Arachne in Blunderland

A Funeral Planned

So, in spite of the facts that I stopped bleeding, am pretending to be over it and spent last night in Hell (on wheels no less), I figured I'd say something happy.

Mortician [mawr-tish-uhn] noun - 1.a person, usually a licensed embalmer, who supervises or conducts the preparation of the dead for burial and directs or arranges funerals.

Formaldehyde [fawr-mal-duh-hahyd] noun- 1. A colorless gaseous compound, HCHO, the simplest aldehyde, used for manufacturing melamine and phenolic resins, fertilizers, dyes, and embalming fluids and in aqueous solution as a preservative and disinfectant.

Hearse [hurs] noun- 1. a vehicle for conveying a dead person to the place of burial.

Procession [pruh-sesh-uhn] noun- the act of moving along or proceeding in orderly succession or in a formal and ceremonious manner, as a line of people, animals, vehicles, etc.

Grave [greyvv] noun- 1. an excavation made in the earth in which to bury a dead body.
2. any place of interment; a tomb or sepulcher: a watery grave.
3. any place that becomes the receptacle of what is dead, lost, or past: the grave of unfulfilled ambitions.

Promise you'll come. Promise you'll laugh. Promise you'll dance. Promise you'll bury me in black.

But swear, above all else, these things:

You won't cry.

You won't let them pray for my safe passage into heaven.

You won't send lilies , as they're my favorite.

You won't let him, her, or the beloved lost come.

And you won't play that damn 'my heart will go on' esque music.

Because let's face it,

I'm just not that kind of girl.