Flight Risk

Party.

About a half an hour later people started showing up and Micks was loving the attention and all the guys that the band had invited. It seems like every person they've ever met was standing in Matt's living room drinking a beer. Every where I looked I could spot one of my friends with a girl attached to him and for Micki, she was dancing with a dark-haired guy who was wearing pretty snazzy clothing.

"Granger!" I heard someone shout from behind me so I turned around to see Zacky waving me over to him, his bright green eyes shining from the lights, "Come here!"

I skipped over to him with a smile on my face. "Hey Zacky. What's up?" I asked, lifting my drink my lips and loving the taste of it.

Zacky leaned against the back wall of Matt's living room and grinned, putting his hands on my waist. "Oh, not much you know. Just dancing with a girl."

I cocked my head to the side in confusion and he rolled his eyes at me playfully, "I meant you," he murmured and took my hand, pulling me to the group of people standing where the couch previously was at. I pulled away from him for just a moment so I could set my beer down on the TV stand.

Micki grinned at me from across the room as I slid and grinded against Zacky, his hands on my hips and sides the whole time. The room seemed to get hotter on the 'dance floor' and I smiled at Zacky and he did the same. His snakebiten lips came down on my own pierced ones and I grinned into the kiss.

I pulled away after a minute and Zacky took my hand, I followed him up the stairs. "Zacky we can't do anything," I murmured as he tugged me along and he nodded rapidly.

"I know, I just want to talk to you." He opened the second door we passed and I smiled at the homely looking bedroom with light purple walls and a black satan bed. Zacky pulled me down onto the bed and sat next to me.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked lightly and he smiled at me, twisting his fingers with mine.

"I just want to get to know you. You're kind of different, Granger."

I groaned at the use of that word and tossed myself onto the bed and looked up at Zacky from where I laid on my back.

"What?" He questioned, lightly.

"I'm always different. That's how I loose friends and things. I didn't start to mind that I was 'different' until others did."

Zacky laid on his side, his arm holding his head up, "What do you mean 'others care'?"

"Old of my old friends won't hang around me because certain people don't care for me. So, I flipped her off and walked away and now she's best friends with Abigail Morretti, the pitcher on the softball team and Naomi."

"What a bitch," he joked in an outraged, high voice voice and I erupted in laughter, pushing Zacky's shoulder, "You are different. Different then most girls, I mean. You're a blonde but you aren't like the plastic girls that hang around us down at Johnny's. You're real." He shrugged and in my head I couldn't help but notice how sweet that sounded.

"Am I?" I questioned with a smirk on my face.

He bit one of his lip rings and pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear with his left hand. "Yeah." He nodded.

I pressed my lips against his quickly, and then jumped up from the bed, running back down the stairs to the party. I heard Zacky yell 'hey!' as I ran away from him.

"Granger! Come here!" Matt called when I stepped down from the last step.

"Hey Matt, who's this?" I asked motioning to the girl who he had his arm around. She shrugged him of and reached up pull me into a hug, "Hi! I'm Val, Matti's girlfriend."

I hugged the girl back awkwardly and Matt rolled his eyes behind his girlfriend's back. I chuckled at him and noticed the happy look that stayed on his face. Val pulled away from me and went back over to her grinning boyfriend.

Both Val and Matt smirked and I felt someone's arms wrap around my neck. The tattoos on his arms told me that it was Zacky who stood behind me. "Hello there," I greeted.

"Hi," he answered casually.

"Zack is your brother here?" Matt questioned, and I felt Zacky against my shoulder.

"Yeah, Matt is some where around here." Zacky shrugged, looking around the full living room.

"You have a brother?" I asked, turning my head towards his, my lips inches from his.

"Yeah, and a sister."

"Younger or older?" I inquired, smiling at him.

"Matt is younger, Zina is older," he replied, smiling back.

My smile widened. "Middle child, eh?"

"Mhm," he murmured, "Fun."

I chuckled and nodded. "I bet. But it sucks being the youngest too."

Matt, Val, and Zacky chuckled and Matt called to someone in the crowd. A boy came walking over, no older then 16 years old and the boy tumbled into Matt and Val playfully.

"Hows it going, bro?" the boy asked Zacky with his eyebrows raised.

Zacky laughed and rolled his eyes at his brother. "Mattie, this is Granger, Granger this is my little brother, Matt," he introduced, causing 'Mattie' to eye me suspiciously.

