Fire Guys

Run Away?

‘Coke, orange, water, tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?’ Grunted the miserable waitress. I ordered a hot chocolate, Mia got an orange, and Oswald got tea. ‘With milk, but not sugar please.’ He added, politely. Without sugar!? Crazy. ‘wortevaaa.’ She growled. I swear I heard Oswald say something…well…rather nasty. Well, I have to admit, she wasn’t the nicest waitress in the world. We had just stopped off at a café, for a drink and a bite to eat. We had been in the car for about an hour and 20 minutes, and my bum was quite numb. We were half an hour away from the hotel we were staying at that night, and needed refreshing. The hotel (La Hotel Crôntè) was 15 minutes away from where the concert was playing. I glanced at my watch. It was 5:07. The concert started at 7:15. Suddenly, my mobile rang; it was dad, probably checking that I was ok. ‘Hi Lea, hope your ok, but have you any idea where Adele is? She’s been gone all day, won’t pick up her phone, and she did say she would be back by 2. Maybe I’m being a little over protective, but something’s been up with her lately. I know that she’s old enough to look after herself, but…I love her. I don’t want to lose her like I lost your mother.’ He sounded worried and sad. I said that I’d try her mobile, as I didn’t know where she was. I tried to get through to her, but her phone was switched off. Oh god. What if something had happened in the shower, like ages a go? What had she been doing? Right now, I really didn’t care about the stupid concert, the stupid band, or anything any more. I just hoped Adele was ok…

It was only when we were sat in the car again (after a watery hot chocolate, a stale tea bag and an orange juice as think as porridge) that I realised something strange. How did Ray answer Adele’s mobile, when she had left it in her room this morning, and how did dad know Adele said she would be back by 2? I called dad an asked him this. He said that, he had popped to the post office to get a newspaper at about 12, and when he came back, there was a note on the table. It said: ‘Hi dad, just came back to get my mobile, be back by 2 @ the latest, addy xx’ But she still wasn’t back. There was a knot in my stomach, and I thought of all the possible things that could have happened to her. I suddenly felt so sick. Maybe it was because of the stale tea cakes from the café, or the fact that no-one seemed to know where Adele was. Probably both. I had filled in Mia on everything that had happened. ‘Look, at the right! That’s our hotel! Wow, it looks really posh!’ exclaimed Mia. It did look very grand. Oswald parked the car, and we checked into the hotel. The woman behind the counter looked really pretty and was very friendly. We went up to out room, 122. We unlocked the door, and our hotel room smelt of nice clean fresh linen. I led down on the bed by the open window and felt the breeze. I got up, and we all unpacked our things. Mia’s dad had a hotel room next door to ours. He said that we could get ready, and that there was food in our little mini private fridge. We had some chicken strips, and some coke. Then, we got changed, did our hair, and our make-up. Mia had a red lacy top on, and a short black and red chequered pleated skirt. I had a pair of black skinny jeans on, and a deep blue top. We had done our make-up and we both looked really good. It was 6:15, and we were going to leave soon. No sign of Adele. What happened? OMG! She’s still not back! I felt weak and dizzy. Why was she crying the other night? Did she know this was going to happen? Did she maybe run away with ray, like she wanted? I went into the bath room. Kneeled over, and threw up, messily into the toilet. It splashed all over my clothes, face and hair. Now I was all freshened up for the concert, ‘cause everyone wants to go out with a girl that smells like puke, and has sick all over her, don’t they?

Tell dad I’m fine. Me & Ray r @ the fox guy club, be back @ ‘bout 12ish @ least. I wont drink or smoke or take drugs, I have responsibilities. Bye x
And that was the text from Adele! She was alright! Phew!