Us Against the World

Betrayed

I put my trust in him. I kissed him and he went and fucked some random bitch in a hotel. My hair was black again it occurred to me that it was a reflex of whatever it was wrong with me; so long as I was angry it would continue to turn darker and go black.

Instead of falling on my bed when I opened my door, I walked to the window and stared out at the stars. I remembered when he took me for a ride and showed me all of Volterra from one spot. But I wouldn’t trust him again, like I had. I was done being betrayed, used. If Aro wanted me to stay then he would have to work for it.

“Adele, I have more dye,” standing behind me, watching my every move, Heidi offered me a smile.

“No thank you Heidi. Up until tonight I had never dyed my hair but it’s going to keep doing this so I might as well get used to it now.” But I could change it another way, “Cut it off,”

“What?”

“Cut my hair off, to here,” with a shaking hand I placed my hand on just on my shoulders. It was only five or six inches but at least it was different.

“Ok but only because I know you’ll do it on your own but at least it will be even if I do it for you,” pulling out a chair she pushed me into it and ran to grab scissors. “You know, Alec really likes you and what he did tonight was wrong granted, but he did it because he knows he could hurt you,”

“So he kills some random stranger, cause that makes it so much better,” sighing in frustration I ignored what else Heidi was saying while she cut my hair in layers. I just wanted to be someone else, I didn’t want to be here and even though I had at least made some friends I wished everything was normal again; that vampires never existed. “Done,”

“What did you do?” looking over at Jesse as he reached down and picked up some of my hair, I shook my head at his horror. “I – Adele what happened?’

“Boys happened Jesse, boys.” Looking up at Heidi I smiled, “Thanks Heidi, I’m just going to shower and then go to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow night you are going hunting aren’t you?” nodding her head she gave me a hug before leaving.

Dropping flat on my bed, I ignored the shower and let my tears fall on the pillows around me. I really hated that even though he had hurt me I didn’t hate Alec. But I did hate my reaction.

When I woke, I was still alone but Heidi has obviously been in the room because there was an outfit laid out for me. Sighing I slowly pulled myself up and started towards the shower only I was stopped by a rock hard chest that I really hoped wasn’t Alec.

Looking up, I was startled by the unfamiliar face who was just as surprised as myself, “Who are you?”

“Edward, Edward Cullen. You are human,” nodding my head, I scrunched my face up and glared.

“Yeah I am, names Adele. Now if you’ll excuse me Edward I was heading to the shower.”
Moving around him I ignored his surprise and moved into the bathroom. Stinking fucking vampires; stinking fucking men.

I took longer than normal in the shower cause I mean vampires can’t feel hot or cold anyways; so I sucked up all the hot water and enjoyed it.

I moved back to my room quickly hoping to avoid everyone but the one person I wanted to miss the most was in front of me in my room.

“Get out Alec,” opening my door I wished I was able to shove him.

“I’m sorry,”

“Out,”

“Adele I love you,” he actually looked ready to drop to his knees and beg. Shaking my head I moved out of the way of the door.

“I love me too which is why I want you to leave.” I love you, I do but I need to do this for me. “I have to get ready to go fishing tonight, so if you would get out, that’d be fantastic,”

Sighing he moved to the door and actually went to shut it but he paused, “I really am sorry Adele. Be safe tonight,”

Throwing on the dress Heidi had laid out for me, I made a dash after Alec who thankfully for once was moving at human speed.

“Alec,” stopping when I called his name he turned to me, “You’re supposed to keep fighting not give up,” shaking my head, I wished I could slap him. “You are such a boy. It wasn’t what you did that hurt it was the fact that you didn’t want to tell me, that if you hadn’t have been forced that you wouldn’t have told me. I like you a lot and you say you like me too, but you can’t keep things like that from people you like. Or I think that’s how the speech goes,”

Staring at up the slight difference I was going to kiss him but someone cleared their throat interrupting our moment.

“Yes, Heidi?” although it was quietly spoken, Heidi no doubt heard him. His eyes never left mine and I couldn’t move as they board down into mine.

“I was just checking on Adele. Evidently, our guest ran into her earlier and I just wanted to make sure she was alright, but it seems you have gotten to her first,” moving from behind me so that I could see her she winked at me. “How about I take over here Alec and you go have a word with Edward. He can’t very well leave Volterra to spread the word that we have our own little pet” glaring at her, I made a face. I was not a pet.

Opening my mouth to speak to Alec but he wasn’t there. Shrugging I smiled at Heidi before letting her pull me to the room to finish getting ready.

We hit all the clubs. Since it was St. Marcus day everyone was out and so many had hit the booze early so the party was big and full of drunks. Heidi had sent me to pick up the tourist group from Spain and she handles the groping drunk men from the bars and clubs. It was going to be quiet the feast tonight for these guys.

Smiling at my partner as we converged around the doors, I guided the tourists in passing by the secretary. I hadn’t met her but that was fine. She spoke little English so I wouldn’t have understood much, but she said something to Heidi that had her excited. Shaking my head as she picked up her pace, I moved quickly with her.

But Alec stopped me from entering the atrium and nodded as Demetri lead out two people; Edward and who I would assume was his girlfriend. Both of whom took a good long look at the two of us.

“Go to your room and don’t leave it. Lock the door and keep Jesse with you. I’ll come get you after –“

“I know,” rolling my eyes, I used him as a crutch to peel my heels of before I moved down the hall and back to my room.

At least some things stayed the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heidi and Adele

Hope you liked it, it took me a while to do.

Love,
Devon