"Hi," I greeted, "You go to my school right? You're in Johnny's grade?" I asked enthusiastically, causing him to lighten up and even crack a smile.

"Yeah," he replied with a nod, "You're Everly Granger, right? The girl that moved here last year and knocked that Brittany girl off of the softball team?"

I internally groaned at the use of my first name but then I laughed at the fact that was what people knew about me. "Yeah, but she's still on the team! She's just an alternate," I defended, shrugging my shoulders.

Mattie nodded eagerly. "Yeah, well, she's not the first baseman anymore."

I grinned at the hyper boy in front of me, Zacky's arms stayed wrapped around my shoulders as I spoke with a hint of narcissism, "No, she's not because I am."

There was a loud commotion behind us and we all turned that way. My best friend was laughing loudly at someone as they laid on the ground. I rolled my eyes and excused myself from Matt, Val and the brothers.

"Micki, you dumbass!" I shouted as I slid in between the many people watching them. "What did you do now! If you broke anything I won't stop Matt from breaking your face!" I screamed and many people laughed.

Micki's eyes grew wide and she hid behind the closest man. "Granger! I didn't do it! I swear!" she shouted, pointing at the guy who was groaning and rubbing the back of his head as he sat on the ground.

"Sure you didn't," I smirked and the guy in front of her walked away as I approached.

Micki sighed and walked over to me, stepping right over the guy, "Okay so maybe I pushed him so he would fall over the coffee table! But he was hitting on me! He's like 25! It's gross," she defended with a shrug and I chuckled.

"It's only 9 years, Micks."

A few people gave us shocked looks when they realized our ages and Micki jumped on my back. "I'm tired, Ev," She sighed, "Beer is kicking in."

I snorted. "Sucks for you," I sang, "We have school in the morning and your dad is going to kill you if you walk in like this."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and shrugged. "Guess I'll have to stay at your house."

I walked back over to Zacky and set Micki down. Automatically Zacky wrapped his arms around my shoulders again. "Oh yeah," Zacky murmured, "You kids have to be to school bright and early," he joked, chuckling huskily.

I elbowed him in the stomach and he groaned, doubling over slightly as everyone laughed.

"We should get you guys home. Matt and Johnny, too," Matt murmured, pulling his keys from his back pocket. Zacky's brother whined at him and Micki rolled her eyes.

Micki and I caught the first ride back to my place after we said goodbye to the rest of the guys and I thanked Brian for knocking me over yesterday.

"No problem, Granger, anytime." He smirked and pulled a girl to him. I looked shocked as he kissed a girl that looked just like Val, except her hair was darker. I looked between this girl and Matt's girl.

Brian chuckled at my confusion and replied, "This is Michelle, Val's identical twin sister."

"Yeah!" I nodded, "Wait, what?"

"I'm Michelle," the girl greeted sweetly, holding her hand out for me to shake. "The good twin!"

I chuckled and nodded, waving to her. "I'm Granger and that," I pointed to were Micki was leaning against the wall, glaring holes into Michelle's head, "Is my very jealous best friend, Micki."

"And why is she jealous?" Brian questioned, genuinely interested.

This time it was me who smirked."Because Michelle here, is old enough to make out with you and your sexy, sexy self."

Michelle grinned at the same time as Brian and I looked over the the scowling Micki as she flipped me off.

"Well, we are getting out of here to go do our fucking homework. See you around Brian, nice meeting you, Michelle," I said to them, waiting until they replied before I walked over and grabbed Micki's arm, dragging her away from Michelle before she could actually cause any damage to the nice woman.

The ride home was uneventful. Zacky and I in the back, Matt and Micki in the front. Before I could get out of the car, Zacky grabbed my arm and pulled me back, causing me to fall back onto the seat next to him.

"Let me see your phone," he demanded. I pulled it from my back pocket and we switched phones, his being nicer than mine. I put my number in under 'Granger: The Girl Of Your Dreams', before I handed it back to him.

Zacky peaked at the title and laughed before typing something out in mine. He kissed my cheek and Micki and I walked into the empty duplex, diving straight for our abandoned bags in the middle of my room so that we could get started on the homework before we passed out. Half way through my math my phone vibrated and I lifted it up, grinning at the name on the screen and the words that followed.

From: Zacky Vengeance
'goodnight, beautiful.