Troubles

Class

I sit in English and wait for the teacher as well as the rest of the students. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes. The final warning bell rang just a second ago. People are starting to file in and find their seats. I'm already in mine, no water by my side.

Mikey comes walking in. I sit up straight and smile at him, hoping he's forgiven me.

He doesn't look at me.

He sits down in his assigned seat two desks away and leans his head in his hand, conveniently so it blocks his view of me.

Great! I just lost 4 friends.

The teacher walks in and starts her class.

Well, fine. I can get by on my own. I can get by without 4 privileged brats forcing me to spend my money on things I don't want or need to spent them on. I can get by without friends.

-----

I missed my bus. It's Friday, it's raining and it's cold as hell. My only jacket is soaked already from standing by the bus stop and waiting for 10 minutes. I spot the next bus down the road and graze the few money I've got in my pocket. I found 25 cents in one of the bathrooms at school, and now I have to give it up along with 2 dollars. If I don't find more money, I'll have to walk to school tomorrow.

Not that there's much to come for anymore. Without friends, school seems pointless right now. The only reason I still go is because I can't get a decent job without a high school education. At least I could be more than just a janitor or a busboy if I have a high school diploma.

I step onto the bus, moving slowly like all the others ahead of me, toss my precious money in the machine and grab the ticket it spits out.

It's a long way to Newark, but sometimes I really wish I had the time to just walk there. It sometimes takes me 2 whole weeks to save up 5 bucks so I can hold my girl. Right now, she seems to be the only thing in my life that I can count on – that I have, at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just love updating! =D