Troubles

Nature

I didn't have enough money for a bus ticket this morning, so I had to walk all the way to school. It's a good 6 miles, so I had to get up when it was still dark out, but I don't mind. Right now, the sun is rising to my right. I've almost walked into a four lampposts from being too distracted by the beauty of nature.

Just an hour ago, I was twisting my neck in every direction to see if anyone was following me or wanted to jump me, but now... Wow.

I accidentally step in a puddle and my shoe gets soaked. The water immediately seeps through to my sock and my toes are now wet.

I growl, but look to my right again to see the sun rise. I can't stay mad. Not at anything.
When I reach the school, I couldn't care less that I'm about to spend 7 hours inside an old building with a bunch of kids that I hate and only a few that I like. The sun has stung my eyes and when I walk inside the dark halls, it's still shining. I can't see anything because of it.

I walk towards my locker blindly, bumping into a few people. It's like the sun has also deafened me, because the words they call me peel right off my back.

I finally find my locker.

“Hey, Frank,” Ray says and ruffles my hair up. I laugh up at his very bright face – sure, he's smart, but the sun is still stinging and blinding my eyes.

“Hi, Ray.” I grab a book out of my locker and stare at it for a while. Finally, my sight goes back to somewhat normal and I see that I've grabbed the wrong book.

I hear Ray call for Mikey, so I assume Gerard is here too. What I don't assume is Gerard on the floor when I turn around after having stuffed the right books in my bag.

“Wow. You alright, Gerard?” Ray asks, laughing a little, as he helps him up.

Gerard quickly glances up at me through his black curtain of hair, then looks down at himself and dusts off his clothes. They're not even dirty.

“Y-yeah,” he stutters and whispers. I frown at him.

“You sure?” I ask. He's usually so outgoing and loud. Being quiet isn't him, and stuttering is just the exact opposite of him.

“Sure,” he says a little louder, but still very quiet. He glances up at me through his hair, this time a little longer. He's flushed. His entire face is red. Is he sick?

Suddenly the warning bell goes off, and he jumps about a foot in the air. Sure, I was shocked by the bell too, but not that much. I can't help but giggle at him.

“See you at lunch,” he quickly mumbles, before he runs off – in the complete opposite direction of his next class.

“Where's he going? We have trig,” Ray asks dumbfounded. I just shake my head and close my locker. I'll never understand that kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I'm sick as fuck. Thank you so much for reading!