As the six of us crept out of my bed room at 8:20-something AM, I could hear my mother rustling around on the couch. I put my finger to my lips to hush the guys as they walked behind me.

"Everly," my mother murmured as we walked past the couch, her back to us. And I cringed and froze in place, the guys doing the exact same thing.

"Mom," I said and she stood up and walked over to us, the guys looked at me uneasily and I just shrugged, unsure of what else to do to ease their nerves.

"Are you just going to walk out with out introducing me to your friends? Because I'd like to the meet the boys who stayed at my house with out my knowledge, in my daughter's bedroom."

I nodded, unhappily, and shifted so I was in between my mother and my new friends. So that maybe if she started yelling I could absorb some of the anger before it reached them."Uh, Mom," I started, feeling awkward and out of place, "These are the guys. Guys... introduce yourselves."

They guys stared at me with wide eyes and I smirked as Brian growled next to me. For a second they stood there with out words until Matt smirked and stepped forward, being the only brave enough. "Hi, I'm Shadows," he greeted with a shrug and the rest of the guys smirked as well as they caught on.

My jaw fell to the floor as Brian stood up next, and I grabbed his sleeve in attempt to stop him.
"I'm Synyster Gates," he stuck his hand out for my ticked off mother to shake and after a moment let it drop back to his side as he turned to smirk at me for throwing him to the dogs.

"I'm Johnny Christ," Johnny murmured from his spot between Matt and Jimmy and Jimmy followed suit, grabbing my mother's hand and kissed her knuckles, "And I'm The Reverend Tholomew Plague."

Zacky chuckled at his theatrics and pushed him away, "Sorry." He grinned. "I'm Zacky Vengeance."

My mother attempted to put at pleasant smile on her face and yet the best she could do was a pained grimace, "Everly, you're going to be late, you need to leave," she muttered and walked away to her room as the guys snickered at my name.

"Everly?" Bri chuckled as I locked the front door.

"Not another word, Brian," I growled as I shoved past the group of laughing boys.

"That's what they call you at school!" Johnny shouted, "Everly Granger! And your brother Gabe Granger! He was on the basketball team!"

I sighed and nodded, "Oh Yes, AllStar Gabriel, the good child in our family."

"So I'm guessing you're the bad kid that sneaks out in the middle of the night and brings back five random strangers?" Matt grinned and I laughed without humor.

"Yeah, my mother swears that I could never be her child because of the fact that Satan is my father."

"Harsh," Zacky murmured and I nodded, jumping on Jimmy's back.

"Go down that alley, at the end is where the bus will pick up Johnny and I," I murmured in Jimmy's ear and he took off running, following my instructions.

Image

My school day was the same as any other. Except this year I was compared to my brother even more and I didn't have Naomi to rely on when 'those girls' would ask me for his cell phone number.

Naomi Griffin was my best friend last year when I moved here, but over the summer she didn't want to hang out with me because of the people who didn't like me, even though I was the one who helped her get Tyson, a friend of mine, to ask her out. But I guess I'd rather hang out with people who don't care what I look like or what my 'stereotype' is. And that left me with one person, Micki Bennett. And although Micki and I don't get along a lot of the time, she's still the only person at school that doesn't see me as 'that girl', the one related to Gabriel.

I had two classes with my ex-bestfriend and she sent me apologetic smiles the entire time. I just rolled my eyes and pretended to pay attention to the teacher droning on and on about how 'senior year determines the rest of our lives'... blah, blah, blah.

I had fourth period lunch and I grinned at the sight of Micki yelling at some guy in line. "Mickhalah Diane Bennett!" I screamed as I ran into the over crowded lunch room, ignoring the glares I received from my classmates and the lower classes.

Micki just flat out screeched as she jumped from her place in line and ran over to me, throwing her newly tanned arms around my neck, her green gatorade bottle hitting my back. "God Granger!" she gushed in my ear, "I'm so glad to be back! Italy was a total bust, stupid grandparents wouldn't let me out of their sight. Apparently my father told them about my slight boy addiction!"

I laughed loudly at the word, "slight" in that sentence and pushed the dramatic girl off of me.
She pouted and wrapped her arms around one of mine, "How did you survive with out me?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, Micki. I spent the entire summer down at the beach."

Micki just nodded and stared over my shoulder. I turned around and grinned at Johnny. "Hey," I greeted, slightly surprised that he had our lunch.

"Hi Granger. How's your day been?" he questioned, peaking at Micki.

I groaned at the question. "It's school. It fucking sucks. Yours?"

