The Only Exception

Twenty

It was different today. I felt alright, which surprised me enough to get off the ground and actually clear my head with cleaning my room - which was a total pig-stye.

Today I'd be going to First Beach - just to think things over, and that was all. I wouldn't give in too much and go visit anyone. I was afraid that if I ran into Jacob I'd pour my heart out and tell him how painful it really is to be without him. I couldn't show my weakness though. I wouldn't.

To say in the least, I was afraid as of right now. Going down to First Beach could mean hell; I could meet the pack there and that just wasn't good. They'd keep bombarding me, never stopping and they wouldn't stop if it meant running out of air, or risking trouble with Sam - or maybe they would leave at the sign of Sam calling for them.

I thought about that, and maybe I could deal with those boys, but if I ended up meeting Jacob there, everything I'd worked for and taught myself would be ruined. Teaching myself to cover my emotions and hide them away in a much tougher spot. Working at forgetting what ever happened between Jacob and I. Teaching myself that the pain in my chest that only appeared at night when the wolf cried out, would sooner or later disappear. I'd lose it all.

I needed these thoughts to disappear, that's what I needed. A nice warm shower would soothe me out in immense ways.

Once I had struggled to get myself out of my play clothes, I hopped in the shower. Instantly I felt relieved and calm. The warm water caressed itself on my shoulders, dripping down on it's own. My muscles began to loosen and my back and neck didn't feel as stiff as they previously had.

I turned off the shower - which was so relaxing, got out and began drying off and changing into a comfortable pair of shorts, t -shirt and a cover up, which were directly in mind. I didn't care to dry my hair, it's not like I was going somewhere dry.

After I'd straightened myself out, and found myself somewhat decent enough to go anywhere, I got out of the house quickly, needing the fresh air as soon as possible. I smiled as I inhaled the fresh pine scent; I was glad to live not even fifteen feet away from the entrance to the forest. And after entering, it was easy to make my way through the woods and to First Beach.

I could feel the ground begin to change as I stepped off the grassy ground and onto the sandy beach. I took my time getting to the perfect spot on the shore, I could be here all day if I wanted to. I liked watching the waves crash against shore in utmost glory.

The beautiful, glowing sun rised slowly over me, bringing a gleaming light to the beautiful sand and the water. It glittered, the golden rays of heat warming me from the cool coast breeze which would hit my face every now and then. Looking directly up at it, I closed my eyes tightly as the intense bright whiteness of the sun almost blinded me.

Looking around me there I could find nobody else to be seen. The only a few gentle sounds that I could hear were the whoosh’s coming from the turning waves, the light wind blowing slowly, and a few loud ‘cheeps’ coming from white seagulls which occasionally flew by slowly over the sea, sometimes landing, and floating smoothly on the sea for a while but, soon disappearing back into the sky.

Ahead of me the calm, peaceful sea stretched out for as far as I could see. I sighed in content, it was relaxing here. I felt as though I could stay here all day, or even all week if I possibly could.

"Braylin?" His questioned voice went well with the look on his face. Of course I had to turn around to see who it was calling my name - I already knew his voice, though. I began to chew on the inside of my cheek.

"Hi," I mumbled, pulling my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs. Jacob sat down next to me, not even a foot away.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

Blinking, I moved a bit over to my right so we weren't as close. "I felt like coming here, because I haven't been here in awhile." I answered. Jacob nodded slowly, his position was glum and low, his shoulders slumping.

"You smell like leech," Jacob muttered after a few seconds of silence. His nose scrunched up in disgust as he eyed me. I gaped at him, he had no right to say that to me. And besides, the Cullen's smelled completely fine to me.

I shrugged, "Why do you care?"

Jacob grumbled, "Because you shouldn't be there, Bray. You should be here, with us." His right shaped into a fist, "And Oliver -"

"Don't you dare say anything about Oliver," I snapped. "He's been doing great, he hasn't hit me or done anything worth bruising over." Why did something feel so off when I said those words? I mean, Oliver was doing great, except for his one slip up when he probably could have snapped my arm in half if he tried hard enough.

