The Only Exception

Prologue

Cluttered words scrambled all around in my head. I couldn’t think straight - I couldn’t walk straight. Nothing was making sense and I was scared for myself, but more so for him.

My feet slipped against the wet and muddy ground, making it so much harder to escape from him. Before, though, I told him nothing, and then I just ran. That’s all that I could give him.

I slipped again as I climbed the dirty ground beneath me. My small fragile fingers grasped onto the roots hidden under the sickly colored leaves. The tears came faster as I struggled my way to the top.

Once I made it, I had a run in with the thorny bushes and crowded trees. I made a simple shove through them and hissed in slight pain as the thorns sliced through my bare feet and ankles.

I took a quick glance at myself, much to my disgust. My dress was torn completely, it shredded in ways that made me look like I was from the stone age. The dirt darkened over my pale skin, but I couldn’t pull off Jane from Tarzan.

Shaking the thought away I leapt over a boulder and ran to the edge. I listened carefully to the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks that lay beneath me. But then his voice shouted roughly and in an anxious manner.

I could barely hear him yell, ‘Braylin, stop! Come back!’ over the loud clashes from the waves, and the loud booms of the thunder. I didn’t jump when the lightening flashed brightly in the sky. I actually smiled - more to myself than anything else.

I closed my eyes as the rain pelted against my bare back and shoulders. I heard him yell my name again, but this time he sounded so much closer. Not long now and he’d be here to rescue me. I didn’t need rescuing though, I just needed to escape.

And when he yelled again, much to my dismay he was so close, I almost turned around. But then it was too late. I had taken a leap of faith and let myself fall in one rapid speed. I was numb as my body plummeted into the cold and angry ocean. I new it has been waiting for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but it's just a prologue, it's not meant to be long.
Chapters will get long once I start posting.
Comments and subscribers are totally welcome, and it'll
make the updates loads faster. (:

-xx Ashley.