Troubles

Out

After fifth period and a lot of knocking on the door, we were finally let out. We were sent straight to see the principle, but he just brushed it off as a teacher's mistake and let us off the hook.

We walked to our locker without saying a word to each other. We still haven't said one word.
The warning bell rings.

“I've gotta get to geometry. See you after?” Mikey asks.

“Uhm,” I say, hesitating to blatantly turn him down, but I have no choice.
“No.” Mikey looks surprised.
“I don't have sixth today. I have to go back to Newark.” Mikey still looks surprised; taken aback.

“Why? Back to the-” Thankfully, he stops himself.
“You can come home with me, you know. Stay a night. You don't have to go back to Newark.”

“No, it's okay,” I quickly interrupt him. I smile briefly, trying to ease the situation.
“I'm staying at a friend's.” When Mikey just keeps looking confused and not saying anything, I just continue:
“His name is Brian. He owns the music store I was talking about. He's letting me sleep on his couch for a little while,” I say, sounding relieved. I know why I'm so relieved, but I don't know why I consider it less of a bother for Brian to have me staying than for the Ways. Maybe it's the fact that I'm sleeping on his couch and not taking his bed, like I took Mikey's. Or maybe it's the fact that Donna and Donald already have two teenage boys to control, while Brian is more of a teenage boy himself. Or, well, not exactly; he is an adult, but he has the heart of a teenager. Sort of.

I don't know how to explain it, really.

“Oh, cool,” Mikey says, smiling awkwardly. He looks happy for me, but I can still see the bit of disappointment that he's trying to hide. I know him too well. He's disappointed. The way the corners of his eyes are sorta pointing down is a clear sign. Gerard has the same characteristic.

I look away from Mikey's eyes and think it over.

Gerard was disappointed when I said I'm not the kind of person who falls in love. His face was blank, but the corners of his eyes were pointing down.

The bell rings.

“Shit. Gotta go. Call me, okay?” he says, not waiting for an answer before he runs down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filly.
Wow, it's a long time since I've used that word. =D

So, Christmas is upon us. Well, to me, it has been for 22 days already, but soon, it will be that evening we've all been waiting for that, for some, will continue into the early morning.

Anywho, I'm kinda proud of the next chappy, so I will denifately be updating before Christmas Eve. =D Christmas presents, thou all shall have!

Anyway, snow storm is on the way here and my TV is out. Gotta go try and fix. See you soon!

Oh, and thank you to xXMCR-AddictXx (which, I think, we all are) and everyone else for catching up! You're awesome! =D