Jacob ran a hand through his short hair, "I'm sorry it's just I worry, a lot."

I nodded, "I know you hurt, Jake. And I'm sorry." My voice was barely above a whisper as I said this. "I can feel what you feel, and it's definitely strong, but -" I sighed, my palms were becoming sweaty at my nerves going haywire. "I need to be there for my father, he needs me." I felt as if I would cry, but I soon realized that no tears were coming out.

"But why do you hang out with the Cullen's then?" His husky voice was anything but smooth at this moment.

I gave Jacob an eye roll, "Well, I don't know. Oliver finds them to be great people, I guess." The truth was, I was very unsure why I was hanging with the Cullen's and not the Pack. My dad actually did like the Cullen's, and even though he didn't know the pack, he didn't like them for some unexplainable reason. I couldn't tell Jacob that the main reason I hung with the Cullen's was because they didn't remind me of the hurt that I felt.

The pain I'd get at just thinking of Jacob cut me to the core. I couldn't have him know that the Cullen's were like my antidote for the poison that Jacob had infested into my small and weak body. It was hard to handle and I was very afraid to how much longer I could keep it up.

"I still don't like you being around your dad," Jacob grumbled only minutes later.

I let out a small huff, "Well, I'm sorry that I can't satisfy every single one of your needs." I began to get up, leaving seemed like the best thing to do at the moment. Without even getting myself two feet off the ground, Jacob pulled me back down with a small tug. I landed on his lap with an 'oof'.

"Stay, please?" He whispered, his warm breath bouncing off my skin and leaving a tingle kind of feeling. His hand was still holding onto my arm and I seemed to be the only one to notice. His warmth was incredible. He felt like he was in the sun way too long and his skin had just soaked in the heat. The attraction I felt for him got stronger as I stared into his brown orbs.

I sighed, I was giving in again. "Alright." Jacob's eyes looked into mine, like he was searching for something in them. Our gazes never separated, our faces never pulling away. Jacob was too busy bringing his face closer to mine. I looked away in a rush, his lips grazing across my cheek as I did so.

Jacob never moved as I got off of him and found my spot back in the sand. He huffed, though, I could feel him in need of me as of right now. Not caring in what way he needed me, all I knew was that his need was just to have me with him, in his arms at the very least. I knew he wanted this just as much as I thought I did. But I couldn't get carried away.

Oliver. Consciously reminding myself. Right, I needed to be there for Oliver, he needed me more than Jacob did. Right? It was like my left and right sides of my brain - or conscious, was bickering and arguing over who was right. I could just picture the angel and devil on either side of my shoulders.

Wrong, The angel would say. I didn't know who to listen to, or even why I should listen to either of them in the first place. I was acting crazy; I was stressed out from the past few weeks and things were getting jumbled up inside.

After the small confrontation I'd had in my head, I released a tiring sigh. I looked over at the sun, it was beginning to set. How long had I even been at the beach? Had my mind preoccupied my time? Or was this talking with Jacob really quickening things up, making time go by as such an abnormal rate?

Lifting myself onto my feet with a small grunt, I looked down at Jacob, who was too busy staring off at the ocean. He was thinking about something, I could tell most definitely. The look on the face showed concentration, with a pinch of adoration, mixed with determination. Rain drops began to fall, or they had been for some while; since I found myself already purely soaked.

"Jake?" I waved my hand in front of his face. He snapped out of his mindless wandering and looked up. His eyes squinted closely, leaving them like small slots as the rain began to pelt on his forehead. "I have to go now - I'm sure Oliver will be home soon and we're having Chinese." I gave a small goofy smile, which made his face lighten up a bit more. Jacob pulled himself to his feet, giving him an excuse to get closer to me than before.

