The Only Exception

Fifteen.

Tonight Jacob had told me to 'dress pretty' because he was taking me somewhere 'special'. How could I dress pretty if, I didn't know how pretty this place he was taking to me was? I mean, should I wear a pair of jeans and nice shirt, or would a skirt and tank top work, or was a dress the most appropriate? This agonizing problem was the only time I was desperate enough to ask someone for help.

"Emily, I'm not sure what to wear tonight. You have to help me!" I pleaded to her, and I almost got down on my knees and begged, but Emily chuckled and stopped me before I could do so.

"Of course, Bray. Where did Jacob say he was taking you, exactly?"

I sighed, "Well he didn't specify it well enough for me, actually. He only said to dress pretty because he was taking me somewhere special."

Emily then gave me a knowing look and said, "Come here, I have just the perfect outfit." As I followed her into her bedroom I though of what this date would be like, and what in the world I'd be wearing. "Here you go, this will be very beautiful on you." Emily handed me a floral dress along with a pair of shoes and some jewelry.

I gaped at the dress and smiled when I looked up at Emily. "You're really going to let me wear this, Em?"

"Of course I would, Braylin! Now, go put it on and I'll do your hair and make-up." I gave Emily a decent loving hug before running into the bathroom and changing. Once out, Emily and pulled me into her room and locked the door so no boys could get in.

"Hurry, Em! I've got like, an hour before Jake arrives!" I was growing impatient. Not with Emily, but with myself more or less. I was nervous and the butterflies were swarming around in my stomach. I smiled at Emily and thanked her when she finished the final touches.

"I'm glad you like it," Emily replied after I hugged her again and thanked her repeatedly. To be honest, I looked pretty. But that's as far as I could go. "Do you want a sweater for your - um," Her hand gestured to my right arm which carried a few light colored bruises up and down them.

I looked down to inspect my arms. They were light enough that even if someone did notice, they wouldn't say anything. "No, I think I'll be fine, thanks though." I gave her another warm smile. I didn't have to wait a long time before Jake had come to Emily's, in a nice suit, his bright white smile glistening off the light of the moon.

"Wow, Braylin, you look beautiful." He grinned as he took me out of Emily's house.

"Thanks," I walked over to the passenger side and blushed when Jake opened up the door for me. Once both of us were in the car, Jake shifted into gear and pulled out. On the drive to wherever he was taking me, Jake had taken a hold of my hand, and when I looked up to meet my eyes with his, we both smiled.

Awhile later - after the forty-five minute drive - Jake pulled up into a parking lot next to a diner. I gave him a smile and shook my head. This diner must be fancy if I had to dress 'pretty'. Jake ran to the other side of the car before I even put my hand on the handle. He opened it swiftly and helped me out of the seat.

"Thanks." I mumbled. He shined a smile back at me and pulled me into the restaurant. Jake walked to the front and told him his name and that he had made a reservation, which was sweet, because the one date I ever went on, well, it wasn't even at a fancy place like this.

"This is...fancy, Jake." I smiled to him as he pulled the chair out for me before going to his side and sitting down.

His smile never faltered when he replied, "Well, I figured I'd take you out to the finest place in Port Angeles." I was about to reply when a cute waiter came over with a wide smile on his face.

"Hi, I'm Max and I'll be your waiter for this evening. Can I start you two off with something to drink?" He gave me a flirty smile, which I tried desperately not to return. One peek at Jacob and I watched as he began to shake. I took my foot and kicked him under the seat, I used my eyes as a warning glance.

"My girlfriend and I will both have coke, thanks." Jake grumbled. Max gave him a wary smile and then turned to me, winked, and walked off.

As soon as Max was fully out of view, I turned to Jacob with a gaping expression. "What the hell was that?" I asked with humor.

"Didn't you see he was hitting on you, Bray?" I rolled my eyes.

"So? It's not like I'll ever see him again." I muttered. My fingers fiddled with the napkin currently resting on my lap.

"That's not the point, Braylin. The point is, is that he was staring at you like - like he was freakin' well raping you with his eyes!" His harsh whisper got him another glare from me.

"He was not doing that, Jacob! Now knock it off." He sighed and let it go, which I was gratefully happy for. When Max came back with our drinks, another flirty smile on his face, directed at me.

"So, are you guys ready to order -" Max began.

"My girlfriend and I will share the fettuccine alfredo." Jacob almost growled.

Max gave me a worried look but then placed the smile back on his face. "Uh, your food will be ready soon, then." He gave me another look before walking away. I looked back at Jacob whose hands were in tight grips around the tables. His knuckles were almost white.

"Jacob Black, could you try and not break the damn table?" I whispered with a harsh tone. He let go of the table's ends the the second I pointed out that he was about the snap it in half.

"Sorry, Bray. He's just -" Jacob began, but I cut him off before he could continue with his excuses.

"He's just what, Jake? Trying to have fun and flirt with a girl? Jake I'm not even into him, I'm on a date with you, not him." I gave an aggravated sigh and tried not to stressfully run a hand through my clean and prepped up hair.

"He just doesn't know when to keep his eyes off of a girl that isn't his." Jacob muttered. Max came back shortly after with our food and left again with a smile on his face, pointed at me. I thanked him quietly before he walked away.

