Status: Active, seeking feedback.

Searching for Estelle.

Deja Vu

A loud, sharp ringing noise roused me from my deep slumber and I woke with a start. I reached for my phone, which was next to me and pressed the answer button.

I tried to speak, but my mouth and throat were so dry that all that came out was a strangled noise from the back of my throat.

“Estelle?” A rich, deep, velvety voice flooded my ears. It would have been pleasant if it weren't at an ear shattering volume.

“Mmm?” I winced as my own voice echoed in my ears.

“Are you okay?” Jyrki's voice was full of concern.

“Yeah...” I could speak again. “I just woke up, that's all.”

“Ohhh,” he laughed “You're hungover.”

Some vague memories of the night before came flooding back. “No way... I only had like, three drinks at most.”

Jyrki roared with laughter at that comment. “I think it was more like thirty, darling.”

I groaned and leaned back in to my pillows. “To be honest, I'm not even sure how I got back to the hotel.”

“Ville.”

I flushed scarlet, wondering what kind of an idiot I'd managed to make of myself.

“Oh dear,” I sighed, rubbing my forehead and trying to ease some of the pain that was thumping in my head.

“Did you have a good night, though?” Jyrki asked.

“Yeah, it was good fun,” I said, uncertainly.

“Are you sure? You don't sound like you had fun.”

“No, I did... I'm just a bit concerned I've made an idiot of myself. I tend to. It's why I don't drink very often.”

“You were fine, Estelle. You were very, very funny in fact. Jussi particularly enjoyed drinking and dancing with you.”

I felt my heart skip a beat. “I danced? Oh, God. I danced,” I groaned.

Jyrki laughed again. “Don't be so worried about what everyone thought, you had fun and you didn't do anything stupid.”

“Sure, sure,” I said with a sigh “I feel disgusting. What time is it?”

“Eleven.”
“Why are you ringing so early? Shouldn't you be hungover too?” I asked with a frown.

“No and I wanted to make sure you got home okay. I did not drink anywhere near as much as the rest of you. Certainly not as much absinthe.”

I groaned, remembering the absinthe. “I must have had like a half dozen shots of that.”

“Yeah, you and Jussi both. You held it well though. You didn't throw up, that's something.”

“I'm Australia, Jyrki. I can handle my booze. What time did you end up getting home?” I asked, still not sure what time I'd gotten back or even how, really.

“About three. Didn't sleep until much later though, I had good company,” he said, slyly.

“What?” I asked, confused before I realised what he meant “Oh, Christ, Jyrki. I didn't really need to know that.”

He laughed. “Oh, come on. It's not like I gave you graphic details.”

“Thank God for that. I'm feeling nauseous enough as it is.”

“It's not that disgusting. Well, actually one of them was a bit weird.”

“One of them?” I asked, incredulous “You really are a manwhore, aren't you?”

“No, just a rockstar,” He said and I could just imagine the smug grin on his face.

I giggled and regretted it as a sharp pain shot through my head. “Ugh. If you're so exhausted, shouldn't you be asleep now?”

“I just got home. I'll have a bat-nap soon, just wanted to check in with you first.”

I blushed. “I'm a big girl, Jyrks. No need to worry about me.”

“Actually, you're tiny,” he said, a smart-arse tone in his voice. There was a pause for a minute. “You've never called me that before.”

I blushed again, a little embarrassed at my uncharacteristic use of an affectionate nickname. “Sorry.”

“Don't be sorry,” he said, and I'd swear I could hear a smile in his voice “Just means you like me.”

I laughed. “True, I guess I've become fond of the lot of you.”

“Oh, thanks for making me feel really special, darling.”

“Sorry,” I said with a giggle. “You're my favourite?”

“Better,” he said “Want to hang out later? We still haven't really talked and I want to follow up on something we discussed last night.”
I was thoughtful for a moment. “Does it involve more alcohol?”

Jyrki laughed. “Definitely not.”

“Then I'm in.”

“Great, now I need sleep. I suggest you do the same. I'll text you later.”

“Mmm,” I said with a yawn “That sounds good.”

“Alright. Bye, darling. Take care.”

