Us Against the World

The styling of Aro

Alec had come to my room after feeding but I didn’t really want to see anyone. I know he didn’t leave outside my door, hoping that I might let him in. I was surprised he didn’t just force his way in.

I knew that there was a new vampire, one that had been with Edward but since I refused to exit my room, I stayed inside, food regularly appearing for me so I wouldn’t starve. I knew I would come out eventually but I was hoping to clear my head some more before I did so.

Two days passed as I sat in my room, occasionally picking at my food as I stared off into the corner deep in the recesses of my mind as I tried to unravel what had been going on in my head since I had woken the first night here.

1) Alec was different, even if he was a vampire
2) I was different since coming here in more ways than one
3) No one was going to tell me what it was that they wanted me for but I had some idea that it was about what I seemed to be capable of
4) I had no clue what I was capable of anymore
And 5) I was so completely in love with Alec, I was terrified that I would do something stupid.

Coming to that last conclusion, I knew I had to leave my room now. If I hadn’t unraveled the mystery of what was so special about me than I probably wouldn’t ever be able too. Slowly standing up from my bed, I looked in the mirror and was happy to see my red hair again. But something was different about my hair. For some odd reason, even though I had been sitting still for two days, nothing had changed about how I looked. I still looked as if I had just stepped out of the shower and was dressed by Heidi.

Shrugging I peeked my head out of my door and not seeing anyone I ran for the bathroom to get ready to reappear.

It didn’t take long for me to feel even remotely like myself. Running my liner along my bottom and top lids, I bit my lip for some color and ruffled my hair before slipping into some flats and walking slowly (even for a human) down the hall towards the atrium. I figured that Alec would have still been outside my door if it weren’t for him being dragged away to speak to Aro, Marcus and Caius.

But as soon as I entered the room, I was drawn to the pixie like female that I had never seen before. She may have been standing in the center of the room but she was watching Alec and that was something I did not like.

But I saw reason in it; I was human and pathetically normal, average looking; a regular plain Jane. And she was stunning, radiant and clearly not breakable. As long as I was human, Alec would have to be careful with me, always. But what did I do; did I tell him to get lost and find someone else who could satisfy him or be selfish and stake my claim?

I didn’t even have to think; moving to stand beside Alec I offered the strange female a smile. I guess I was selfish and even though I would most likely always be jealous of her, Alec was mine.

“You must Adele, I’ve heard so much about you; I’m Alice and I can see you and I are going to be the best of friends.” She even sounded like a fucking angel, why does she have to be so nice?

Nodding my head, I looked at Aro as he clapped his hands, standing up from his seat and smiling at the three of us.

“Absolutely lovely; I can see the way this may turn out. Adele,” looking at me Aro moved to stand between me and Alice, “Alice is Edward’s sister; I do believe you met Edward. Anyways, Alice has joined our lovely family with the ability to see the future. I want you to show her how things work around here,” you sick bastard.

Setting me up with the new blood thirsty vampire, what is wrong with him? Obviously my distaste was easily seen and Felix had to cover a laugh with a cough as Alice looked down at the floor clearly knowing exactly what I was thinking. But Alec as usual, came to my rescue.

“I don’t think this is a wise idea Aro. Not that I don’t trust Alice as of it but with Adele still human and Alice knew to her change in diet I don’t believe it is a good idea,” stepping in front of me to block me from Aro’s view.

“She wouldn’t still be human if you had just done what you were asked,” glancing up at Marcus as he spoke, I shook my head. He was right, if Alec had done what was planned then I would be like them, but would I have fallen for him, would I have still stayed afterwards?

Snarling at Aro as he moved around Alec, I looked up through my lashes watching him move. My hair had since gone back to black and I was beginning to wander if it would ever just be red.

“You cause a great deal of problems Adele, do as you are told or Alec will die,” watching my reactions, I straightened my spin and stood with my head up.

“I have no objections to your requests,” glancing shyly at Alec as he stood rigid beside me, I turned on my heel brushing my arm against his. “Alice, I’ll show you around but if we get lost
I am not at fault. And Aro next time you threaten me or Alec in anyway, I will not hold myself back from what I have to say. A please would have done it,” leaving the room, Alice just behind me I ignored the eyes watching me and started to show the pixie around.

I wasn’t expecting to like her or get along with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alice and Adele

I am sorry this took so long to get up. I finally got a job and I start Sunday. I won't know what my schedule is like though until sometime next week, but I will keep you posted.

Love,
Devon