Troubles

Canteen

I throw myself into a chair next to Mikey and let my bag slide down my leg and onto the floor. It lands with a loud thumb. I close my eyes, slide down in the seat and lean my head on the backrest.

As if walking for an hour and 20 minutes this morning wasn't enough exercise, the gym teacher just had to make us do a random running test. I'm exhausted! Fuck Cooper!

“You not getting any lunch?” Mikey asks. I mentally search through my pockets, trying to remember whether or not I've got any money, when I come to the conclusion that I don't. Well, I have 2 dollars in my jacket in my locker, but since I'm too tired to get up, get them and buy something to eat, I'll just leave them where they are. And by doing that, I'm only 3 dollars away from a jam-session with my favorite girl.

“Nah,” I answer, then let go of my bag and fold my hands over my empty stomach.

“Gee!” Mikey screams and I jump at his outburst. I scowl at him, but his attention is far from me. I look over his shoulder to see Ray and Gerard smiling our way. Gerard looks away immediately after I look at him. I just close my eyes again, relax and try to regain some energy. I probably won't regain very much, considering I've only eaten a bagel today and won't be eating anything for lunch, but I'll be fine. I've dealt with worse.
“Hi, guys,” Mikey says – less screamish – and a few chairs screech.

“Hi,” Gerard says quietly – shyly. I open one eye to try and figure out why he's suddenly so timid. He smiles at me, his entire face flushed, and holds a sandwich out towards me.

I open both eyes and lift my head off the backrest.

“Here,” he whispers, glancing down at the food in his hands. I frown at it, then at him.
“I figured you'd forgotten your wallet again,” he says with a shrug. He's still smiling. I don't get it. Is this pity? Or is he trying to tell me something; like that I'm poor or something? Do I look poor? Are my clothes really that bad? Do I smell that bad? I just showered. I honestly don't get him. He's acting so weird lately.

His smiles drops suddenly, and he places the sandwich on the table in front of me.

“Whatever,” he mumbles, before he bends over his food and starts eating.

I sit up straight.

“Thanks,” I say quickly, frowning at him, at the sandwich, and then at him again. He won't look at me.

I unwrap the sandwich and eat away – enjoying every bite. Fuck, that's good!
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wrote about 2-3 more chappies for this in under an hour, so I figured I could give you one, free of charge. ;)
Thank you for your incredible comments! They fuel me. =D