Status: Active, seeking feedback.

Searching for Estelle.

A Sweet Offer

Ville and I walked into the now crowded bar. We spotted Mige at a table off to the side, far enough out of sight for it not to be too noticeable by mutual fans of the two bands. I wondered if he'd selected it for that reason or if it had been specifically set up for them. I got my answer as I moved closer and saw it was slightly partitioned off and flanked by another burly security guard.

We began to make our way over to him, Ville keeping a grip on my arm the whole time. It was a sweet gesture because I was so clumsy that falling over was nearly inevitable. It was also kind of annoying though, because it prevented me from doing a runner when people began to recognise Ville and start staring.

He politely spoke to those that approached him, but didn't linger too long before continuing over to Mige. He pulled my chair out for me, ever the gentleman, and I thanked him, a slight blush rising to my cheeks. Mige had a slight pink tinge to his, as well, but I suspected that was more due to beer than embarrassment.

“Crowded,” he remarked, looking at the mass of people in front of the stage.

“Yeah, should be a good show,” Ville replied before disappearing.

Mige frowned after him before turning to me.

“So, Estelle.”

I swallowed nervously, feeling as though I were about to be interrogated. “Yes?”

“How do you know the Eyes?”

I recounted my tale to him, exactly as I had to Ville earlier; with a lot of blushing and rambling. I was never going to get the hang of conversing with strangers.

Mige roared with laughter when I told him about my very literal run-in with Jussi and I felt myself gradually begin to relax. He began telling me about how the two bands first met and that a lot of fans were begging them for a combined tour, but they didn't know if it would come off. I listened intently, absorbing every word. Mige was hilarious and I soon had tears running down my face. His friendly personality was infectious. He and Dani would get on like a house on fire.

“Enough about me. What do you do?” he asked, picking up his beer and taking a long drink.

“Well, I was editing at a publishing company in Australia, but I've decided to spend some time overseas working on my writing,” I answered, fiddling with a beer coaster.

“You're a writer?” asked a surprised voice behind me, making me jump.

Ville chuckled, sitting a glass down in front of me before sitting down, a redbull in his hand.

“It's just coke,” he said “I noticed you weren't really drinking.”

I smiled. “Thanks.”

“Ah, so you're a sober one like Ville then?” Mige asked, draining his own glass.

“No, not as a rule. I just don't always feel comfortable drinking,” I explained.

Mige grinned. “I bet you'd be a funny drunk.”

Ville laughed at that and I blushed. It's true, according to Dani I was hilarious when I'd been drinking, but they didn't need to know that.

At that moment the lights in the bar dimmed further and the crowd began to cheer. I eagerly turned my attention to the stage.

The stage lighting came on dimly, just showing the shadows of the five men and their instruments on stage. Jyrki had his back to the crowd and as the intro to 'Perfect Skin' played he spun around, striking a sort of Elvis-esque pose before beginning to sing.

“You've got a perfect skin...”

I was mesmerised for the entire set. From Jyrki's showmanship to Jussi's energetic drum solos, the show was spectacular. I was so rapt up in it that it seemed to fly by.

After the guys had played their encore, which was 'Wings & Hearts', Bazie having won the argument, the lights came up again in the bar and Ville turned to me.

“Enjoy it?”

“Yes! It was great, even better than I'd expected.”

“Not as good as HIM, though,” he replied with a cheeky wink, making me laugh. Mige just nodded in agreement, grinning.

“Well, until I've seen you guys play I'll have to reserve judgement,” I answered with a smile.

“Just you wait until Rusirock, then!” Ville replied, standing up. I followed suit.

“Oh! That's right,” I answered. I'd forgotten that both bands were playing the festival. I just couldn't wait.

He frowned. “Hmmm, if you'd forgotten that we're playing the festival I don't like our chances of winning you over as a fan.”

I blushed, shaking my head. “I already am a fan, just a very vague one.”

He laughed and held his arm out again. “Shall we?”

I smiled and linked my arm back through his and the three of us made our way back to the green room to find Jyrki and the others.

Ville paused outside the door and turned to me, saying with a mock-serious look on his face “I apologise for anything you hear, see or smell. Backstage after a gig is no place for a lady.”
I screwed my nose up but couldn't help but laugh.

“He's not kidding,” Mige said, pretending to gag.

