Status: Contest entry; Complete

You Will Find Someone

Scream My Lungs Out, and Try To Get You

The sun was setting over the lake in front of us; the colours of the sky all blending together. My eyes watched the bright orb slowly descend behind the horizon.

I looked down at the girl in my arms.

She looked up at me with a toothy grin.

“And what’s got you smiling so much?” I asked her light-heartedly.
Her smile grew, “Just…just..everything! Things just seem to be working out. ”
I tightened my grip around her waist, pulling her closer to me. I whispered into her ear, “I agree.”

This girl was finally mine. She was all mine. After years of dreaming of this moment, and thousands of wishes on stars, she really was mine.

She leaned her head onto my chest, and I took a deep breath. My mind wandered; thoughtlessly at first before taking me into a time I knew well;

The room seemed to be cold. Cold walls, cold lighting, cold emotions.

The thundering of the wind and pounding rain of the storm outside echoed through-out the nearly silent room.

Jazlyn’s eyes filled with more tears. “I, I just ca-can’t believe th-that h-he did this.” She hiccoughed as she spoke.
“It’s okay,” I cooed, “He wasn’t worth it.”

He really wasn’t worth her tears. She had been dating him for about a year. And she was head over heels for him. It just happened that he couldn’t keep it in his pants; she walked in on him cheating. And that brought us to our present situation.

My best friend seemed to be destined to heartbreak. It tore me apart. She was the perfect girl, one that any person would be lucky to have.

The girl I wish I had.

But I didn’t.

I was broken out of my thoughts by Jaz’s soft voice –still choked up, “I love you.” Her head was tilted up so her eyes met with mine.
“Whaa-?”
She cut me off, “As a best friend,” She quickly caught herself, “I love you as a best friend Blake.” Jaz gave me a saddened smile before resting her head back on my chest.


I snapped back into reality by a similar scene, “I love you,” Jazlyn whispered into my chest.

This time, I knew she meant it the same way I felt it; the same way I’ve been meaning since I can remember.

Things really did seem to be working out.
♠ ♠ ♠
391 words.

Tell me what you think, :)