The Only Exception

Fourteen.

It's been only a few days and I was still staying with Jacob. Sam had told us that Oliver hadn't really noticed my taking off when he went to talk to him yesterday. He must have been drunk off his ass. But at the moment, I was starting to forget about my problems with Oliver, and my mind was currently set on what was going on now.

Jake had told me the other morning about how when I had run off from Oliver, a few vampires, yes I finally learned more about them, and I cringed at the thought of them, had smelled my scent and caught onto it as I ran, and it wasn't so entirely great with leaving trails of my blood for them as well. Jake had gotten angrier as he explained to me.

Apparently those vampires had been wandering around Forks and La Push for over two weeks, give or take, and the wolf pack had been patrolling around to try and catch them. And with no such luck, things have been getting heavier around here. I was never out of Jacob's sight, and when he had to patrol, I would be with Emily and Seth was usually around.

Jake had told me about the Cullen's, how they were vampires but they called themselves 'vegetarians' and drank from animals only. I found that fair enough, though I didn't like the thought of more helpless animals being killed for their blood.

Jake and I had gotten around at night when it was just me and him, and all we really did was talk. I was getting better with this whole relationship thing, and I was starting to like it, and Jake, very much. At night when we'd talk, we'd gotten to learn so many things about each other and I felt as if the imprint only made things better for us both. And now I could say that I was truly falling for him.

Now knowing that I was what the pack called another wolf girl, I was getting used to the boys running off whenever something was wrong. When they'd leave I'd hang out with Emily and we'd just talk and cook food for when the boys got back. Like right now, Emily and I were making muffins - which by the way, were amazingly delicious.

"So you and Jake are doing alright now?" Emily asked as we mixed together different ingredients. I tried to ignore her question to the fullest and start to mix up the batter quickly. She cleared her throat and made me stop.

I sighed and turned to Emily, "Yeah, I think we are." I gave her a smile before turning back to the mixer.

"Well I'm glad, Braylin." She said a minute later. "You know, I was just as freaked as you were when Sam told me. Actually, he showed me his other side." I stopped what I was doing and gaped at her.

"Sam showed you his wolf side? What was it like?" I asked anxiously, a small grin appearing on my face. One thing I liked about dating, or close to dating a wolf is the fact that.. well, I love wolves. They're the most beautiful, intelligent kinds of creatures I've ever laid my eyes on. Their fur coat shows much more about them what people seem to think. Why was I rambling on, I hadn't the clue, so I stopped and paid attention to Emily.

Emily smiled adoringly at the thought put into her mind about Sam. "I didn't believe him at first, just like you. But the face he put on told me to believe, and all I did was ask him to show me his other side. And so he did, and that's when I truly fell for him. Not for his looks, or the wolf’s looks, but the fact that he wasn't lying to me, got me to fall harder for him."

"Then how'd you get..." I trailed the question as I pointed on my face the same spot that Emily's scars were placed. She sighed and gave me another smile before she continued.

"He was mad about something - and I was just too close when he phased." She said. "I never blamed him for it - he was still new to being a wolf, and I understood. But Sam was besides himself for weeks." I gave Emily a sad, apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry that the both of you had to go through that. But you guys are perfect now, right?" I smiled. Emily returned it to me as she poured the mixture of the muffins into the muffin tray.

"Of course, we've never been better. But Leah on the other hand -"

"Wait, what happened with Leah?" I asked.

Emily sighed, a small grimace came upon her face. "Well, I'd rather tell you that later, it's a bit too much, don't you think?"

I shrugged, "I guess." Leaning against the counter slowly I watched as Emily cleaned the other side of the counter. "So why is Leah so...hateful?"

Emily shrugged lightly, "It's the things that she thinks, that really make the boys hate hurt - which in return, she torchures them."

"How do they know what she is thinking? How can they be torchured by her?" I asked, instantly I was curious.

"Jake didn't tell you this part did he?" Emily questioned. I nodded and gave her a shrug. I guess he didn't, I thought. Emily gave me a warm smile, "Well when you phase into your wolf form, you're able to communicate with the rest of the pack through your mind. The packs' minds are connected and whatever thought you had, however you felt at that moment or any other, the rest of the pack thinks and feels it."

"So, Leah uses that against the boys?" I concluded, Emily nodded her head sadly and sighed. "Do you and Leah talk anymore?"

"No, we don't. She tries her best to ignore everyone around here, like I said before." I nodded my head and decided that I wouldn't ask anymore questions. It seemed to make Emily feel out of it.

"I'm sorry for asking you all of these questions," I began. But Emily waved it off and grinned.