“Bye, Jyrks,” I said sleepily before hanging up and drifting back off to sleep.

Just as I'd dozed off once again a knocking on my door made me sit up with a start.

I groaned and threw my covers off. I noticed I was wearing pyjamas. I wasn't sure how that'd happened and I prayed to God that Ville hadn't had anything to do with it.

I ambled slowly over to the door, feeling a surge of dislike for whoever was on the other side of the door.

I opened it with a sigh to reveal Ville, smiling sheepishly and holding two very large coffees.

“Morning?” he said, hesitantly.

“Morning,” I smiled, a slight blush colouring my cheeks as I realised this was the second time he'd caught me in my pyjamas.

“How're you feeling?” he asked, standing awkwardly just outside the door.

“Fine,” I lied, motioning for him to come in. He did so and held one of the coffees out to me.

“Thought you could use it. And it seemed to work as a peace offering last time I woke you up.”

I smiled. “Coffee always works. Thank you.”

I bit my lip, not really sure what to say.

“Did I wake you up?” Ville asked, looking guilty.

“Not really,” I said “I was just about to doze off again.”

“Oh, I'm really sorry,” he said, shaking his head “I seem to have a bad habit of doing that. I can go if you want to sleep some more.”

“No!” I replied, much too quickly and much too loudly. I blushed. “Don't. I'm not tired. Or hungover. I am dirty though.” I blushed some more. “No, I mean I need a shower. I'm not dirty. Not really, anyway. I'm going to shut up and take a quick shower if that's okay. Just, um. Make yourself comfortable. Or something. I'm sorry.” I said. I may not be vomiting from my hangover, but I was definitely producing some serious word-vomit.

Ville chuckled and sat down in the chair that was in front of the desk. “Take your time, love.”

I smiled and gathered some clothes and headed for the bathroom. Once inside, with the door locked I fought the urge to bang my head against the wall for being such an idiot. I thought my already aching head might explode if I did, so I settled for a very hot shower instead.

The steaming hot water cascaded over my body, making my hangover fade significantly and lessening the gross, boozy feel I had. I dressed for comfort in some jeans and my favourite hoodie. Ville had now seen me in my pyjamas (twice) and was possibly even responsible for putting me in them once; I felt he wouldn't be offended by this get-up.

I did, however, take the time to dry my hair a little and brush on a tiny amount of make-up which gave me the impression of being much more alert than I actually was.

I left the bathroom to find Ville sitting in the chair, eyes closed and listening to an iPod. I realised it was my iPod and began to get a little uncomfortable. The thought of one of my favourite musicians judging my music collection was a little unnerving.

He opened his eyes and noticed me standing there and pulled the headphones from his ears.

“Sorry. It was sitting on the desk, I couldn't help myself. You have very good taste in music, love,” he explained with a sheepish grin.

I blushed. “It's fine. Thanks.”

I sat awkwardly on the edge of the bed. There was silence for a minute before Ville spoke.

“I like your hoodie,” he said with a grin.

I looked down and laughed at my well-loved Nightmare Before Christmas hoodie.

“Thanks, I've pretty much had it forever. It's my favourite movie,” I said with a smile.

“Mine too.”

I looked up, surprised. “Really? I wouldn't have picked that.”

“I mainly watch horror movies, though. Well, that and porn,” he said with a cheeky grin.

I blushed a little and laughed.

“I hate horror movies,” I said with a shudder.

He raised an eyebrow. “Not porn though?”

I blushed scarlet. “That's not what I meant.”

He laughed. “Sorry,” he apologised “I'm not used to people who are shy about sex and stuff. My family owns a sex shop, so it's pretty much dinner conversation for us. I even used to work there.”

I laughed. “My parents run a dairy farm. Dinner conversation at my place was about cheese.”

Ville screwed up his nose. “Yuck. I hate cheese.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to cut it there because it was just getting too long...

Thank you for your kind comments last chapter, guys! Still at the point where only a third of my subscribers have commented... That bums me out a little, because it makes me feel like two thirds of you aren't enjoying it? So, please, please, PLEASE let me know what you think =P

Thanks for reading!