Status: Active, seeking feedback.

Searching for Estelle.

Not So Ordinary

As we walked to the museum, Ville and Jyrki played eager tour-guides for me. They pointed out just about everything and Jyrki even told me a little about the cities history. This lead Ville to make some good-natured jokes at Jyrki's expense.

“Mr. Linnankivi would know, you see. He's been here since day one. Possibly even before.”

“Ville! Don't be nasty,” I scolded through my giggles.

Jyrki just shook his head and replied “He's just bitter because I'm almost 10 years older than him and still looking better.”

I laughed even harder when Ville gasped dramatically, feigning offence. By the time we reached the museum I had tears streaming down my face from their banter.

Jyrki opened the door, ushering me through. I smiled and entered the main foyer, taking in everything around me. I really had been meaning to come here, but it somehow got lost in my new routine. Ville walked up behind and put a hand on my shoulder, making me jump.

He laughed and shook his head. “You spook too easily.”

I rolled my eyes. “Sorry, I guess I'm just not used to strange men sneaking up on me yet,” I said jokingly.

He put a hand over his heart. “That hurt, love.”

I laughed and shook my head. “You're so dramatic, Ville.”

Jyrki wandered over and put his arm around my shoulders. “Shall we?” he said, gesturing to the door that lead out of the foyer and into the actual museum.

I smiled and followed my two companions through. We meandered through, looking at all of the exhibits, in no real hurry and the guys seemed to really enjoy showing me everything. I was having an absolute blast and when we came to the Finnish Literature exhibit I was left awestruck.

Ville took his turn as tour guide here, explaining all the stories and novels and talking about the authors. Of course, I could've gotten all that from the descriptions and signs but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as interesting, I'm sure.

The displays were beautiful, everything from authors original notes to photographs of settings and the locations where they were written. Halfway through Ville explaining the origin of a Finnish children's tale to me I felt my phone begin to buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and glanced at the screen.

Dani.

“I'm so sorry,” I said to Ville.

He smiled and shook his head. “It's fine, get it.”

“Thanks.”

I walked out of the room and found a quite spot in a corridor.

“Hello?”

“Stella-bella! It's me. What's happening?”

“Um, I'm at a museum, at the moment. Finland's good.”

“Awesome! Heard any more from those guys you met that night?”

“Yeah... I'm actually hanging out with a couple of them today. We're going out to lunch after the museum. How's France?”

“Wonderful! Jean is just amazing. So amazing that I can't quite bear to leave him yet...”

I smiled a sad little smile. I'd expected her to say that. “So... I shouldn't expect you tomorrow or the day after?”

“No... I'm just not done here yet, Stelle.”

“It's okay, Dan. I get it, and I'm not mad.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“So, hooked up with any Finns yet?”

I blushed furiously. “No! Of course not, Dani!”

“Why not? It wouldn't be so bad, Stella.”

I shook my head and decided to change the subject. “So, are you going to bring Jean with you to Finland?” I'd much rather talk about her relationship than my non-existent one.

“Hmm, maybe. Hadn't really thought about it. I don't even know if he likes rock music.”

“So you will be here for Ruisrock?”

“Yeah, that's like... what, 10 days away?”

“Nine,” I answered with a smile. Close enough.

“Yeah, I'll totally be there. I'll try and get in a week before. Give me some time to meet those new friends of yours.”

“Great. I've got to go, Dan. I'll talk to you soon.”

“Okay, bye Stelle!”

After I hung up I bit my lip, a little nervous at the thought of them meeting. Dani showing up would pretty much mean the end of the weird fascination the guys seemed to have with me. She was considerably more interesting and a much better conversationalist. They'd get on like a house on fire.

I scolded myself for feeling jealous and began to make my way back to where the guys were. I spotted them in the room where I'd left them and headed over.

I smiled as brightly as I could and apologised once more for having to take the call.

“It was Dani,” I explained.

Jyrki smiled. “When is she arriving?”

“Um, she said in 2 days. But that's what she said 2 days ago.”

Ville laughed. “Still infatuated with her French boyfriend then?”

I nodded. “Very much so.”

Jyrki looked a little puzzled at this point, so I decided it would be rude not to catch him up.

“The reason she delayed her trip is because of a French waiter named Jean-Claude.”

He laughed at that as well and his deep, throaty but rare chuckle was miles away from Ville's frequent and dorky giggle.

“Honestly,” I joked “that girl gets all the luck.”

Jyrki frowned. “I don't know so much, Estelle. You are being escorted around the city by two very hot Finnish rockstars,” he said with a wink.

I blushed a little and laughed. “That's true.”

Ville cleared his throat and raised an eyebrow at Jyrki. “Well, I'm flattered that you find me attractive, Jyrki. But you're just not my type.”

Jyrki just rolled his eyes and ignored him. “How about lunch then?”

I smiled and nodded. I was starving. Being woken up unexpectedly by Ville had meant that I'd skipped breakfast.

Ville held out an arm and I felt my cheeks burn a little as I linked my arm through his, yet again. We began to walk and as we did I felt Jyrki link his arm through my free one.

Ville and I both looked at him and he just shrugged.

“Why should you get all the arm candy, Valo?”

I blushed scarlet at what he'd said. Arm candy? Me? Hardly.

Ville just shook his head and replied “Well, you did invade our outing,” with a smile.

“Don't worry, Ville. I'm not trying to steal your girlfriend.” Jyrki replied with a smirk.

“I'm not his girlfriend!” I blurted before I could stop myself. I felt my blush intensify as the words tumbled out of my mouth, feeling a lot like a 16 year old girl.

“No need to sound quite so offended by the thought, love,” Ville said with a frown, only causing me to be more horrified at myself.

“I didn't think you understood Finnish,” Jyrki said looking puzzled.

“Oh, um... I do,” I answered sheepishly.

He laughed. “I noticed.”

“Sorry,” I mumbled, not really sure who I was apologising to.

Ville laughed too, nudging me in the side. “Estelle, how will we get you to stop being so shy?”

I shook my head. “I don't think it's possible,” I answered honestly.

We were back outside in the very mild Helsinki sun and Jyrki began to lead us towards somewhere we could have lunch. I was mainly silent as we walked and began to notice the stares of passers by.

I felt more and more uncomfortable as we walked and that hit a high point when a fan approached and asked to get a photo with the guys. They were more than happy to oblige and she shoved her camera in my face.

I frowned but waited for them to all be facing the camera and snapped a quick shot. The girl simpered over them some more before snatching her camera back off me and skipping away.

“I'm so sorry,” both guys said simultaneously as soon as she'd gone.

I smiled and shrugged. “It's fine, not your fault you have a rude fan.”

“But she wouldn't have been rude to you if you weren't with us,” Ville said.

“She was jealous,” I said, shaking my head. Jealousy was not something I was used to seeing in other people. We began to walk again and the stares and even a few glares came my way. I heard a few muttered choice Finnish words, very similar to those uttered by the girl at the concert.

The guys were horrified and very apologetic, which was sweet but unnecessary.

“Guys, really! It's fine. Just the curse of an ordinary woman who stands between two extraordinary men, I guess,” I said with a smile.

I felt them both tighten their grip on my arms at that point.

“I wouldn't exactly call you ordinary, Estelle,” Ville said.
♠ ♠ ♠
As always, thanks to those who commented last time. I was really happy with the feedback I got on the last chapter.

Sorry for the delay, guys! I've been pretty sick and am still not too well =( That's also the reason this is a bit ordinary.

Hopefully I'll be able to get something more up tomorrow. Comment and let me know what you think! It might even make me feel better =P