The Only Exception

Thirty Four.

Jacob’s POV

The shaking and convulsion-like movements had not gotten under control since the news was given to me. It took all of me and time to become calm once again, and even after I had phased back and checked to make sure Seth was alright, I still could hardly keep myself together.

Sam suggested we stay outside and meet back at the Clearing to speak with the Cullen’s about what the plan was to get Braylin back. But my head was so out of it, my thoughts only pertaining to one thing and one person only. Braylin and how I would get her back. And what angered just as much as her being taken, but the fact that the psychic bloodsucker must not have even seen this coming!

My thoughts were rambling as my mind tried to concentrate on one thing at a time. But things got too complicated and I stopped fighting it. My mind went through so many questions and possible answers; how could I even live with Braylin if this turned out bad? What was she thinking about right now? Was she alright? How could I have not seen this? They kept flashing inside of my head like bright caution lights, blinding my vision. I could think of nothing but Braylin and her safety. I could hardly take the pain that was currently pounding in my chest. The throbbing was like shocks in a way, and I couldn’t help but wince every time the throb pounded through my ribcage almost.

Again as reality went on, my mind was secluded to just her. Her smile, how white her teeth were and how her dimples faded in when she giggled. Her lips were so full and soft and I couldn’t do anything but hope that I could kiss her again. Slowly the image in my head shifted to her eyes and that was when my heart began to rapidly beat. Those eyes captured my soul, just as the rest of her had. Though being a dull brown color, those orbs of hers were the most mesmerizing things that I could ever lay my eyes on.

I could feel myself beginning to smile as her beautiful enthralling laugh rang through my ears, but just as quickly as it was forming, did I clear my face of any emotion. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, biting down harder each time something strong about her was captured in my head. I could hardly take the pain of memories that my conscience was giving me. Soon though, my mind was cleared, but it wouldn’t last, I knew that.

The clearing wasn’t far enough that we had to phase so the pack and I walked our way down there. Once we met back up with the Cullen’s, I swear I could have exploded. My glare was dead-set on Alice, who at the moment looked like she could cry, but we all knew that wasn’t possible anymore. Jasper was comforting Alice as best as he could, and I had to give it to them both. I shouldn’t have been blaming this on Alice; I’d already known that her visions weren’t always certain.

“Thank you for thinking of her feelings,” Edward said sincerely. I nodded before turning my attention to what Carlisle and Sam were talking about.

“We have yet to try and use Alice’s visions as some sort of tracking device,’ Carlisle began, hope was in his eyes, but I couldn’t believe it. “I am uncertain on how this will work, but with yours and my families combined,” Carlisle paused.

“We can you use you dogs to sniff her out,” Emmett said abruptly with a low growl. The only ones who were the ones to react were Paul and Jared, their deep growls almost overbearing Emmett’s. I was too lost to react to his snide remark.

For once I actually understood that it was not just me who was hurt over this. I could tell in each and every one of the Cullen’s that they were just as worried and scared about Braylin as I was. Mindedly my eyes glanced over at Edward, who was nodding towards me with agreement.

“Knock it off, Em,” That blonde Rosalie hissed at him. Again, my mind was blank with rude remarks to throw out at her, at anyone. I was too distracted with distraught and blinded my worry and pain.

“As I was saying,” Carlisle said with a sigh, “It was so much easier to figure out thanks to Edward, who was able to see through a few of the newborn’s minds, the face of the one who took Braylin.” I stood stiff, just waiting for who it could have been. It could not have been her father, most definitely not. “It was a vampire named Zane, who apparently knew about Braylin for awhile – much thanks to her mother…” Carlisle trailed and made a knowing face. I understood, as did the others, instantly.

I grumbled, but nothing came out of my mouth. Not one word; the only thing that happened was me losing my balance and falling over in pain, clutching at my sides. The pain never settled, it only got worse with each throb. It was almost as if someone was kicking me in the side with a steel-toed boot, or something remotely close to it.

“Jacob!”

“Shit, Jake!” I heard from all different voices, and for some reason I couldn’t match the voices to the faces.

“Fuck!” I yelled, grabbing at my ribs. “What the –“ I gasped and snatched at my hip, which was now stinging with an odd pain.

“It’s the imprint,” Sam said lowly with distaste and worry. “Only can the imprinter feel physical pain that the imprintee is put upon. That leech is hurting her.”

I let out a loud growl and flinched violently, thrashing on the ground with my pain. I couldn’t even think of Braylin going through this. She couldn’t have been going through this; I couldn’t believe that part of the imprint. But it was true, this was actually happening.

And boy did it piss me off.

Letting out another loud growl from my throat, I flipped over from my back and within seconds I was on four legs and hovering over the others. Looking down at my ankle, I felt thankful for the extra pair of pants that I had strapped to myself earlier.

Gesturing my head over to the woods I let out a low whimper but much with force.

Nodding, Sam said, “Let’s go, guys. Jacob, we’ll follow you.” And it wasn’t in his alpha voice that Sam spoke, and for only a second was I thankful. Before phasing, Sam spoke with Carlisle for another brief minute before he too, also phased.

The Cullen’s are heading East, while we head South, Sam said to everyone. Nodding my head I began in a strut through the entrance of the forest. And as soon as I found it safe, I along with the others began running through the forest, dodging trees, leaping over fallen trees and missing any obstacle in the way.

My thoughts became to get in the way of everything else and I told Sam to lead – I couldn’t do it. Complying, Sam ran in front of me and the others and my eyes stayed focused on where Sam was headed, but my mind was far away, lost in a different world, almost. I could just picture Braylin, smiling widely and laughing at all different things that meant nothing to her, but it meant everything to me. Her eyes mesmerized mine every time I got a look into them. Again, just as every other time before, my heart pounded through my chest, and thankfully it got my adrenaline pumping, and now I was bounding through the town, to the south, where my soul mate could possibly be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah yeah yeah, it's short, SORRY.
I had NO IDEA really how to explain Jacob's feelings and such
in a longer form. D:

Hate me all you want, but atleast I gave you guys an update.

Yes, in my twilight fanfictions, when the imprintee gets severley hurt, like what
happened in this chapter, the imprinter feels it but nothing actually happens to them. They just feel what their love is going through, physically.
This could be ending soon, sadly. I've gotten up to the point where nothing else
is going through my head. :(

But I wouldn't leave just yet if I were you, ;)
Comments <3