He chuckled and nodded. "Same. Who's your friend?"

Micki smiled at him and raised her eyebrows at me, "I'm Micki. Her best friend. Who are you?"

"Nice to meet you," Johnny stuck his hand out, "I'm Johnny. I met Granger down at Johnny's bar."

Micki shook his hand and smiled her beautiful smile that can shell-shock any man in a ten foot radius. "So," She turned to me and raised her eyebrows. "That's how you survived."

My eyes grew wide as she giggled and I rapidly shook my head, "No, no, no. Micki, no. I met him and some of his friends last night."

Johnny sent us a confused look and I just grinned at him and pulled him to an empty table that Micki and I had always occupied our Junior year. Micki followed behind us with a smirk on her face.

"So, do your friends not have 4th lunch?" Micki questioned as she sat across from us.

"They're out of school," Johnny murmured nonchalantly and Micki coughed on her Gatorade.

"They're what?" she screeched, almost getting the entire cafeteria to look our way. Johnny shrugged and I grinned.

"That's the same reaction my mother had when she found Zacky in my bed this morning."

Micki's brown eyes widened and she slammed the plastic bottle down onto the table, "Who is Zacky?" She demanded, leaning her elbows on the table.

"One of Johnny's friends," I murmured playfully, standing up, "I'll be right back, I'm going to go get something out of the vending machine."

Micki shot up from her spot, recieving confused looks from both Johnny and I. "Oh no, no, no. I'm coming with you," she stated, jumping up and crossing her arms over her chest.

I sighed and waved her along. On the short walk to the school snack machine Micki looked really to jump out of her skin and I groaned. "Go ahead," I encouraged, wanting her to get all the questions out of her as fast a possible.

Micki smiled at me and grabbed my arm, "Is this 'Zacky' guy cute?"

"Yes, He's gorgeous, Micks," I stated simply with a shrug of my shoulders and a roll of my eyes. I pressed 'C7' on the machine and waited for another question.

"How old is he?" she demanded, "He isn't in school!"

"He's twenty, but we're just friends," I retorted honestly, wondering why all the questions were just about him. Micki shot me a look and I held my hands up in defense. "What?" I asked, giving her a strange look.

This time she groaned and tugged on my arm to get me to stop walking back to our table where Johnny was waiting for us. "Don't lie to me," she warned, a dark glare in her eyes, "Who are the others? How old are they?"

I stuck my tongue out at her and pulled her over the the corner of the cafeteria so nosy others wouldn't listen in, not that anyone really cared. "They're are three more besides Johnny and Zacky. Matt, Brian, and Jimmy, they're twenty-one,"

Micki gasped in a cliche manner, "You are hanging out with guys 4 years older then you!" I nodded and rolled my eyes at the excited girl. "Why was Zacky in your bed, you slut?" she asked excitedly.

"Because we fell asleep watching a movie after their show last night," I retorted, punching her arm at the name. "I'm not a slut."

Micki nodded and then stopped, confused. "What show?"

"God Micks!" I groaned, pushing the girl away from me, "They are in a band and no-" I shouted before she could ask, "you can not meet them."

Micki whined and asked, "Why not?" as I sat down next to Johnny with my bag of Blue Doritos.

"Because," I growled and turned to Johnny, offering him a chip, "What class do you have next?"

"Gym," he groaned and I laughed at his pitifulness.

"That sucks, I don't have to take gym this year," I replied, boasting.

"Why not?" Johnny asked and Micki grinned at me.

"Because student athletes don't have to take gym their senior year," she cheered and I held my hand up for her to high-five.

Johnny sent us a confused look. "What sports do you two play?" he asked incredulously.

"Softball," we answered automatically and at the same time, earning another high five from one another.

"Sweet," Johnny murmured, "Zacky's really big into the game, he played when he went here."

I nodded and Micki cocked her head to the side and asked, "What's his last name?"

"Baker," Johnny murmured, "Why?"

Micki ignored his question and turned to answer my unspoken one. "If he's twenty he would've been a senior when we were freshman! He played baseball... Zack Baker! The left handed hitter!" she exclaimed, instantly proud that she'd figured it out.

"Yeah!" I shouted as I began to remember, "He was really good! I thought he went off to college on a baseball scholarship?" I asked Johnny and he shook his head.

"Nah, he turned it down when the band got bigger."

Micki smirked at me and rested her hand on my arm. "Granger, you had that hot, hot man in your bed and you let him get the fuck out?"

I face-palmed and smacked her as Johnny burst out laughing.