Status: Active, seeking feedback.

Searching for Estelle.

Out for the Count

I rolled my eyes at Ville and opened my mouth to protest, but someone grabbed me from behind, making me squeal.

“Jussi!” I scolded with a laugh.

He just grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist. I'd noticed by now that he was a particularly cuddly being, which would usually make me uncomfortable but I was feeling especially relaxed tonight.

I frowned, noticing that my glass was empty.

“Drinks?” Jyrki suggested, possibly more psychic than I'd given him credit for.

Jussi spun me towards the bar and began leading me over, weaving through people and nearly tripping us up several times.

Another round of shots were ordered and quickly downed. Ville wasn't drinking and he just stood back watching with an amused expression on his face.

We followed those with our more sensible drinks and hung at the bar for a bit chatting and laughing. Timo was telling his wife and I some truly horrific jokes and I had tears running down my face from laughing at them. Alcohol made me easy to impress.

I decided to have a chat to Ville because I'd scarcely spoken to him all night. I excused myself and turned away from Timo and Niina. I scanned the bar and spotted Ville, I smiled and began to make my way towards him when I noticed he wasn't alone.

He was with a tall, thin blonde woman who I was sure I'd never seen before. She had her hand resting on his arm and was laughing enthusiastically. I stopped in my tracks and decided that it probably would have been in bad taste for me to interrupt them. I sighed softly and turned back away.

I spotted Jyrki standing alone, his phone in his hand and I decided to harass him instead. I snuck up behind him and poked him in the ribs, making him jump and then shake his head when he saw me. I responded with a grin and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Helloooooooo,” I greeted, stupid grin still on my face.

“Hello, darling. Did you want something?” he asked, an amused smirk on his face. He wrapped his arms around my small frame, holding me closer to him.

“Nope.”

We stood silently for a minute and I sighed.

“What's wrong?” Jyrki asked, running his fingers through my hair.

I shook my head. “Nothing.”

“Liar. Have you spoken to Ville tonight?”

I shook my head again. “Not really. I went to talk to him before, but he was talking to his girlfriend and I would have felt rude.”
“He doesn't have a girlfriend.”

“Oh. Well, random flirty chick, then. Either way I didn't want to cramp his style.”

Jyrki chuckled. “Ville's not exactly going to be over there trying to pick up if that's what you're thinking.”

I paused. “Why not? He could.”

“He's just not li- wait. Do you have the hots for Ville, darling?”

I blushed. “No!”

“Liar.”

I pulled away from Jyrki. “I am not lying. And you're completely ruining my good mood right now.”

He smiled at me. “Sorry. Feel like dancing?”

I grinned. “Thought you'd never ask.” I grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the dance floor.

I felt happy and free dancing with Jyrki. He was a surprisingly good dancer, and while we attracted attention it didn't bother me. We danced for awhile until he got approached by a fan who he then danced with and I happily continued on my own.

I lost myself in the music for a bit and began to dance with an attractive blonde man who'd come up to me. He said his name, but I didn't catch it and to be honest I wasn't particularly concerned. I was having fun.

“Let me buy you a drink?” he asked, putting a hand on the small of my back.

I bit my lip but then nodded. “Sure.”

We made our way to the bar and he ordered what I guessed was jager. I wasn't really sure. I drank it anyway though and tried to listen to him speak. He was rambling in a mixture of Finnish and English and my brain wasn't really dealing with the languages so well. We had a few more drinks and I spoke a little, trying to make out what he was saying.

I caught bits and pieces and realised with a start he was actually hitting on me. I began to get uncomfortable, especially when he put his hand back on my waist. I awkwardly stood up and excused myself.

I saw Ville from a distance and made a quick dash towards him, stumbling and very nearly face-planting on the way.

He caught me as I ended up next to him and raised an eyebrow.

“You okay?”

I nodded. “Yup, just clumsy.”
“Or drunk?” he suggest with a smile.

“No, of course not,” I argued.

He laughed. “Okay, I believe you. Have you had a good night?”

I nodded again, more enthusiastically this time. “Yeah, it's been great! I think I may need to sit for awhile, though...”

He laughed again and wrapped an arm around my waist, leading me back to the cushy VIP area that was filled with couches.

“Er..” he began awkwardly as we realised that quite a few of the couches were taken up by couples making out and generally being very public.

I giggled. “Wow. So this is what it's like to be a rockstar?”

Ville frowned. “Well, if it is, love, I've been doing it wrong for awhile.”

I giggled again, making Ville laugh. “Oh, look. There's a fornication free couch in the corner,” he said leading me towards it.

When we were there we both sat down and I sighed contentedly.

“These shoes are a bitch,” I complained, slipping my feet out of them.

“They're nice, though,” Ville replied, even going so far as to pick one up and admire it.

I gave him a weird look and shook my head. “You're secretly gay, aren't you?”

He laughed. “Only a little. I just appreciate a beautiful woman in a good pair of shoes.”

I dropped my gaze to my (bare) feet and mumbled “Well, who doesn't appreciate a beautiful woman.”

He smiled a little. “You're secretly gay, aren't you?” he said, mocking my earlier comment.

“Oh, ha ha,” I replied, rolling my eyes but smiling a little.

“I am quite the comedian,” he said with a cheeky grin. “But really, Estelle. You are very beautiful, you just don't see it.”

I dropped my gaze to my (bare) feet and blushed slightly. “Ugh, ignore me. Happy drunk Stella just got a little emo.”

He laughed. “Happens to the best of us. Stella? I don't think I've ever heard you referred to by that.”

I shook my head. “No, it's just Dani really. I wish she'd hurry up and get here.”

“Why? Aren't we good enough company?” Ville asked, smiling though.

“Yeah,” I closed my eyes “But when she gets here I won't have to try so damn hard to be interesting enough to hang out with.” I felt myself start to get sleepy and leaned slightly so my head was against Ville's arm.

He moved his arm and wrapped it around my shoulders, allowing me to curl into him.

“I hope I'm not too comfortable. Don't want you passing out on me,” he said jokingly.

“I won't,” I murmured, not even trying to fight my eyes from closing.

I felt Ville stroke my hair lazily and I was out for the count.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, guys! I'm still pretty sick & have been working a lot so no time for writing. I did pump this out tonight though, and all going well should have something more for you tomorrow.
I hope you don't find this too terrible. I'm not sure how I feel about it but I didn't want to make it all drunk and dramatic, so I decided this was a nice way to get where I wanted to be.

Let me know what you think, please! I still haven't heard from around half of my subscribers, so feedback would be amazing! As always, thanks to those who commented last chapter. If there's any errors/massive mistakes let me know, because I'm not feeling so well so it's possible I've missed something.