Status: Contest entry; Complete

You Will Find Someone

I Let go, There's Just No One, No One Like You

This was not me.

I knew it, and everyone around me did too.

Jazlyn and I have been broken up for nearly a week, and I was still feeling that initial heartbreak. I knew I wouldn’t be getting over this anytime soon. Hell, maybe I never would.

I was walking around lifeless; a body without a soul.

And the worst thing?
There was nothing I could do about it.

Jaz had already moved on from her heartbreak, getting back together with her teenage heartthrob.

I sighed, stuffing my earphones into my ears, the melody of “Only One” by Yellowcard played, relating to my situation perfectly. My body moved from it’s spot on the sofa. I walked numbly over to my front door; pulling on my shoes and jacket before leaving my home.

My old home.
There was nothing homey about this place anymore; it seemed cold, almost trying to get rid of me; deeping my previous situation simply.

I exited my apartment, walking down the stairs. My hair was blown into my face by the strong wind, practically sweeping me off of my feet. I walked though; I continued to walk.

Eventually, I reached my destination. The beauty of this city; a highpoint, literally. It was almost a cliff, overlooking a beautiful oversized lake. I stood for a few moments, taking in the beauty of my surroundings.

After a few moments though, I closed my eyes. I took in a deep breath of air, and pushed my body forwards. I went spiraling down, face first into the cool dungeon of liquid. I was swept deeper by an over passing wave, and my body kept going further into the bottomless lake. I gained the confidence to open my eyes, and did so. The undeniable beauty was still present, deep into the water. Just as I took in my surroundings, my breath left me. I tried to take in more air, only to be greeted by the water. As I felt my lungs fill up with liquid, my head fell, facing the ground.

If I could have only been better to her, I’d still have her; my only one.

My eyes started to close as I fell into an everlasting spell of unconsciousness.

At least one of us could live eternally happy, and I was glad it was her.

I loved you Jazlyn. I still do love you; you will forever be:

My only one.
♠ ♠ ♠
403 words.

There we go, the end of this three shot; and not a too happy ending either.

Anyways, wish me luck, and comment? :)