The Only Exception

Three.

Again I woke up on the cold ground, sore and in pain. And as I got up, there was a small puddle of blood - almost dry. I checked myself for any gashes but found none. But when I dragged myself up the stairs and into my bathroom, I found a bruise forming to the left of my jaw, and a cut on my upper lip. I let out a small sigh before stripping myself for a warm shower.

I was fully dressed within seconds of drying off and all that I had to do was clean my lip. It stung but not for long, it finally went away. I cleaned it as best as I could get it before I had to leave.

Grabbing my bag I headed out the door and began to walk down the street. My legs felt stiff as I walked down the lopsided road and my bag's strap was scraping against my sore shoulder. I tried not to play with my lip but ended up checking it every few minutes, just to make sure it wasn't bleeding.

I felt like school was never going to come into view, and I was going to keep walking on and on and on, forever. That was until a horn honked behind me and a 1986 Black Volkswagen Rabbit slowly stopped besides me. The window began to roll down and soon came the face of the owner with those brown eyes. I felt a bit transfixed as I looked over at him and then began to think about why he was stopping.

"Hey, you need a ride?" He asked, shooting me his infamous bright smile that just astonished me to no end. I opened my mouth to say something but ignored the instinct and just nodded my head. As soon as I got into his car silence fell over us, and he wasn't driving. He was looking at me with such interest and adoration, I was sort of getting an odd feeling.

"What?" I said rather harshly, but the small whisper that came out made me sound weak. I shouldn't have even spoken.

Jacob's eyes widened a bit and he shook his head like he was shaking something off - in his mind. But then he really looked at me, and I mean really looked at me. I bit my lip on instinct and winced as I felt my teeth dig into my fresh cut.

"Braylin you're bleeding." Jacob grabbed a tissue out of his glove compartment and placed it against my bleeding lip. I didn't meet his eyes and I didn't want to - I just looked the opposite and waited.

"What happened?" He asked skeptically, but in a way that sounded sincere and caring.

"We're going to be late." I muttered. "Go or I'll just get out and walk." He sighed and turned back to the steering wheel, I held the tissue tightly against my lip as Jacob drove down the road. And soon he was pulling into the school parking lot.

Jacob got out quickly and ran over to my side and ended up opening the door for me. What, he finds my lip bleeding from what could be just a fall, or even too much pressure on my teeth, and he starts his rant of pity? I groaned inwardly and shoved myself out of the car, but held back a hiss in pain from my side.

Jacob began to follow me into the school and soon he was close to my side - like he was afraid that I'd fall and break into a million pieces. Stares came galore from all over the hallways and a sense of uneasiness found its way into my mind and chest. We both walked into our first class that we sadly had to have together and sat besides each other.

When the bell rang, Mr. Tamms walked in to class and rightfully began his lesson on something unknown in my mind. I had my notebook out and began to doodle nothingness onto the thin-lined paper. My mind began to wander off about later on today; if Jacob was going to bother me more for why my lip was bleeding - if he even asked. Why he now seemed so suddenly concerned when he didn't even know me. And why this was even such a big deal - it's not; my father punishing me for my mother's death is not a big deal - note sarcasm.

My hand began to scrape my pen against my paper hardly and dark ink lines began to form back and forth. I started to drag the pen back and forth more quickly, and soon the paper began to rip. The pressure in my hand added onto the pressure of the pen digging into the paper, and the paper began to shred open in thin lines made from my stress. I began to go fast and deeper into the paper when a large warm hand covered my small cold one.

My eyes went up to Jacob's, he marvelous brown eyes sent me into a small trance that would get stronger and stronger by the day. Yesterday was week, but today it had gotten more power, and just the look that I got from him made me shiver. Both of our stares suddenly dropped as we realized each other’s comfort - comfort? Sigh.

Jacob took his warm hand off of mine and turned his attention back to the class, but his glances seemed to be more of an attention getter than anything else. And when the bell rang I shoved my notebook into my bag and rushed out of the door, and to my next class. And again, in my next few classes, Jacob's stares got stronger and more recent. It wasn't a dirty stare like he wanted me hardcore, or the look that said he was going to rip me to shreds - it was a look of completement and adoration.

