The Only Exception

Twenty Four.

"I don't think that you should be cooking, Jacob." I insisted. Jacob looked at me, a serious expression on his face. He rolled his eyes dramatically and turned back to the stove where he was currently cooking the both of us breakfast.

"If I can make a hotdog, and cereal, what makes you think that I can't make eggs and toast?" He asked a minute later. I took a second to think about it, my mind was coming up with loads of answers.

"Well, you burn your hotdogs every time you make them, and when you have cereal, you always forget the bowl." I countered, a smirk gliding across my face in achievement. Jake grumbled in defeat, knowing that I had proven my point.

"Doesn't mean anything," He muttered. I let out a small laugh as I turned back to the TV. I let out a small squeak as Courage The Cowardly Dog came on Cartoon Network. "Let's not get too excited over there," Jake called from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes, he's a wolf, he can hear the smallest squeaks and noises that even a mouse can make.

I released a small sigh, loosing my train of thought before suddenly thinking of the other night. We hadn't talked about what happened two nights ago, there wasn't really a reason to. I did have to beg Jacob to tell me what in the world was going on, and the only way I got what I wanted was from kissing him. Of course.

I chewed on my bottom lip, thinking of the trouble coming towards us.

"What's going on, Jake?" I asked. I could feel my nerves begin to go haywire as I looked back into his brown orbs, finally finding some sort of answer. His eyes led me to nothing. Nothing but what I was afraid of. Worry.

Jacob sighed, pulling his left hand up to run it through his short cropped hair in stress. "This is nothing you need to worry about, Bray." He assured me. I shook my head no, that wasn't an answer that I wanted to hear.

"Jacob, I'm your imprint, right?" He nodded, rolling his eyes; he knew where this was going. "Well, I, Braylin Kennedy, your imprint, deserves to know what the hell is going on right now. Why are you acting so weird, overprotective?"

"I'll tell you, Braylin Kennedy, my imprint." I smiled. "But first I'd like something; let's think of it as a trade, you got it?" My smiled soon faltered, falling into a frown, but I nodded anyway.

"What does Mr. Black want from me now?" I let out an exasperated sigh.

"A kiss." I opened my mouth to protest - I really wasn't in the mood, I was tired as hell. "But - it cannot just be a peck. I've been dying to have your lips on mine for quite awhile, Braylin. I think I deserve this." He had a point. I hadn't really talked to him or had any physical contact ever since the incident.

"Fine." I agreed. He gave me a small smile before leaning his head down to mine. It hadn't taken long for his arms to be wrapped around my waist and mine to be wrapped over his neck. He'd gotten up and moved more so he was directly on top of me. He held himself up with one arm, careful not to squish me. He lips pressed hard against mine, but not in a painful way; only in the way that shows he wants to keep going. Our lips moved in synchronization, a perfect rhythm. This kissed filled my lungs with such an immense amount of air I thought they'd explode.

"I love you, Braylin." He whispered. Once the kiss was over, Jacob smiled down at me before settling into the spot next to me. I curled up carefully into his arms and waited for him to answer me. "There are some problems happening around Seattle, Bray."

"Like what?" I asked. I wasn't so sure what he was talking about, but the sheer exhaustion in his voice told me it wasn't something good.

"There have been a lot of attacks - vampire attacks." He began, I sucked in a deep breath, I wasn't ready for this. "The Cullen's aren't sure who is behind the killings, but all we know is that they're coming here... soon."

I groaned, "What are you talking about, Jake? What do they want?"

He sighed, taking his free hand and pinching the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes. "They want Bella, that's all they Alice and Edward could piece together. Someone has taken a few of her belongings as a scent to drive the newborns crazy."

I shook my head, still confused. "Newborns? What are you saying, Jake?"

"Newborns are newly made vampires who don't have any control over their thirst. That's why there are these crazy attacks in Seattle. Someone began an army there - an army of vampires.”


I sucked in a deep breath, shutting my eyes tightly in chance to try and erase the conversation. It was happening, vampires were coming for Bella and everyone was going to fight. I didn't want to be in this, I didn't want Jacob to be in this. I wasn't going to share this with him, of course, because he'd just tell me that everything would be okay because there are more of us than there are of the newborns.

I didn't like this pain that flushed through my body as I thought of this. I hated the feeling, it was too strong. I could handle it to a certain extent, but if it got any worse than this, I was afraid that I'd go crazy.

~

After breakfast, Jacob had taken me over to Emily's while he went out to patrol. Apparently after his patrol, him and the rest of the pack were meeting the Cullen's in the Clearing to learn from Jasper on how to defeat these newborns. From what I was told, he had much experience with them, so he was our - their, best shot.

I loved Emily with all of my heart, she was so dear and sweet, but at a time like this, I really didn't want to be here. I wanted to find Jacob, and tell him how I was feeling. I knew I couldn't leave, and I wouldn't, I'd wait 'till Jacob got back. But this sick feeling overcame me numerous times while he was out, I didn't like it.

Jacob promised me that this weekend it was just him and I together. No vampires, no wolves, just us two. From what he told me, he had something planned for us both; Billy was supposedly going to be at Charlie's - Bella's father, and we'd have the house to ourselves. Now I wouldn't go make assumptions about what we'd do, but I had a good guess that it wouldn't just be dinner for the two of us.

I was rather excited that the two of us would spend time together before all hell broke loose. We still had roughly about a month before the war would start. Everything had already been planned out thanks to the Cullen's, who were the most organized out of the rest of us. Alice would be updating everyone about the choices that were being made and if there were to be any changes at all.

Carlisle had ordered everyone to take shifts with the wolves and patrol - of course the Cullen's had to stay on their part of the boundary line. Jasper took control of the fighting and how it would be done. And as I thought about this going on, I somehow felt left out. I wanted to join in and help in any way that I possibly could. No matter the consequences.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm baaacckk. :D

I am super super excited that the computer
is working again and shizzz.
I'm asking for a laptop for my birthday/christmas, and hopefully I get one! ;D

But no, my birthday isn't on Christmas. Just close. xP

PLEASE, COMMENTS WILL HELP BRING THE INSPIRATION BACK. :D
I'll update soon, I just need to get back on track, 'ya know?

<3