Us Against the World

Emotions Run Wild

Moving slightly in front of Alice I showed her what I knew of the castle, excluding my room and the stables. For some reason even though I know many others had been there I wanted to keep it between just me and Alec. Alice was not privy to that knowledge.

“Adele, I don’t mean to pry but I am curious what is it you and Alec think you are playing with?” sounding completely angelic Alice stepped in front of me stopping me from moving further.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Alice; Alec and I are only friends.” And that was the truth, to a degree. I found myself liking Alec more and more each day I got to spend with him and even though I knew he didn’t return those feelings we were still friends.

“I’m not blind. My own brother has a human girlfriend. You know it’s dangerous, he can never really be him with you; he has to be so very careful.” Straightening my spine I rolled my eyes and ignored her, turning to go back the other way, “Wait,” snatching my arm in hers she turned me back to face her. “Adele, if you and Alec are just friends I can try for him can’t I?”

Turning the grimace I wanted to give into a smile I nodded. “Of course Alice, but you should know you’re not really his type; Felix or Demetri for sure. They like girls like you,” ignoring Jessie’s stunned expression; I turned around again and smirked. “I’ll show you were you will be staying.” On the other side of the castle between Felix and Demetri; I knew I was being mean considering she was right and there really couldn’t ever be anything between me and Alec but I would be damned if he wound up with someone who only wanted him because he was gorgeous.

Sitting in the kitchen I smiled at Heidi as she went over how much fun she was going to have taking me shopping as I sipped on a mixed fruit smoothie.

Aro had finally relented so we could really plan our trip but sadly there had been a condition.
Alice and Jane had to come too.

Speaking of those two, they were coming into the kitchen laughing and joking around like old friends as Heidi tried to distract me from them.

“It’s going to be so much fun, we can go anywhere we want to with our speed get a hotel anywhere we want with our beauty and money and of course the shoes don’t get me started on the shoes,” dropping her head onto her hands, Heidi stared at me with a dreamy expression.

Giggling I stopped when Jane started to snarl, “You mean someone has to carry the human Heidi. She isn’t one of us therefore she lacks all of our talents.” Shrugging Heidi let out a shriek.

“I want to give her a piggy back okay; I haven’t done stuff like that in ages. Besides it will be fun, right Adele?” silently pleading with me for my yes, I gave in. It wasn’t Heidi’s fault after all that Jane and Alice had to come it was Aro.

“Of course, the last time I had a piggy back would have been before my family died,” instantly regretting that comment, I felt myself slid back into the depression I had suffered from after my family’s death.

“I smell smoothies which means – ADELE IS IN THE KITCHEN, I WIN THE GAME DEMETRI” screaming like a little girl Felix scooped me up off my chair and twirled me around humming what suspiciously sounded like G6.

But once again, Felix had come to the rescue and made me smile. Dipping my finger into my smoothie I ran it down his nose and smiled.

“Oh Felix you look tasty,”

Stunned, Demetri, Heidi and Alice started laughing and even Jane looked like she was fighting a smile as Felix blinked at me.

“Adele I am supposed to eat you not the other way around,” rolling his eyes, I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. Felix was like my big ass mighty scary teddy bear; always full of laughs and comments that weren’t really dirty but definitely came out dirty.

It wasn’t that I didn’t like Alice; it was aspects of Alice I didn’t like. Offering her a smile as Felix finally set me on my feet, I shrugged. If Alice hadn’t been chasing Alec I am sure I would have been right on board with the ‘we’ll be best friends’ boat.

Sadly, even though I knew she was after him, I could not like her.

It was Jane I didn’t particularly want coming with us where ever it was Heidi had picked.
Jane would know it was because I felt threatened by Alice and that would lead to a whole other ball game.

Picking up my smoothie I quickly finished it off and washed out the glass. “I’ll go back my things then?” I wasn’t sure what to pack so I was hoping Heidi would volunteer. Thank god she did because Jane looked like she was going to say she’d help!

Three days of wondering what Alec was doing back in Italy while Heidi, Jane and Alice showed me around Paris.

It was beautiful here in Paris but I couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like in the city of romance with someone special. Needless to say my mind was always occupied.

Out of the four of us I was the only one who needed sleep so I knew the others were taking advantage of my sleeping time to go hunt which made things a little more bearable when they came to dragging me in and out of stores I never would have let myself be dragged into.

Shuddering as Jane finally wondered off and Heidi started giggling like a master mind thief I found myself being dragged into the one place I hated more than any other shop; the lingerie store.

Shuddering I cowered as the lace filled items came into view.

“I just don’t understand how you could not like sexy under things, Adele.” Agreeing with Alice on this Heidi shook her head.

“I am thinking red. It will look good on her pale skin and Alec loves the color,” why did I let them talk me into this I will never understand.

Letting go of me they pushed me into a seat and started dashing around the store. I was really starting to worry when I noticed Alice freezing and then grinning and running after something else.

I guess if Alice was helping pick things out for me then she had let go of trying to get Alec; probably thanks to me thinking all the time about telling him to turn me. I couldn’t vouch for Aro but I would stay for Alec; that is if he still wanted me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some of Adele's new looks

Sorry it's been a bit longer then I expected for an update.

Hope you have a great new years readers.

Devon