He looked down at me, now. A small smile appearing gracefully onto his lips. "Kiss me, Braylin." This is when the 'moment' music stops, everything freezes and the sound of a track stopping so suddenly plays instantly. He just had to ruin this, I thought I was just going to walk away with maybe a hug.

I shook my head, my teeth grazing against my bottom lip. "Jacob, I have to go." With that I began to back away, an apologetic grimace beginning to appear on my face. Jacob shook his head and took two large steps, his warm hands grabbing onto my arms to keep me in my place.

"Jake, seriously I have to -" Why was is that when a girl made up an excuse to go, the boy interrupts that with a kiss? A beautiful, expression -filled, passionate kiss?

Of course Jacob Black wouldn't wait for a full answer, he'd go right to the kill. Especially if it means kissing his imprint in the pouring rain - which I do not find cheesy at all.

Jacob's warm lips were so soft and ready, his lips getting more urgent by the second. The kiss was sweet at first, his hands getting lost in my long black hair, but he became so quick and Jacob was holding me closer to him, like this was the last time I'd ever see him again.

The kiss was explosive, to say in the least. I found myself wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer to me, his lips closer to mine, without even thinking of stopping. I didn't know what I was doing, but I loved the fact that I was kissing him again. And even if this was my second kiss - our second kiss, I couldn't find the courage to say that this wasn't perfect, because it was, in so many ways.

Jacob pulled away, both of us catching our breath as we came up for the air. I didn't know what I was doing when I reached onto my tip-toes and pulled him back for another kiss. The rain began to hit hard against the both of us, but Jacob instantly pulled me out of the direction that the rain was pouring. He blocked the rain so I could kiss him in a much easier way.

We both pulled away again, this time a small smile on my lips and a wide grin his. I laughed lightly as I looked up at the rain, my eyes shutting every time the rain droplets feel near my eyes. Jacob pulled me towards him, kissed me again - a long and rough kiss. After we pulled away again, we rest our foreheads on each other’s and looked into one another's eyes.

"I've always wanted to do that," Jacob mused.

"What?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips. "Kiss a girl in the rain?"

He laughed but shook his head. "No, kiss you in the rain." I smiled up at him, kissing him one last time before backing up.

"I have to go, Jacob." He frowned at this, but decided to sweep me off my feet - literally, and run me up the beach to the road.

Jacob pulled me near his car, I shook my head as we got closer. "You don't want a ride?" A skeptical expression etched on his face.

"I can run home, Jake. And besides, what would Oliver think of me being dropped off by you - a very muscle-y..." I couldn't finish as I began to laugh at his facial expression. I waved him off as I began to walk down the street.

"Come on, Bray - get in it's raining!" Jacob yelled over the rain, and now the booming of the thunder. I could hardly hear him anymore as I ran quickly into the woods. I didn't mind if he'd come after me, but I was too far ahead for him to actually get to me in time.

I was soaked from head to toe as I reached the door steps. A small smile was still on my face as I walked inside. It never left as I pulled off my threaded cover up and walked into the kitchen. I didn't stop smiling, and I couldn't. That kiss was all that I needed from him - I felt instantly better after our lips connecting. Was that all I needed? Apparently not.

I gasped, my eyes gone wide at the sight of Oliver's anger -stricken face. "Where the hell have you been?" He spat.
♠ ♠ ♠
MUWAHAHAHA. :D

So I know you're all going to hate me for leaving you
on this horrible cliff hanger, but I love tochuring you.
Just kidding. :D

Updates will come, blah blah blah.

News:
My friend is making me a Story Movie Trailer for The Only Exception,
so I'm pretty excited about that. :D

I get my Permit like, Thursday; WHOOOOT.

Um, my friend Reiley is a hobo. ;D

My friend Lui is amazing, teehee; check out her stories, she has a Jacob Black fanic and
she is just starting on her new one which is still untitled, but she'll come up with something soon. ;D

So, READ HER STORIES. :D

Jungle.
&
Untitled.

Comments, please? xD
<3