"So, we're going here now, Jacob? I'm now owned?" I looked away from him, began staring at the food in front of me. "And you wouldn't even let me order my own food for crying out loud!"

"Keep it down, Braylin." Jake whispered to me. I gaped at him with surprise.

"Hey, you're the one whose breaking tables around here, and giving a waiter the death pentalty just with your eyes." I muttered. I gulped down my soda and ate small bits of my food. Truth was, I wasn't really even hungry anymore. Not after what was going on now. I sighed, wiping my hands on the napkin before putting it on the table.

"God, this isn't enough food. I'll eat more when we get back to Emily's." I watched as Jake almost licked the plate clean with his hunger issue. And that was another thing, these boys could eat cows all day and never get full. Jake then called over Max and asked for the check, and not even five minutes later, he was back with the receipt and a folded paper in his hands.

"This is for you, if this guy gets too...carried away." He whispered to me as he handed me the paper. I opened it up to find his number written down. A blush crept onto my face and there was no way I could hide it now.

"Hey, man. She isn't yours, so back the hell off." Jacob stood instantly, a sneer on his face. He was so much taller than Max, and he cowered away the second Jacob stood.

"Whoa, sorry there for wanting to make sure she doesn't end up in the wrong crowd." Max spat back. Suddenly it felt like everything was going in slow motion. I watched as Jacob took a swing with his fist and planted it in Max's jaw. He fell to the ground instantly and groaned, cupping his jaw with his hands.

"Let's go," Jacob growled, grasping my hand and almost dragging me out of the restraunt. He brought me into the car and got in quickly. Once the car was shifted into the right gear, Jacob was speeding down the road, his fists gripping the steering wheel awfully tight, his knuckle turning white just as they did at the table.

"What the hell was that, Jake!" I yelled this time, now that there wouldn't be any interruptions.

Jacob turned to me, shock written on his face. "Are you serious right now, Braylin? Did you see him just now, telling me that you were in the wrong crowd? I do not get carried away either!" He rambled on, picking away the peices of each word that Max had said.

I sighed, this time not caring if I ruined my hair, I ran my hands through my hair in stress. But I wasn't going to say anything to him, he'd get too fired up and explode on me again. So I kept quiet, I kept my eyes in front of me and ignored the glances that Jake would send over to me. My arms were crossed tightly over my chest, showing my small dominance that I had.

The whole ride back to Emily's was quiet and this time it was short. I hadn't said a word to Jacob as I pulled myself out of his car. I ignored his gesture to bring me inside with him, just to wait while he fed his massively large stomach.

"Come on, Braylin. Don't be like this. I'm sorry. I've said it -"

"This would be your first, Jacob." I leaned against the hood of Jake's car stubbornly, my face set in a sullen manner. I didn't have to wait long for Jacob to fill up on food before he was back outside apologizing like an idiot.

"Come on, Bray. Let's just get back to my place and we can talk about this in the morning." Jacob pleaded, his eyes showing forceful urging for me to come with him.

I sighed but shook my head. "No, I'm going to stay with Emily for the night." I pushed myself off of the hood and began to walk up the porch. A hot hand grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Braylin, I said I was -"

"Save it, Jake. This date wasn't how I pictured it to be. This just won't work out if you're going to get jealous every time a guy lays their eyes on me." I pulled my arm away from Jacob and turned to resume my walk up the porch. And then I turned back, "Goodnight, Jacob." I saw a tinge of pain in his eyes as I entered Emily's house. But this wasn't going to work, and he knew it as well, I believed.

"You aren't staying with Jake?" Emily didn't really have to ask, she knew from the look on my face.

I gave her a shrug, "No, I'm not. This isn't working out. I'll stay here tonight, but then I'm not sure if I'll go back to Jacob's." Emily gave me a nod and brought me into her bedroom. A sleeping Sam was sprawled across the bed, so we had to be quiet as Emily grabbed some clothes for me. Once I was in the guest bedroom, Emily kissed my cheek and wished me a goodnight's sleep.

I sighed as I laid there on the bed. I'd stay here tonight, like I said. But tomorrow, that was an entirely different story. I wasn't telling Emily this, but tomorrow I wasn't going back to Jacob's. I wasn't going to stay at Emily's. It wasn't right for me here, everyone knew it. I was scared for myself, thinking maybe, if these wolves were real, maybe there was good in them, but I just wasn't worth it. So tomorrow, I'd leave; I needed to face my demons and return home. No matter what the consequences were.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE READ:
So I hoped you liked this chapter, it may be the last till I get
my writer's block removed. D:

That was worded weirdly. :P
Anyways, I'm trying hard to figure what I'm going to do next.

Have ANY ideas for what you'd like to read, leave it in the comments and
I'll debate those with my friend Lui, who is awesome and helps me with
anything. :D

But in the mean time, read my other Jacob Black Fanfic Hold Up My Heart.
You'll either like it, or love it. ;D Kidding, ha I dunno what you'll think.
But give that a chance while I'm working on this!

<3 Comments.

Song that I'm currently likin' : D is for Dangerous - Allison Iraheta. <3 <3