"No, you're a wolf girl now, you're supposed to know about all of this. Don't worry." She chuckled lightly as she grabbed silverware and brought it tout to the table. Emily chuckled again and I gave her a confused look. "The boys are going to be here very soon -" The door opened to reveal Sam coming in first with a smile on his face - he was walking over to Emily. I smiled at them both but then turned away as I watched the other boys walk in.

And then Jacob walked in, a smile on his face, and I smiled back at him.

His warm hands wrapped around my waist and he kissed my temple. "How was your day with Emily?" He asked with a smile.

"It was good, I learned a few things that you decided not to tell me." I playfully frowned. When he didn't understand, I sighed and said, "The pack can read each other’s minds."

"Oh, yeah about that - I forgot to -"

"I know." I grinned.

"So what do you say we get out of here?" Jacob whispered into my ear. This was another thing that was going on in the past week - Jacob hinting to me that he wanted me in more than a relationship way. He wanted me for further advantages. But I wasn't giving in that easily.

I shook my head and sighed when Jake's face fell. "Sorry, I told you that we would - when I'm ready." I gave Jake a stern look, a look telling him to stop with the hints or else.

"Ooh! Jake's getting turned down!" Paul yelled from across the room. Jacob let out a low growl and somehow found a way to grab the TV remote and chuck it at Paul's head. Paul ducked and chuckled, "Fail." He mumbled as he took a seat at the table.

I took a hold of Jake's hand and smiled, "Let's eat these yummy muffins that Emily and myself made." Jake's face lit up that instant.

"Finally! I am starving!" Jake bellowed as he shoved a chair out of our way. Jake took a muffin and inhaled it quickly. He gave a smile to Emily and said, "Thanks, Emily. These are the best!"

"Hey!" I whined, slapping his arm.

"What?" He asked incredously.

"I said that I helped Emily! Don't I get some kind of reward?" I pouted and crossed my arms, acting upset for the hell of it. I mean, hey, I did help Emily.

"No wonder these tasted off." Paul mumbled. I scoffed and sent him a glare, and a kick in his shin under the table. The painful look on his face? Priceless. "Damn, your girl kicks like a hard mother fu-"

"Paul!" Emily gasped and slapped him upside the head.

"Sorry." He gave me a glare and playfully pouted, mimicking me.

"Aw you helped?" Jake cooed in my ear. I wasn't going to fall for his charm, not right now anyways. I mumbled something quietly and he gave me a look of obfuscated confusion. I let my lower lip pop out to further my protest of a pout. Jake smirked and turned me so I was facing him. "Your muffins are delicious, Bray." He said as our faces got closer. I heard Quil and Embry try to stifle their laughter, it was impossible.

His lips were warm and soft as they pressed against my own. His hand caressed my face just enough so we were that much closer. Our lips molded together and I could feel as Jake's other hand reached around to my back and pulled me closer. I hadn't really even noticed that I was firmly placed on Jake's lap as we kissed. I decided to play around with him and bite on his lower lip. A small moan came passed his lips and I chuckled.

"Holy-"

"-Shit." I gasped and forgot that we were in a room full of massive, perverted boys. As I looked at each of them I couldn't help but to laugh at their faces. All of their eyes wide opened, food hanging out of their mouth, the room feeling like it was frozen.

"Sorry." I mumbled to them as I got off Jacob's lap and sat back in my chair.

Then it was like the room unfroze and all of the boys spit out their foot in unison and began to howl in mock laughter and hoot like the sick sex-infected boys that they were. Emily and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes at their stupid childish antics.

"Shit - Paul, Jake does get action around here." Quil teased, which earned him a slap in the back of the head from Sam.

"Just - don't do that around here, in front of any of us, and make sure you're in a very closured area - like in a closet." Embry gagged while the rest of the boys, including Emily, nodded in agreement.

"Oh, and make sure -" Paul began, but was interrupted with a muffin thrown in his face thanks to - Jacob. I gave Jake a small smile and whispered a thank you.

"Alright, well Braylin and I are going to go, now." Jake announces while pulling me from my seat. He grabbed my hand and we bid our goodbyes to the others as we left Emily's house.

Once at Jake's house, I changed into a pair of his clothes and cuddled myself into bed next to him. He gave me a small smile and kissed my forehead.

"You were teasing me earlier today, weren't you?" He asked.

I laughed with amusement, "Oh, I sure was."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so here is the next chapter. xP
I'm going to working on a few extra chapters; or try to,
before I post fifteen. :D
Comments make me feel loved!

BTW, I <3 Vanessa and Lui. ;D