Troubles

Car

“It's just over there,” I say and point at the door to an apartment complex that I know is unlocked. I've slept under the staircase once when the shelter was full. At least now I can use it to look like I actually am going home to someone.

Gerard easily parallel parks in the empty space in front of the door and kills the engine.

“Alright. Thanks for the ride,” I say and bend back to grab my bag from the backseat.

“Wait,” Gerard suddenly exclaims and I freeze in the middle of retrieving my bag. I stare at him, our faces relatively close considering my twisted spine.
“Uhm,” he says as he stares right back at me. Slowly, I move so that I'm sitting correctly in my seat again, my face moving away from his a bit.

He stares at me for a few seconds more, before he averts his eyes and grabs the wheel again.

“See you Monday,” he suddenly croaks.
I frown at him.

“Are you okay?”

“Yep,” he says and looks over his shoulder to check traffic. I quickly open the door before he forgets to let me out and just drives off again.
“Bye.” He turns and smiles at me.

“Bye,” I say hesitantly, then get out of the car. As soon as I've slammed the door shut, he takes off into the heavy traffic and disappears around the corner.
What the fuck just happened?
Well, at least I can walk straight to the shelter and get a good bed for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I think this chappy was shorter than the last one, but I'm kinda proud of it, so I hope you like it.
The reason for my update is not only the long wait for the previous chappy, but also for the fact that you are so fucking awesome! I give you a short, semi-crappy chappy, and you still praise me with your wonderful words.
You truly warm my heart, and therefore, you get this chappy. And the next one. And every chappy in this story after this chappy. Because this story; it's for you!
Thank you!!
And then, we've reached the number 69 on the commenting board. Always a good reason to update. =D