Troubles

Window

It's typical how you forget everything, just when you need it. Right now, we could really use a phone, but Mikey left his in his bag, which he left in his locker.

I forgot my bag in the hallway, just outside the locked door. Not that there's a phone in it or anything useful, but still.

So here we are, locked up with nothing to do. Mikey found a stack of blank papers in a drawer and one pencil. At first, we played hangman. Then Mikey just tore up the paper and made confetti. After that, we competed in who's paper plain could fly the furthest.

Right now, we're just bored.

We haven't talked about earlier. We haven't discussed Gerard or how Mikey feels about the whole thing. We haven't talked about me either. I'm not sure I want to.

As he said it himself; he's my best friend, and then he has to find out from someone else that I don't have a home. At least he was there when I found out that my mom-

I get up from one of the student chairs and walk over to the window. We're on the second floor, so we can't even crawl out of it. There's no one in the front of the school, so we can't yell out the windows for them to get us out.

We're trapped.

My mom pops back into my head. At my first day of high school, she dropped me off outside. We had a car back then. We had a house. We had a life, really. We were a family and we loved each other, and yet, I was still furious at my mom for not stopping at the corner like I had told her. Even though she didn't kiss me goodbye or acted uncool in any way, I still felt embarrassed.

There are so many things that I regret now. When dad left us, I should've been there for her more. I should have gotten a job and helped her with the shopping. I should have talked to her every night to make sure that she was okay; that we were okay.

When she insisted we'd split up, I should have refused. I should've stayed with her, even though it meant that people would find out and I would get kicked out of school and lost my friends and...

Even though it all could've been bad, at least I would have had my mother. I could still have her.

“Frank?” Mikey asks and pulls me out of my thoughts. I blink my eyes, causing my cheeks to tickle and itch. I hadn't even noticed I was crying; not until now.

Mikey sighs beside me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I know he's never been one for making too much physical contact, but I push that knowledge aside and hug him anyways. I wrap my arms around his chest and grab onto his shoulders from behind. I sob once, but try to pull myself together after that. I know how uncomfortable Mikey gets when people are sad. He once told me that he ran to his room because Gerard had hit his head and was crying. But he was 7 back then, and right now, I need my friend; I just need someone to comfort me.

And despite all I think he might do – push me away, run to the other side of the room and start singing This Little Light of Mine – he just does what I need him to do:

“It'll be okay,” he whispers and strokes my back. Even though I try hard not to, I can't help but sob. I know he can't necessarily keep his promises, but the fact that he's making them is enough for me to feel comforted.
“I'm here for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorta short.
More to come this weekend when my vacation starts! =D