Status: Active, seeking feedback.

Searching for Estelle.

Caught Staring

We ended up going for lunch at the coffeeshop where Jyrki and I had first met. I could help but smile as we walked through the door, especially when I saw the waitress who had spoken to me that day.

I wondered how different my trip would've been if I'd not stopped for coffee here. I had to remind myself that I'd only been in Finland for a matter of days. It had felt like years.

“Estelle?” Ville said, touching my arm gently and interrupting my reverie.

“Yes?”

“What did you want to eat, darling?” Jyrki asked kindly.

I blushed, realising that they'd probably been trying to get my attention for a few minutes.

I decided on a toasted sandwich and a coffee and Jyrki nodded.

“Okay, I'll get it. You can go get us a table.”

I opened my mouth to protest but Ville cut me off.

“Shush. Now go,” he said, gently nudging me away from them.

I reluctantly left and picked a table where I could have a squishy booth seat, I loved those things. I looked over at the guys and noticed them deep in conversation as they waited to order. I couldn't help but notice Ville's good looks while I had the time to admire him freely.

Jyrki was good looking as well, but with Ville it was more understated. His slim figure also gave him an elegantly wasted appearance and he had really nice green eyes. I sat for a moment, thinking to myself and remained transfixed by my observations.

That was, at least, until both guys looked over at me. I felt myself blush and dropped my gaze to my feet. I felt as though I'd been caught red-handed, staring openly at Ville.

When I got brave enough, I glanced back up and, thankfully, they were no longer looking at me. Jyrki was playfully shoving Ville and they were both laughing at something.

'Oh, God.' I thought 'They noticed me staring and now they think I've got the hots for Ville. Oh no.'

I shook my head. 'Get a grip, Estelle. They have no idea what you were thinking about, they are not mind-readers. Jyrki's a Helsinki Vampire, not Edward freakin' Cullen.'

They wandered over to the table as I was reprimanding myself. Jyrki sat across from me, right in the middle of the seat, meaning that the only space left for Ville was right next to me. I felt my heart race and scolded myself for behaving like a school girl. How was it that I'd managed to go the entire concert and most of this morning without acting like an obsessed fan and yet now felt overwhelmed by Ville's company?

I fiddled awkwardly with my napkin until Jyrki spoke.

“Estelle, do you have plans for tomorrow night?”
I looked up at him and shook my head no.

“Well, Jussi and I are going out for a few drinks if you're interested.”

“Um, yeah. Sure,” I answered shyly, actually not feeling very sure at all.

“How about you, Ville?” Jyrki asked him.

I looked up to see Ville's reaction and noticed he was frowning.

“No, I can't. I've got dinner at my parents. Jesse is back in town for a little while,” he replied, looking genuinely disappointed.

I couldn't understand why. I mean, he had a life to continue on with. The strange little Australian girl wasn't going to change that.

A waitress walked over with our food and coffee and it was the same girl I'd recognised.

“Here you go,” she said with a friendly smile, placing everything on the table. Before she left she turned to me and said “Two of them now, hey?” with a wink.

I blushed ferociously and the guys just laughed. She shrugged her shoulders and said “I wouldn't be complaining,” and with one last flirty smile at Jyrki she walked away.

I just shook my head. “You guys have some weird fans,” I said which just made them laugh harder.

I began to relax again after that and we continued to eat and chat until Jyrki looked at his watch and sighed.

“I have to go. I'm meant to be meeting the guys at two,” he said, standing.

“Say hi to them for me,” I said with a smile.

“Will do, darling,” he said, leaning down and kissing me on the cheek “I'll call you tomorrow?”

“Sure,” I smiled.

“Bye Ville, bye vauva.”

I frowned. “Don't call me that.”

“Estelle, how old are you?” Jyrki asked.

“25,” I answered.

He shook his head. “See, you are a baby.”

“Only compared to you,” I replied cheekily.

He laughed and shook his head. “I'll talk to you later,” he said before leaving, but not before pausing to exchange a few choice words with the waitress who had served us.

I laughed, seeing her blush and said “I wonder what he said to her...”

“You probably don't want to know, love,” Ville answered with a smile.

At that, I blushed and he laughed. “You're cute when you blush. You match your hair,” he said, playing with a piece of my hair.

At that I just blushed more and bit my lip, really not knowing how to respond to that.

He must have sensed my uneasiness and stood, offering me his hand.

“Feel like taking a walk?”

I smiled and accepted his hand, standing gracefully (by my standards, anyhow). We thanked the waitress as we left and stepped out into the cool Helsinki afternoon.

We walked in silence for a little while, it wasn't uncomfortable though, and I really just followed Ville, having no idea where we were headed.

“So, are you really feeling brave enough to go out partying with the 69 Eyes?” Ville asked me as we made our way through a park that I'd somehow never noticed before.

“No,” I answered truthfully.

He laughed. “You never know, you might have fun.”

I nodded. “I'm sure I will. I'm just... kind of a wet blanket when it comes to 'partying' I guess.”

“Well, I'm pretty much a hermit, so I can't talk.”

I smiled. “Me too. I can't make a fool of myself if there's no-one else there.”

Ville smiled at that too, and we continued on in silence.

We spent another half hour or so, just wandering around the park making small talk, mainly on Ville's part. I was yet to prove myself a conversationalist.

It started to get quite cool and I decided it was about time I headed back to the hotel, considering I was only dressed in quite light clothing.

When I said this, Ville sighed. “Yeah, I should really pay Linde a visit. I've not seen him for awhile and Ruisrock's not too far away. We've been a bit slack really.”

He reached down slightly, I was starting to loathe being so little, and gave me a warm and friendly hug.

“It was good to see you again, Estelle,” he said with a smile.

“You too. I had fun today, thanks.”

We said our goodbyes and I began to wander back to my hotel. I was starting to feel as though I'd genuinely made some friends in Finland. I knew, however, that the next 9 days would fly and in no time at all I'd be settling down in London.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! Mainly filler here, hope you're not too disappointed. Next chapter will be pretty fun though, Estelle goes partying with the Eyes!

Okay, really keen for comments, suggestions & feedback here! Thanks to those who commented last chapter, it means a lot. I'm hoping for a few more this time though, as always =)

Hope you enjoyed it.