The Only Exception

Six.

The next day seemed almost normal. I woke up - without any type of interruption from Oliver, and - as what is most considerably normal, another bruise forming on my inner thigh. Hardly placing my calm fingers against it caused a searing throbbing pain.

But what am I to expect that maybe someday Oliver will come to realize that what he's doing is wrong? And maybe someday we'd be back to normal? And I could finally called him dad again?

Never. Because that "someday" will be never.

I took two inconsiderably large breaths to store away miss-taken thoughts into the deepest, darkest black hole that lived in the back of my head.

As I literally pulled myself off of my bed and began to stretch, the doorbell rang. I groaned and rolled my eyes over to my alarm clock. 8:28 am. Who would be here this early in the morning? I thought.

I walked over to my dresser, pulled my brush through the long black hair of mine, before running to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth. You never knew who'd be coming to your door at eight in the morning. Could be a movie star, America's top artist, or even someone who came to show their help.

I wiped my mouth and soon began making my way down the stairs. The impatient, and now irritable bell ringer began to repeatedly ring the doorbell and sooner than I thought, I was yelling profanities over the high bell sounds.

God totally loves me. Adores me to the highest point ever made possible. He really cherishes the fact to bring not just anyone to my door. God loves me so much that he sends Jacob Black to my home at almost nine in the morning.

- Note the damn sarcasm.

The profanities that were now being mumbled under my breath continued as I regrettably opened the door to face the mostbeautiful thing created in this world. His intense brown eyes caught my off guard every time, and I felt so weak around him. No! I can't think such a thing - especially for him.

Stifling a groan I put my weight on my left leg and stood there, staring at Jacob Black and his poor and awkward position. He knew what he was here for, I could tell. But when he looked at me, I felt more of an internal pull - I couldn't give in.

"Why are you here?" I finally asked, spat, after awhile of uncomfortable silence. Jacob shrugged as his eyes moved down, roaming over my small body. I blushed immensely as I realized what I was wearing - shorts; which were quite short, and my Metallica tank top.

But, ignoring the fact that this massively large boy was probably having extremely dirty thoughts about me, I repeated, "Why are you here?" More force and disgust added.

Jacob sighed, "I - I just wanted to uh - check on you."

"Great, well thanks for stopping by." I said quickly as I shoved Jacob's huge, masculine body out of the house. I didn't even know he had steeping into my house in the first place.

"What's the rush, Bray?" He smirked, pulling my hands off of his chest and inviting himself into my house. I groaned and shut the door behind us both and followed Jacob into the living room. The thought made me laugh sickly - the living room for me was nothing more than some healing room. Or my bedroom worked out nicely.

It was funny too, because there might not be much time for living anymore.

Jacob plopped a spot down on the light colored couch - note, I had no idea what color it was. And as I sat down next to him, my eyes darted down to the small blood stain that was almost fully under Jacob's leg. Before he could notice that I was out of it, I looked back up at him and waited.

"You know, you really shouldn't just invite yourself into people's houses. Especially people that you hardly know." I muttered, but he caught that and chuckled.

"Bray, I know you well enough to be able to invite myself in." He joked, and gave me a toothy grin. But I didn't smile back, or even laugh - I just stared at him. "You alright?" He then asked, concern overturning his face.

"Hmm? Uh - yeah I'm just not feeling good." I lied, hoping he'd get what I was trying to really say and leave me alone.

"Why aren't you out of this 'ol house?" He peered around the living room, giving it a harsh inspection.

"Because I have nothing better to do and Oliv - I told you I didn't feel well." Rolling my eyes I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on my knees. Jacob nodded and sighed.

"So, once you're all healed do you want to hang out?" Random, much?

"Uh - sure." I answered. Jacob grinned at me adoringly. If only I could - stop! No, don't do it, Braylin. I mentally shook my head along with those thoughts and gave him a weak smile.

"So -" Jacob began, but I cut him off.

"So why are you here, Jacob? Really, I am curious as to why you'd want to bother with me." Jacob gave me another grin as he shook his head and chuckled.

"I needed to check on you - make sure you were alright." He hesitated before continuing. "Carlisle told me to keep an eye on you." He said it all too quickly, and a sparkle in his eye made me want to believe him half of the way.

"Are you okay, Bray?" I gave him a short nod as I wrapped my arms around my legs. "Why are you -"

"Can you please just stop with the questions?" I spat, as I pulled myself more together on the couch. Jacob flinched away and gave me some knowing look.

"That bruise wasn't there before." Simply stated, how great. I turned to face him and found his gaze not met with my eyes, but at my upper thigh. My shorts had ridden up far enough for the newest bruise to be seen.

I shrugged it off and said, "I am accident prone, Jacob. I fell again last night after you dropped me off." Jacob didn't seemed the least bit fazed. He scooted closer to me and stared at my thigh. His warm hand hardly touched my leg just as I let out a whine of pain.

"Braylin are you okay? I hardly even touched it, you're not okay are you?" I bit my lip as the throbbing faded away slowly but surely. I shook my head in my answer to Jacob's questions. But I could hardly even think of what he asked me in the first place.

"I'm fine, Jacob. The fall was pretty bad, but I'm fine." Again, he didn't seem bought out. I bit my lip harder as Jacob took my arm and pulled me onto my feet. His warm hands caressed my face just before they slowly moved over my shoulders and down to my waist. Gently, he pulled up my shirt just over my chest and gasped.

"What now?" I groaned, aggrivated that he'd ruin such a good...moment.

"Look at you! You're a total fucking mess, Bray!"

"Don't fucking call me Bray, Jacob! God, just - leave! Oliver will be home early today and if he sees you here -" Jacob pushed me up against the wall and one look at his pained face and I swear I felt my heart break.

"Just tell me what's going on, Braylin." He whispered, his voice cracking at the end. I shook my head fiercely before pulling Jacob over to the door and once again shoving him out. I watched as he slowly hesitated to his car. Every other second he'd look back to me with concern and harsh pain contorted onto his heart-breakingly beautiful face. It felt like forever after he left, and the time was so gone that I hadn't even realized that I was on the ground crying in emotional pain for hours.

Pain. Physical pain never sounded so good. But why? Why was this happening to me? Jacob Black was trying to get inside of me and I kept denying him. Why couldn't he just leave it alone and go back to how it was before? Why was he so attached to me - we hardly knew each other. I mean, we talked at school occasionally, and Paul talked about Jacob and who he really was. He seemed so great, and the vibe he pulled off was so captivating. But I couldn't bring him, nor anyone else into this.

I guess I was going to have to stay away from them all. I was not going to take any chances, no matter how hard any of them tried to get to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! FULL CHAPTER!

I hope that you guys enjoyed! I'll update as soon as I can.
Comments make me smile and give me more inspiration.

;D

<3