When we walked in the guys were all chatting and laughing loudly as they dried off and rehydrated.

As soon as he spotted us, Jussi ran up and enveloped me in a very enthusiastic hug.

“Eeeeew,” I laughed “Now I'm all gross and sweaty!”

He just grinned at me. “Did you like our show?”

I nodded enthusiastically. “Yes, it was amazing!” I answered, gushing just a little bit.

The boys didn't seem to mind the ego boost though and thanked me.

“Be careful,” Archzie warned “You'll give Jyrki an even bigger ego.”

I giggled before replying, “Oh dear, that's a scary thought!”

Jyrki pretended to be offended and shook his head. “I don't think it's fair that I invite you to our show to meet the band and hang out with us and you join in on making fun of me! Very rude of you, Estelle!” he said with a slight smile.

I shook my head. “I know, us kids these days, right?” I said cheekily.

All of the guys laughed at that.

“And now you're making fun of my age?” Jyrki asked “That shyness of yours is just an act, isn't it?”

I blushed and he laughed.

“I guess it's not.”

Once the guys had tidied up and gotten changed out of their sweaty stage-clothes they decided to head into the bar for a drink. It was still pretty early and they were more than happy to mingle with the fans, especially female ones.

We were all seated around a table and the bartender kept the drinks up and I sat back, just enjoying watching them muck around. I was sitting next to Bazie and I chatted to him a little, pleasantly surprised that all the guys were as friendly and as welcoming as Jyrki had been.

A couple of female fans wandered over and began to chat to Jyrki and Ville. Jyrki was happy to flirt with the girl but Ville was nothing more than friendly. I noticed one of them glaring at me and I began to feel uncomfortable. I heard her mutter something to her friend and the only word I caught was 'slut'. None of the guys seemed to notice and I wished I hadn't.

I took that as my cue to leave. It was getting late enough anyway and I wanted to do a bit of sightseeing tomorrow, I told myself. I knew, however, that I was letting the girl's cold attitude get to me.

I began to gather my things and Bazie noticed, asking “You're not leaving are you?”

I smiled. “Yes, I've got some things I want to see tomorrow so I don't really want to be out too late.”

I stood up, gaining the other guys attention too. I smiled awkwardly. “Thank you so much for a really fun night, it's been amazing. I'm going to head off now though.”

Jyrki stood up and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, which just made the girl glare harder. He whispered “I'm glad you had fun tonight, darling. It was nice to see you come out of that shell a bit.”

When the other guys all began to follow suit I thought she might explode. She was jealous. There was no other way to say it.

Fortunately for her, I had no interest in threatening her aim, which I strongly suspected was spending the night with Jyrki. I didn't doubt that she would achieve it either, because he seemed responsive. I took no issue with it, they were both grown adults and why shouldn't Jyrki indulge in the perks of being a rock star?

I also found the irony of her calling me a slut while hitting on a man she didn't know with only one aim a little funny.

Ville came over to me. “Where are you staying?”

I told him the name of my hotel and he was surprised.

“Oh, that's not far away at all. It's a nice night, I'll walk you back?”

“Oh, no. You don't have to. Stay. I can make it back on my own. I could've walked here, but someone,” I glanced at Jyrki, “Insisted on getting me a taxi.”

Jyrki chuckled. “I couldn't risk something happening to you on your way to the gig, could I? I couldn't live with it. Ville, walk her back.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but Ville just saluted Jyrki before helping me into my coat.

“Don't argue, sweetheart. I'm ready to leave anyway and we can chat some more.”

I smiled, blushing a little and said goodbye to the boys once more, promising that we'd catch up soon.

I was actually looking foorward to chatting with Ville on the way back to the hotel, so I guess in a way, I had to thank the rude bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, more Estelle =) I can't help but love her a little bit.
Right. Let's talk comments. I have 22 subscribers but it's typically the same 3 people commenting each chapter, with a few random comments thrown in now and again. I greatly appreciate their feedback. I'm not going to hold chapters ransom for comments or stop writing or anything; I enjoy it far too much! But I am a little disappointed that no one else is offering any feedback because if you don't I a) have no idea if you're actually reading it & b) know whether it's any good. So, please help me out guys? =)
Anyway, thanks for reading and the next one is just about done and will be up tomorrow!