Lunch came by quickly once again, and I found myself sitting next to Paul and smiling weakly at his jokes and comfort. Jacob sat across from me and only looked over to me every time his glare wasn't set straight on Paul's face. He looked like he wanted to rip him to shreds, and leave me as the innocent. Now, if this was jealousy, the feeling that I happened to get was the same - other girls were always gazing at Jacob. They wanted him, like really wanted him, and jealousy struck right away.

"Aren't you going to eat, Bray?" Paul asked me, pushing over his tray of food to share with me. I grimaced at the food and shook my head, I didn't need it and I didn't want it. I couldn't eat anything anyways.

I lost my appetite awhile ago, when my mother killed herself. I didn't feel the need to eat anymore - she made her life a sacrifice. Just like 'Jesus' did for his people. But without getting into some stupid religious placement. So now I was going to make not eating a sacrifice to my mother. But it wasn't just because of her I wouldn't eat anymore. I literally could not eat. I was way too sore to do much anymore - the beatings got worse depending on how shitty the day was for Oliver.

"Why don't you eat?" Jacob asked bluntly. I winced at his harsh words, but decided against raging out and just shrugging.

Sighing, Paul pulled me closer to him, his arm wrapping around my waist. He seemed to be getting very comfortable with me already, which I didn't mind, but I didn't really like the physicality of it all. So I pulled myself out of his light grasp and looked over at Jacob. It was only a peek that I got before Paul chuckled and ignored the rejection. I guess this guy was really insecure, because he must get all of the girls around here - now he's shaking off the fact that I didn't want any touch of any sort.

My eyes peeked back up to Jacob and he soon caught my stare and smiled down at me. I gave him a weak smile before grabbing my bag and getting out of my seat. I didn't look back as Paul called my name and asked where I was going. I was tired of the ungainly stares and small talking amongst the table.

I ran over to my locker and put my things away quickly before standing up and slamming my locker shut. I gasped and placed my hand over my chest as Jacob appeared out of nowhere. He let out a small chuckle before apologizing for startling me. He followed me as I began to walk down the hallway, asking me questionas along the way.

"So, Braylin..." He began. I looked up at him and a small bead of sweat formed along his forehead. He was nervous, I could tell, but for what strange reason? It was just me that he was talking to.

"Hmm?" I mumbled quietly.

"Well, tomorrow there is a bonfire at the beach, and everyone is going. So I was wondering if you - uh, if you wanted to go?" He stuttered. It was cute, but ignoring that was just the start for me.

"But we have school tomorrow." I mumbled.

Jacob chuckled and shrugged just as we walked into the classroom - a bit too early. "Tomorrow night, I meant."

"Tomorrow is Friday already?" I asked mostly to myself. Jacob smiled down at me and nodded reassuringly. I shrugged and gave Jacob an apologetic look. "I'm not - sure. I mean, Oliver- uh my dad likes to spend quality time with me, and I can't say no to hanging out with my dad..." I trailed off, wincing unoticeably to myself at how stone cold that lie was, and I'd regret it in the future.

"Well, can you atleast talk to him about it? Or maybe I could...?"

"No!" I shouted, then placing a hand over my mouth in shock at my outburst. Jacob's eyes widened a little but resumed to normal after I apologized again. "I'm sorry - I, I'll talk to him about it. If I can go, I'll meet you there." The smile on Jacob's beautiful face urged me strongly to just grab his face and kiss him, but I'd never been kissed, and I didn't want to make the wrong impression right now.

"Alright, sounds good." He answered after a minute.

I sighed to myself and closed my eyes in thought. Oliver was never going to let me go hangout at a bonfire - let alone let my go anywhere. And after tonight, when I'd ask him if I could go, I could already feel a tingling feeling glide across my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here's the next chapter, hope you guys enjoy.
Sorry I didn't update yesterday. D:
I was at Six Flags all day. For those who don't know what that is,
it's a best Amusement Park in the world next to Disney World and Bush Gardens. xD

Comment and subscribe, my loves! xD
<3