Arachne in Blunderland

My lover, Lucifer

I was sitting with the Devil, as I so often do (apparently Jesus doesn't like me anymore... I wouldn't say thank you when my kitten died. I didn't think his dad actually MEANT to kill it, but he insisted he'd done it as a blessing.),and he (referring back to the Devil) was slightly drunk, as he so often is, and he asked if I knew a way to bring down powerful men. I smiled and said sure, I knew. Being drunk, and in his drunkenness he does some strange and usually stupid things, he asked me to show him. Okay, I said and picked up my purse. He laughed at me (again, he was under the influence). I simply smiled again and dumped the contents of a pouch from within onto the table.

Powders, blushes, lipsticks, and nail polishes fell out. He stopped laughing.

A few days later, we were talking again, drinking Iced Tea this time... Lipton with too much sugar, if you wondered what Lucifer drinks... And he went of on one of his strange speeches, then stopped and asked if I knew the key to the universe or maybe world domination. I smiled and said sure, I knew. Again, he asked me to show him. I left, bringing back a laptop and turning it on. He laughed at me.

I pulled up the Internet, MySpace and Google in particular. He stopped laughing.

He kept asking me questions like these, about science and love and logic and whether the chicken or the egg came first. And each time I had an answer that was plausible for him. Eventually he became frustrated and asked me how I knew all these things. So, strictly for the purpose of drama, I stared at him and began laughing. He just waited.

I'm a girl, I replied.

He hasn't asked me over in a while...