Troubles

Bus Stop - Newark

“So, just come to the shop after school. I'll have something for you to do,” Brian says and digs into his pocket. He pulls out his wallet, and from that he pulls out a 10. He hands it to me.

“Do you need more than this for bus fairs?” he asks and frowns. I quickly shake my head. He nods and forces the bill into my hand.

“Bye.” He turns around and walks away quickly. I'm about to look down at the bill in my palm, but then Brian quickly turns around and comes storming back towards me. He stops right in front of me and points at my nose.

“Do you pay for your lunch at school?” I look confused. It's all I can do. I have no time to think in between Brian's rants.

“You do,” he says and pulls his wallet out of his pocket. He shakes his head.

“Of course you do. I remember high school. They charged so damn much for lunch, I had to beg my parents for a raise in my allowance. They didn't give me lunch money, you know.” He shoves another 10 into my hand.

“See you later,” he says, turns around and storms off. I'm left at the bus stop with 20 dollars in my hands, feeling like a millionaire. I look down at the bills. I feel like crying. It's been almost 7 months since I held this much money in my hands. It was after my mom had left. She gave me 30 dollars – half of what she owned – and told me I'd be better off without her. I wasn't.

I break out of my thoughts and walk over to the bus. I ask for a ticket to Belleville and the driver announces the price. I give him one of the 10-dollar bills. I feel guilty. Those are Brian's money, and I did nothing to deserve them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't stop updating this story.

I can't focus on my exam either, so I focused on another one and finished what I had planned to do for the day, so I figured, why not award myself with a bit of love from y'all, since you always leave such beautiful comments after I've updated. =D

And thank you for reading my one-shot. =D If you want to and have the time, please; check out a few of my other one-shots? I've now made them a collection. =D (I never knew I had so many... 41, holy F!)
You'll notice there are two Christmas-one-shots in there. =D